• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Heroes of Olympus

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
This series is new so I wouldn't be too surprised if some of you haven't read it yet. The Heroes of Olympus is the sequel to the Percy Jackson series. The first book is The Lost Hero which came out about a few weeks ago. I read it and thought that it was a great book. I won't tell any details so I won't spoil it for others. The next book is The Son of Neptune which comes out on Fall of 2011:(. Dicuss how you feel about the book here.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Ah, yes The Lost Hero. I read that book some time back and I absolutely loved it. I loved how the author added in the different incarnations of the gods and explained why they appeared like that. I also found it quite interesting about the two different camps; one for each incarnation of the gods. I can't wait until the new book in the this series comes out. I'm greatly anticipating it's arrival. :)

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Yup. Another good thing, is that in different parts of the story, every 2 chapters had the main character changed. Chapter 1 and 2 would be about Jason, Chapter 3 and 4 about Piper, and Chapter 5 and 6 was about Leo. I think that this is a really good way of showing the character's thoughts, dreams etc. So instead of just one character, we will learn about more.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Yup, I've read all the books in the series and I love 'em.
I can't wait for the next one. Gonna take sooo looooong..... D':

D

Deleted member 6224

i know i hate when it takes so long for the next book to come out

But im almost finished with the book but i left it at school grrr

My favorite is leo and it really took me off guard when they went with the roman aspect i personnly dont like rome but love greece

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
But one tlhing that I'm curious about, is how that the satyrs at Camp Half-Blood never bring a Roman demi-god until Jason and Leo appeared. But there's also another thing? Say that a Roman demi-god and a Greek demi-god had just walked into each other(before the Mist was used), but didn't know who the other one was. Would they still try to kill each other?

I wish that The Son of Neptune would come out sometime in mid-summer 2011.

C

curl

I was not believing earlier but when I read the same story it. gonna soon take it.

Jedizora

:right:
Yeah, I can not wait for the next one. The reason hes taking so long is becasue he is creating a new kane chronicle book.(acording to borders)

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Ya, I'll make the topic for that but I'm too lazy right now :P. It's called the Throne of Fire and it's coming out within a few months....I think. Too bad the Son of Neptune will only come out in Fall. I heard that Riordan plans to have it published by October. The Son of Neptune is not a Roman camper, but is
Percy Jackson

L

LinksObsession

I honestly didn't like the book very much. I guess the main reason is because it wasn't in Percy's point of view and he's basically what made the other book interesting. In my opinion.. I also found it really annoying how the book constantly changed point of views at the wrong time. I hope the Son of Neptune is a lot better D:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Ya, I'll make the topic for that but I'm too lazy right now :P. It's called the Throne of Fire and it's coming out within a few months....I think. Too bad the Son of Neptune will only come out in Fall. I heard that Riordan plans to have it published by October. The Son of Neptune is not a Roman camper, but is
Percy Jackson

Duh.

But, anyway, this was a GREAT story. My favorite reference, though, was in Red Pyramaid (KC)
Amos said:
Can't go there... Other gods.

Does that quote even fit in this thread?

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Son of Neptune came outa while back and I forgot to post here. Go and enjoy it. I still haven't gotten a hold of a copy yet, so I need to read it asap. Next book is called 'The Mark of Athena'. Due for a Fall 2012 release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom