• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors The Hype Train Has Crashed

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I was super excited for Hyrule warriors. They were revealing new info by the week, by the day even. However now it's out in japan they've revealed everything and now the rest of us have to wait a month to actually get the game. They can't reveal anything new because they've shown it all and now my excitement has dropped significantly. Unless they suddenly reveal something like a tingle and groose DLC to coincide with the western release I don't see how they can build excitement again.

I don't know, what do you think? Do you feel similarly about the HW situation?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I was never hyped about the game to begin with, to be honest. It's just Dynasty Warriors with a Legend of Zelda skin, and I didn't like Dynasty Warriors. Probably not going to buy it, though I do want that scarf... Although I don't think lack of reveals typically deflates any hype train I have for any certain game; it's always nice to see new things, sure, and it's a nice way to keep hitting those front pages for the developer, but those things remain things to be excited about until you get to play it. So if they revealed something I was excited about, the only time that excitement would die down would be when I actually got to play it. So I don't feel the same, no.

For me the hype train has not died down as such. It's more peaked a little too early. I think if we got the game at the same time as the Jap release then we'd all be hyped up for it. But having to wait another month, I feel for me the hype has already peaked and I'm on the backside of the hype mountain now.

The one good side is maybe the game was a little too buggy for the Jap release and our version should be less buggy. That's something.

Not really, I've been watching some of the things gamexplain uploaded. Particularly the soundtrack has me fired up. I try not to watch a whole lot of gameplay. They've more or less announced some form of DLC being available in the future so I wouldn't be surprised to see something for the EU/US launch.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't think I was ever too excited to begin with. I mean, I definitely want the game, but I guess since it's a non-canon spin-off I don't really care if I get spoiled or not. Heck, I've already watched a playthrough of the Japanese version of the game on youtube (despite not being able to read anything). Not to mention I probably won't be able to get a Wii U for another whole year, so there's no way I'm gonna wait that long to find out what the game's all about.

Serves you right for watching all those Japanese playthroughs. Seriously, if you don't have the tolerance to avoid spoilers, why get hyped in the first place?

Fig

The Altruist
I understand that Hyrule Warriors has practically revealed they have to offer as of now, but are you really not going to buy the game simply because there's nothing else being revealed? I spoiled myself for Hyrule Warriors because I'm really excited for the game and though most if not all of the information has been revealed, it's not going to drop my sense of excitement mainly because I still need to wait for the game to be localized so I can read the English text (as I can't read Japanese but do know the gist of what is going on story-wise). That's like saying when the Japanese release for Smash 4 3DS reveals everything, I should not be excited simply because I wanted more or because there's nothing else to reveal. It's one thing to know what's is revealed for a game and another to actually have a first-hand experience. My excitement for Smash 4 will not drop even when the full roster is revealed, because that would be nonsensical from me to not be excited for a series I love simply because the roster was revealed and that's. If you wanted to stay excited, don't force yourself to be spoiled, simple as that. What's the point of watching Japanese streams if you are going complain that there's nothing left to be revealed. I've watched Japanese streams left and right (e.g. GameXplain) and I'm even more excited for the game because of how fun and energetic the game looks, especially gameplay wise.

Honestly most people have this mentality that once everything is revealed, they lose excitement for a game they wanted to try out or play. Which makes absolutely no sense if it is a game that people have wanting for a long time. This is a hypothetical situation, but does it really make sense that if everything about OmegaRuby & AlphaSapphire were to be revealed before its release and the people who have been wanting this since as early as 2010 to just not be excited anymore and potentially not buy the one game they have been begging to happen? To actually lose excitement because everything about a game has been revealed just makes no sense. It makes the person sound and look selfish because there's nothing to be excited about. It's a Gen III remake using Gen VI's engine. You don't want to see a 3D Hoenn, Hoenn at night, new Mega Evolutions, Primal Devolutions, updated contests, artwork redesigns, a free Shiny Beldum with the Mega Stone as soon as open the game, and so much more all because there's nothing to be revealed left and you wanted more? If that's the case, then you either 1. were never really interested in the game or 2. should have known better to not have been spoiled as this is the internet were news travels in seconds. There's people that don't know everything revealed for Smash 4 and/or OmegaRuby & AlphaSapphire because they chose to not be spoiled. I'm not going to drop my pre-orders for Smash 4 just because I knew the roster a month before I got my copy of the game. I chose to spoil myself because I am very excited for Smash 4 and the more that is revealed, the more I want the game. Even if everything were to be revealed by September 13, I am still going to be excited because now I know what to expect and focus on the characters that I need to study and analysis to better fit my playstyle.

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I'm not excited for the gameplay at all, so I can see how if I knew everything about the game I might not want to buy it.

...but Lana...she calls for me...

(and I have been avoiding spoilers anyway)

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I was never hyped about the game to begin with, to be honest. It's just Dynasty Warriors with a Legend of Zelda skin, and I didn't like Dynasty Warriors.

Pretty much this. I'll probably pick it up eventually, but I've never been all that excited about it.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Serves you right for watching all those Japanese playthroughs. Seriously, if you don't have the tolerance to avoid spoilers, why get hyped in the first place?
As a human you don't choose to get hyped, or excited, you just get that way. Clearly you have transcended beyond being a mere human and have complete mastery over the way you feel, which is why you could never understand.

I understand that Hyrule Warriors has practically revealed they have to offer as of now, but are you really not going to buy the game simply because there's nothing else being revealed?
I am still buying it, but I don't like the month difference between release dates, it has allowed a lot of the game to be spoiled early for allot of people outside of Japan. It would have been better to have a worldwide release date.

Honestly most people have this mentality that once everything is revealed, they lose excitement for a game they wanted to try out or play. Which makes absolutely no sense if it is a game that people have wanting for a long time.
It does make sense. Part of the excitement is finding out new things when you get a game. However we live in a society where we want instant gratification all the time so when a developer reveals all, curiosity is going to get he better of many people and the hype for the game will then diminish.

Last edited:
As a human you don't choose to get hyped, or excited, you just get that way. Clearly you have transcended beyond being a mere human and have complete mastery over the way you feel, which is why you could never understand.

It's common sense to avoid spoilers if you don't want to ruin the game for yourself, every gamer knows that. If you had completely voided yourself of Japanese playthroughs, you'd probably still have that hype for Hyrule Warriors that Nintendo tried so hard to build. All it takes is to simply just say no to spoilers. The fact that you couldn't do this made you think I was some super human or something, when there really isn't much to it.

Even if everything were to be revealed by September 13, I am still going to be excited because now I know what to expect and focus on the characters that I need to study and analysis to better fit my playstyle.
What you say is very true. And it applies to one type of person. The other type of person likes to play games without knowing what to expect. Playing the unknown and being like "wow that's something new I didn't expect". But it's easy enough not to watch the full game run throughs (and there will be a lot of them out before september 20) if you want to play the game with a lot of it still unknown to you. And that's what I'm going to do. I'll read text spoilers and look at picture spoilers. But I wont watch gameplay videos as I want to experience that 1st time as I play the game.

So what you said applies surely. Just not to everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom