• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Hobbit Trailer

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
Is the actor who plays Gandalf the same one who played Dumbledore in the Harry Potter movies?

Gandalf is Sir Ian McKellen who played Gandalf in LOTR. So...no.

I love the trailer. Can't wait for the movie! There are a ton of movies coming out next year that I am really looking forward to, and the Hobbit is near the top of the list!

B

blue_air3

Yessss! I want to this movie! No matter the wait or the fact that we've seen the other movies, it will still anticipated world-wide. Many people on YouTube commented that they teared up when the Dwarves sang, I got misty eyes as well.

Jonny

When in doubt, mumble.
I don't think I could be more excited for a movie, I love the book and have great memories of my dad reading it to me as a child. 2012 in general looks to be a great year for movies: Bond, The Avengers, Men in Black III, Prometheus & the Expendables 2 jump to mind straight away.

I'd say this and the new Bond movie are the ones I'm most exited for with MIB trailing only slightly behind.

B

bdjace

I am trying very had not to get overly exited but it will be difficult since I loved the book.

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
Not only did I like the book, but I loved the LotR movie trilogy. I will definitely go to see this when it comes out.

Got misty eyes (like many) at the dwarf choir; and when gollum made his appearance, I got shivers down my spine. So excited!

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I know I am VERY excited for this movie. I never read the books, but after watching Lord of the Rings, I know this will be a great movie.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
My precious...

Loos quite faithful. Something to see. Is the actor who plays Gandalf the same one who played Dumbledore in the Harry Potter movies?
No, as has already been said here, it's not that guy. Amazing how many men look so much alike with a full beard! :lol:

To me, The Lord of the Rings trilogy was the movie event of the 2000s decade. And now, The Hobbit duology should be the movie event of the 2010s decade. I finally took the time to actually read The Hobbit about a month ago. I never had before. I liked it better than the later Lord of the Rings books. Though I imagine I'm not going to like The Hobbit duology nearly as much as the earlier trilogy. But the difference would be tiny. It'll still be awesome beyond reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom