• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS The In-Game Clock: Old vs. New

Katsie

Lina Inverse
I understand why they redesigned the clock that counts the day and hour in the 3DS version: It's simpler, tells you the exact time, and takes up less precious space on the game screen, which, being smaller than a TV monitor, has even more importance with how much space is taken up on it for the player to see what's going on.

And yet, I don't care about their logic. I miss the clock from the original, dang it. :(

I thought that the design of the original clock was quite nice. It looked pretty to me in its own way, and being so important, was an icon of Majora's Mask in its own right. I had hoped that if they were not going to have the original clock appear on the upper screen, they'd at least have the old version on the bottom screen. But having two clocks would be pointless, I suppose. And having it only be on the bottom screen would also be bad since it's just as important to see easily at all times as Link's health and magi- oh wait... they put those on the bottom screen!

.... I know, I'm just being nitpicky. :bear:Forgive me.~

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
At first I thought a more modern clock would take away from the classic feel of the game but its more convenient in every way.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I like the new clock better. It's easier to organize yourself to prepare for events and such since it's done in a timeline format instead of the hourly rotation thing that it had before. It's also a bit easier to read imo.

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
I thought having the new clock actually show the minutes ticking would be annoying, but I was too immersed in the game to notice most of the time.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
The new clock is easier to read, but it's very simple and plain. It's not terrible but the old clock did have that charm about it that made it very appealing to the eye.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I gotta agree with Ari, i like the new one but the Old one was excellent i liked it alot ^^ it had charm and a bit of versatility ^^ it also had curvature a clock can't be a clock without it's curves tis only a watch then

Majoras-Light

Gatekeeper
I noticed the exact same thing. At first, I was very opposed to the new clock and really just wanted the old one, although getting used to it, it is quite nice and more convenient in a lot of ways.

Katsie

Lina Inverse
What you guys are saying makes sense... I myself grew to like the new clock just fine, and it is definitely more convenient. I mostly just miss the visual flair of the old clock, which I found more attractive.

When i 1st saw the screen shots of the new clock I thaught it would be annoying and take up space on the upper screen, I was hopeing the clock would be on the bottom screen. But recently i manage to get my hands on this hard to find game were im at ( i didnt want a digital copy). and im happy to say, the new clock is verry subble and its not annoying at all. i was surprised. and it works. i can understand why they changed the design, with a screen like the 3DS the original clock may had been in the way so yea they had to change it. If it was on the wii U were you have a big TV, then yea the old design would work better.

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
The old one was focused more on aesthetic and the newer one is focused more on utility. In an era where cleaner smaller HUD's are appreciated, the smaller (but more precise) clock of MM3D is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom