• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Kokiri (Can They Die from Ageing)

WechyPichu

is hiding behind 7 froxie
Lifeline of the Kokiri

My theory is, that, When Kokiri are "born" They grow to like 11 or 12, live until they "die" as kids, when they "die" they become fairys like Navi, and Tatl for the next generation of Kokiris, when those kokiris "die", the fairys that guided them become healing fairies and go to the fairy fountain/wherever and get absorbed by someone. Cycle of Infinite kokiris/fairies.
TL;DR (Even though this wasnt all that long)
Kokiri to 11 or 12>>Kokiri dies>>Kokiri becomes Fairy>>Serves next gen of kokira>>Next gen of kokiri die and become fairies>>Fairy becomes Healing Fairy and gets absorbed.

Night Owl

~Momentai
That's a fairly creative Idea, And it could work.
There is no real way to prove or disprove it though.

Personally, I've always held the Idea that Guide fairies and Healing Fairies were different ranks or species.

It makes sense for a fairy to become a healing fairy towards the end of its life.
But in ALttP the fairy flies away after healing you.

We don't know that much about the Kokiri or their Life expectancy other than the fact they never seem to age physically, and that the effects of the flood turns them into Koroks.

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
We don't know that much about the Kokiri or their Life expectancy other than the fact they never seem to age physically, and that the effects of the flood turns them into Koroks.

Wasn't the effect of leaving the forest what transforms them into Koroks?

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
This isn't stated in any game and at the end of OoT we see the Kokiri celebrating at Lon Lon Ranch. Quite clearly outside the forest yet also very much kokiri. It is more likely that the deku tree himself caused the transformation/evolution in order to save the kokiri, as their relationship with the forest seems only to stem from the residing area of the deku tree rather than any literal bond.

not stated in any game, but

"We created the Rito as the evolved form of the Zora that appeared in "Ocarina of Time" and the Korogs as what the Kokiri became once they left the forest. They appear different, but they have inherited their blood." —Eiji Aonuma

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I don't think they do like the gorons and zoras, because they do not seem to have a life span (unless they're sages) and I thin led to the new species in the Wind Waker called the koroks since the sage of the wind temple was a kokiri. ;)
So....Saria only grows?

I don't think can die.....Deku Sprout is protecting them right?

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
They probably couldn't. When you die of old age it's usually because of some sort of failure withing your body. When you're young, your body is strong making it highly unlikely that you would die because of old age...

only from external forces do i think they die, because if they are young forever, then most likely no problems concerning old age would ever be involved

i always thought about the forest kinda being frozen time wise like time passes but those in do not grow older but when you leave the forest time begins to pass on your body when link pulls the sword hes not in the forest so therefore he ages so if a kokiri leaves the forest and stays away for 10 years then his or her body will begin to grow but if the or she goes back to the forest it will once again stop to age as if the forest is a blessed sanctuary

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom