• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Imprisoned in Ocarina of Time?

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
hmmmmmm explanations I thought up-

1) Could be a drawing Link made of himself as a hero fighting a generic monster with a fairy because he secretly wants to be a hero and to have a fairy like the rest of the Kokiri.

2) Could be a drawing of a past hero fighting a dodongo.

3) Could be a drawing that Link drew of one of his dreams. He prophetically dreamed of Ganondorf chasing Zelda out of the castle. He could have had another prophetic dream of him fighting King Dodongo.

4) Could be the Imprisoned. Nintendo would have to retcon it for this to happen. I mean, the drawing has eyes and the body shape isn't similar to the Imprisoned. And I don't see Nintendo delving into the meaning of one little drawing. It could conceivably be the Imprisoned though.

5) Could be one of the Skull Kid's drawings. There is no proof to back this other than it looks like his drawings from MM.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
I've thought about this drawing, and I have certain ideas about it. First of all, I believe its done by Link. I never saw any evidence to suggest otherwise. You could say "Groose did it" but considering OoT came out so much time earlier than SS and that Nintendo isn't very good at keeping continuity, I don't believe this was planned to be connected with their eventual prequel. I can accept the possibility that Nintendo remembered the drawing from OoT and decided to roll with it. The drawing is indeed very similar to the concept of the Imprissoned. If there is a connection between the drawing and the Imprissoned, it was made by looking at the drawing and coming up with something.

I never took much thought to the drawing until I heard a youtuber by the name chuggaconroy talk about it. He mentioned that Link probably felt down because he didn't have a fairy like the rest of his kokiri and this drawing was symbolism of how he wanted to feel important. Given how Link is separated from the rest of his village, this is a pretty believable theory. I also believe that it could be foreshadowing. Though Ganon in OoT doesn't necessarily look like the drawing, Link eventually does become a hero and does have to fight monsters. I believe the drawing to be either those... or just a drawing. They're a bunch of kids living in the woods so finding a drawing like this doesn't necessarily have to mean anything. I did drawings like this all the time as a kid.

So I don't believe it's impossible for the drawing to be the Imprissoned, but its highly unlikely. Though the two images are similar, given Nintendo's history with continuity, I'm not convinced.

Yeah... I have always thought of the creature as King Dodongo, ever since I first played the game, when I was like 4 or 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom