• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Hunger Games Trilogy

Why is everyone so hyped about the hunger games. Why didnt anyone ever mention the books before they heard about the movie if the books were so damn good.

L

Lord_Ghirahim

I <3 the Hunger Games. I'm making a villager Hunger Games on Minecraft :)

--
FEEL THE WRATH OF THE CUCCO! :cucco:

I went to see the movie with some friends the day it came out. I had never heard of the Hunger Games and we picked that movie since it seemed the most interesting. I'm so glad we chose it! I was so into the movie...it was so intense! A friend has all three books and I'm planning to ask for him for them so I can read them, although I'm a bit skeptical since so many people have said that the last two books suck... I guess I'll just have to see for myself.

[QUOTE Basically, it takes place in a post-apocalyptic US. [/QUOTE]

Actually its North amaricia

Why is everyone so hyped about the hunger games. Why didnt anyone ever mention the books before they heard about the movie if the books were so damn good.

People in my town did, a lot. they wouldn't shut up about it... so I read it and immediately fell in utter love with it

Last edited:

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
Aside from that, they took out the sweet sleeping syrup Katniss used on Peeta in the cave, and they also skipped over what I thought was a fairly important scene at the end, when Katniss confesses that she'd been acting in love with Peeta to play to the cameras, and Peeta feels betrayed. They also made Katniss's interview appear a little better than it was supposed to be in the book, because originally she had spun around giggling and falling over herself, looking silly, frivolous, and simple-minded. Also, I had imagined that when she spun around, it wasn't just the bottom of her dress that appeared to catch fire....but now I'm getting into really minor details.

Honestly I'm just nitpicking here because on the whole, the things that impressed me largely outweighed the things that didn't, and I have to congratulate them for a movie well done.

I so totally agree with the little things. How about the difference in the size of injury for Peeta? It was absolutely horrendous in the book, but in the movie it seemed rather... well, minor. And the medicine gel? It was basically goo with glitter in it. Come on now... that was a little poorly done. But of course, that's so very minor, and when I brought that up to others who have seen the movie, all I got was "What?" So, besides these facts, the movie was quite spot-on.

Okay okay, double post, my bad, but I didnt see this one before...

I was told about the books before the movie was ever mentioned. I was one of those people that was skeptical: "Okay, I have to see what this is about... it really cant be all that good." Little did I know that I was dead wrong. I read the series within a week. Scorched it, basically. After I read it, I got my family to read it and even my friends - who have always jokingly made fun of me for reading - have now read the series (and now I laugh at them!). I think its safe to say that I speak for everyone when I say that this series will tip the emotional wheel and send you flying down a mountain to reach a bottom of pure literature bliss. Oh. Yes.

So what I'm really getting at is (but not really, I went on a tangent) that it's what people do. People ignore things until it really perks their interest and becomes a movie. "It's becoming a movie? It must be good then." Thaaaat's just how it is unfortunately. The same goes for many Nicholas Sparks books that are made into movies and so on. People just like to wait and see if it will become big or not, and if it does, it will peak their interest.

Last edited:
I read the Hunger Games like a week before I found out about the movie. My friend was really into the series and she got me into it. I hate how the killed Prim and having new Hunger Games would just make more people go against the rulers.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I've posted like 5345098345072 times in this thread already but can I just say;

Mockingjay ruined my life.

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I never heard of the books prior to the movie coming out. However I did really enjoy the movie, so I am planning on reading the trilogy now, hopefully before the other two movies come out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom