• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Hero of Time Defeated Timeline Split - Major Flaw

OK so after looking at this third split where the Hero of Time is defeated by Ganondorf I noticed a major flaw in this.

Now if you look at ALttP's backstory we know that Ganondorf went into the Sacred Realm and took the Triforce. This does happen in OoT as well but in OoT when Ganondorf gets the Triforce it splits. He receives the ToP, Link the ToC and Zelda the ToW. In ALttP, the Triforce doesn't split, he still has all three pieces and thus is sealed with it in the now Dark World by the King's command to the seven Wise Men (or sages).

According to this timeline, Link is defeated by Ganon which means Ganon would have to have taken the ToC and ToW away from Link and Zelda and then would have been sealed in the Dark World. That doesn't make any sense at all because he was in Hyrule, not the Dark World so how would he have gotten sealed there prior to ALttP? Also how would the King even command seven wise men/sages to seal him there anyways when the King is supposedly dead during adult Link's time in OoT?

Either Nintendo royally screwed this up by overlooking this OR perhaps the split occured sometime or somehow when Ganon took the Triforce and before it split. =\ I don't know what do you think?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
It's all laid out on pages 92 and 93. OoT isn't actually the SW; that happens later. Ganondorf does get Link's and Zelda's Triforce pieces in OoT, then he's sealed in the SR. Much later (i.e. when a new king is in power), the events surrounding the SW take place - people search for the SR, evil flows from the temples, etc. This is when the Sages (could be new ones - the 'wise men' from LttP's backstory) seal the SR for a second time (third if you count the original construction of the ToT).

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
What I dont understand about what you said Locke is that you said after Ganondorf supposed killed Link, he took the ToC and ToW, completing the Triforce. If Ganon than had in his control the full triforce, how could he possibly be sealed away! He has the stinkin Triforce! A piece of the three Golden Goddesses power! How could he just be sealed away by a couple of old men?!?! He simply doesnt make any sense.

My interpuration of the Triforce was always that it granted its holder ultimate power, and combined with the power Ganondorf already had, it doesnt make sense to me that seven old guys from down the street could seal him away!

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
What I dont understand about what you said Locke is that you said after Ganondorf supposed killed Link, he took the ToC and ToW, completing the Triforce. If Ganon than had in his control the full triforce, how could he possibly be sealed away! He has the stinkin Triforce! A piece of the three Golden Goddesses power! How could he just be sealed away by a couple of old men?!?! He simply doesnt make any sense.

My interpuration of the Triforce was always that it granted its holder ultimate power, and combined with the power Ganondorf already had, it doesnt make sense to me that seven old guys from down the street could seal him away!
Exactly. One of the reasons I hate how the third timeline was handled. But that's the way it was handled.

@LoZ, the HH is much more concise. Might as well read the official word rather than fans' interpretations.

Last edited:

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
Personally, I just think this timeline was thrown together to tie-in the old games to the new ones, so naturally it's going to have it's problems.

Ganon could have been sealed into the Scared Realm even with the whole Triforce. What's stopping the three Goddesses themselves from coming down to help out the Sages at the last second? With Link and possibly Zelda dead and Ganon in control of the complete Triforce, Hyrule would have no real hope anymore. The Goddesses did a similar thing in the Wind Waker when Hyrule had no hope.

A cop-out ending for sure, but a possibility.

Perhaps there's another future "game" in between there that we haven't seen yet. Might explain what happened a little better.

the king ordered it because link was dead and the 7 men were the only ones left able to put ganon in the dark realm, it makes sense in my opinion.

Smoore

The Rational Theist
Perhaps the Triforce only split after Ganondorf left the Sacred Realm. If he managed to kill Link within the Sacred Realm, there would be no one with the courage to possess the Triforce of Courage. Without a balance of persons, the Triforce never split and the entire thing went to Ganondorf. Yet Ganondorf still couldn't master the Triforce because he lacked a balanced spirit, so the sages were still able to banish him.

Crono

Hylian Rebel

Ganon had the entire Triforce in ALttP and was sealed in the Dark World. And those seven "old guys from down the street" are actually very powerful Godlike beings.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Theres probably a gap between OOT and ALTTP think the whole reason that there is no king is because ganon would easily take the remaining triforce, and run of to were hes strongest, the Dark World, next back in hyrule while ganon was casuing tryany across the land a king is chosen to conquer the evil king a war is started and the soldiers of hyrule fight the demon monsters of ganon, eventuly the king tells the seven sages to help him in this time of need to sacrifice themselves to seal ganon, and they do and a sense of peace is finally spread through the land of hyrule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom