• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Imprisoned

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
I absolutely detest The Imprisoned. I didn't mind fighting him once...maybe twice........but THREE times? Please. Seriously? :mad:

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
The Imprisoned should be named The Chore instead, because that's exactly what it feels like. In fact, I'd rather wash dishes or do laundry than have to fight The Imprisoned! >_<

MW7

The Imprisoned should be named The Chore instead, because that's exactly what it feels like. In fact, I'd rather wash dishes or do laundry than have to fight The Imprisoned! >_<

Haha I agree. One battle was enough to never want to fight it again. The dullness of the repetition was enhanced by the fact that the spacing in the quest between the second and third fights was very short. The Imprisoned is one of the few instances in Zelda games in which I am positive that the game could actually be improved by removing something entirely. One battle would have been alright, two was pushing it, and three was beyond the point of overkill.

@TheBlueReptile- I honestly never would have thought to jump on his head if not for the scripted final hit of the final battle. So my first playthrough was literally all toes.

R

Rupayan

Yeah... a couple people have been saying it, but the majority are talking about how you have to slash its toes off? I rarely did that, only sometimes, just to have some variety as it was boring. At first, I just used the center wind blowing thing to fly all the way up, dive down, and land on his head. Repeat X3. The second time, I realized that I could just jump off the ledge above it, and didn't need to waste time falling, and going to the center one all the time. But still, I just jumped on his head like usual. Could someone explain exactly what happens if you slash all of the toes off? I usually did one foot, and again, that was just for the hell of it.

MW7

Yeah... a couple people have been saying it, but the majority are talking about how you have to slash its toes off? I rarely did that, only sometimes, just to have some variety as it was boring. At first, I just used the center wind blowing thing to fly all the way up, dive down, and land on his head. Repeat X3. The second time, I realized that I could just jump off the ledge above it, and didn't need to waste time falling, and going to the center one all the time. But still, I just jumped on his head like usual. Could someone explain exactly what happens if you slash all of the toes off? I usually did one foot, and again, that was just for the hell of it.

The Imprisoned falls on its back, giving you plenty of time to run around and hit the thing into it's head. It's easy the first battle, but on the other two the Imprisoned has arms so you might have to use the wind blowers to get around to its head since the arms take up so much space.

P

Princesszelda97

I was really annoyed with imprisioned.....UGH! he didnt do much at all! incredibly easy!

S

SlurpeeTigger

When I first saw it, I dropped my controller and said HOLY <BLEEP>!, but the 2nd and 3rd fight took me a while to figure otu what to do.....I loved the challenge of this boss.

1st fight - Dang, that thing's huge!

2nd fight - Groose is awesome. Glad I'm done with The Imprisoned (annoying boss).

3rd fight - WTF?! I have to fight you AGAIN!?!

And btw, regarding jumping on his head - if you do it too many times, he will shake you off, which is why some people don't do it.

The imprisoned was a nice idea for a plot in the game. However, the battles got very repetative. In other words, I did not like the imprisoned battles because they were not hard, but ANNOYING. Hard bosses are fun because you realy need to focus on the task at hand. Annoying bosses just don't make you feel as epic as you should be, and are simply annoying. Imagine you had to stop your friend from escaping the house when he has the electric circle comming out of his foot. Not fun.

I will post my opinions to each battle.
1st time:
-Before Battle: Whoa... This thing is huge!
-Durring Battle: Wow, this is easy...
-After 2nd Hit: His feet do the electric thing automatically now! WTH! And it does 1 full heart of damage!
-After Battle: Felt awesome sealing that beast
-Overal Opinion: Meh.. I'm glad thats over. The battle was not fun, and it kinda had a suspence to it.

2nd time:
-Before Battle: Again! Wait a sec... He has ARMS?!?!?
-During Battle: Annoying as hell! The dumb electric foot steps gain greater lengh after each hit.
-After 1st hit: What is he doing.... NOOOOO He's climbing.
-After Groose explains his invention: This better work... It does!!!
-Overal Opinion: Not again... and he's realy annoying this time. Nothing fun about this battle.

3rd time:
Before Battle: -_-" AGAIN!! I just fought this thing 10 minutes ago! Nothings changed about this bum either.
During Battle: This guy is practically imposible to beat without taking damage.
After 1st hit: O_O He.... can.... friggin.... fly. GROOSE! You better help me out here!
After 2nd hit: Ok Groose, this is your cue... WHAT?!?! How could you run out of bombs!!! He's getting higher!!! Oh crap, I'm screwed.
Getting Launched outta Groose's catapault: Epicness.
After Battle: SCREW YOU BUM!!!!
Overal Opinion: Please, stop it with ths boss, Realy. Nothing is great about it. The only thing fun it sealing it in the end.

I could say more, but this is long enough.

Last edited:
The Imprisoned was kinda of a let down, I mean you saw in the beginning scene and times in Links dream, so you figured it would be a battle that would happen more later on and it would have a more different and harder way to destroy it. I thought it would be way more harder them that.

The first time I fought it, my sister and I thought it was so cute. It was so weak and we kind of felt bad for it. The second time, it had arms and a tail, therefore, not cute. Groose made the battle fun though. The third time just annoyed me. It was the second time I fought it in 30 minutes. I DID like getting launched onto its head though :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom