• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Hero of Time Defeated Timeline Split - Major Flaw

What I dont understand about what you said Locke is that you said after Ganondorf supposed killed Link, he took the ToC and ToW, completing the Triforce. If Ganon than had in his control the full triforce, how could he possibly be sealed away! He has the stinkin Triforce! A piece of the three Golden Goddesses power! How could he just be sealed away by a couple of old men?!?! He simply doesnt make any sense.

My interpuration of the Triforce was always that it granted its holder ultimate power, and combined with the power Ganondorf already had, it doesnt make sense to me that seven old guys from down the street could seal him away!

From what I now understand after Ganon defeats Link, he obtains the ToC and ToW from Link and Zelda and with all three pieces he goes back to the Sacred Realm and then wishes that it be the Dark World which he then makes as his own domain and kingdom basically. When evil was coming out of the gate years later that's when the seal war happened and a new King of Hyrule then commanded the wise men to seal the gate, sealing Ganon there as well.

Smoore

The Rational Theist
If the Sacred Realm is supposed to be the realm of the goddesses and a glorified version of Hyrule, why doesn't Ganondorf want to stay there? Then he could avoid a war with Hyrule altogether and rule over his own universe.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Ganon had the entire Triforce in ALttP and was sealed in the Dark World. And those seven "old guys from down the street" are actually very powerful Godlike beings.

Are these men more powerful than the full Triforce? I find it hard to believe. No matter how godlike you are, there is no being ven remotely close to the power of the Three Golden Goddesses, or even a shard of their power.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Are these men more powerful than the full Triforce? I find it hard to believe. No matter how godlike you are, there is no being ven remotely close to the power of the Three Golden Goddesses, or even a shard of their power.

Explain the events in the backstory of SS then

Um this is all really confusing XD...The triforce never split for Link and Zelda in AlttP, I think because at the end when you defeat Ganon Link wishes on the full triforce that Ganon had in his possession. Correct? And all the Sages can do is seal his power and not take it away. From what I understand of the triforce, it sees what's in one's heart and grants one wish. Can the triforce be used multiple times by one person? Or does it break apart after being used? I forget what happened at the end of Wind Waker. But then again, the triforce stayed after SS. So I really don't know and this part of the timeline confuses me.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Um this is all really confusing XD...The triforce never split for Link and Zelda in AlttP, I think because at the end when you defeat Ganon Link wishes on the full triforce that Ganon had in his possession. Correct? And all the Sages can do is seal his power and not take it away. From what I understand of the triforce, it sees what's in one's heart and grants one wish. Can the triforce be used multiple times by one person? Or does it break apart after being used? I forget what happened at the end of Wind Waker. But then again, the triforce stayed after SS. So I really don't know and this part of the timeline confuses me.

If a person with an evil heart touches it, it will split without wish, then, the person can seek the remaining pieces to get his wish, it didn't split in SS because Link has a balanced heart

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
End of OoT, Ganondorf defeats Link, gets triforce of courage, then defeats Zelda and gets triforce of wisdom. So, Ganondorf has the whole triforce. Hence, ALttP.

If that was the case, then Ganon would have won in ALttP a long time ago. Ganon has the full Triforce and yet he falls to Link when it came to battle, not to mention that throughout the game it was explained that Ganon, despite being armed with Triforce, could not get out of the Dark World because the Seal of the Seven Wise Men. From what I understand from Hyrule Historia, the OoT sages sealed Ganondorf after he got the whole Triforce but it wasn't enough to prevent evil men from enter in the Sacred Realm and becoming Ganon's minions. And so when Ganon's army tries to take over Hyrule years later, the Seven Wise Men created a second seal over the Sacred Realm.

If the sages could stop him so easily, then why does he escape before TP with only 1 piece of triforce? Although, this timeline solves the villages of AoL. Link awakens the sages, who the towns were named after, then gets killed by Ganondorf, so the towns still have someone to be named after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom