• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

THE HELLA BOWL

Will you be hella watching????

• Yes, and I'll be rooting for the Broncos.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, and I'll be rooting for the Seahawks.

• Yes, but I'm only in it for the commercials.

• No, I don't watch the Super Bowl/Can't this year.

• What's the Super Bowl???? Is it like... a giant bowl???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
And by that I mean tHE SUPER BOWL, BEOTCHES! Some hate it, and some are so crazy in love with it that they've considered marrying it. This year marks the XLVIII (because I honestly have no idea what that is) Super Bowl, and it's gonna be hella (not really). We've got the Denver Broncos versus the Seattle Seahawks (both suck).

WHO DO YOU WANT TO WIN?

DO YOU EVEN CARE?

CAN YOU FEEL THE HYPE?

TELL ME!

What is this "Super Bowl" of which you speak, and is it edible af? If so, then what are the flavors? If there's savory barbecue, you can count me in~

For serious, though, I probably won't be watching the Super Bowl this year. Sadly, I'm still recovering from a 5 and a half mile walk I took in the snow last night, so I'll probably sleep through the whole thing anyhow. My coworkers'll probably fill me in on Wednesday when I head back to work anyway, and I'll just pretend to give two sharts like I always do. Geaux whoever's popular!!! ~

Beeker

Wild Card
Oooohhh yeah, my family will definitely be watching this year. My dad, who's the main football guy in the family, has his team (the Seahawks)in this year. I remember the last playoff game hearing my parents yelling and screaming from where I was upstairs. I'm sure tonight will be a riot. xD
Too bad though, since I'll be out for most of the day/evening... :rolleyes:

but the real negative part is i'll miss the superior bowl...the puppy bowl ;_;

Sheik

:the:
The rest of my family are all huge sports fanatics, but none of us are really interested this year because we're indifferent to both teams, so... I guess we'll watch it, but we won't care all that much? Or maybe we'll only watch it for the commercials? We just don't really care about the outcome, but we'll probably still watch it.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
My family will be watching, but I won't be. I couldn't care less about football (or any other sport for that matter). I'm just glad that the teams my parents care about aren't in it. Otherwise, they'd be shouting their heads off cheering. Especially my mother. She's one of the really loud football fans. I can sometimes hear her from downstairs all the way up in my room... Fortunately I shouldn't have to worry about that this year.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Watched every year since 1989 (my first football memory wasn't a Super Bowl, but The Drive with some no-named kid out of Stanford named John Elway).

My option wasn't listed on the poll: rooting for a well-played, close game.

It's not usually my favorite game, as it's bloated to hell with commercials and the oft-wretched halftime show. While the games in the past decade have been much more competitive than in the 90s, the play is often rigid and generally inferior (the best weekend of NFL games is the first round of the playoffs).

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Heck ya! I'm a Seahawks fan through and through, regardless of the outcome to this game I'm gonna be crying later today. Seattle has been starved of any major sporting victory years and years, seriously, we're the Cleveland of the west.

Broncos path to victory: The Broncos have the greatest offense in NFL history. No one can deny that fact right now. They have lit up the board in like every notable stat on the board. In order for the Broncos to win, they need to run up the score on the Seahawks. Peyton Manning needs to get established and comfortable in the pocket, and he has the experience to do it too. They have a dangerous receiving core but Peyton is what makes them dangerous. If the O-line can hold the Broncos are going to be pretty unstoppable.
On the other side of the coin, the Broncos defense needs to be careful, and not give up lots of points. The Defense of the Broncos is the weakest unit the Seahawks have had to face in the playoffs, and it's going to show tonight. Everyone disrespects Seattle's Offense, but if Denver's Defense doesn't play their best game of the season, it's going to be a close game.

Seahawks path to victory: The Legion of Boom is the best secondary, when the numbers have been crunched and everything, since the NFL-AFL merger. That's a long time ago just fyi.
The Seahawks secondary should be able to contain Denver's receivers for the most part, but unless the Seahawks put pressure on Peyton Manning the Secondary will eventually falter. However, even if pressure can't be gotten to Peyton Manning, it's not a done deal. That's how good the Legion of Boom is. Everyone hates the Seahawks now because of Sherman sounding off on Michael Crabtree, he's right. He's the best corner in the game, and the Seahawks have the best pass defense in the League and it's going to show against the Broncos. The fact the Broncos were unable to put 30+ points up on the Pats or Chargers earlier this post season, doesn't make me fear them that much. The Seahawks defense makes both of those defenses look like they should be playing Highschool Ball
However, the biggest weapon the Seahawks have going into this game, will be on offense. Which is, everyone is writing the offense off as being awful. Especially Russel Wilson. People forget, that when the chips are down and the time comes for Russ to play, he makes the plays he needs too. Back last season, the guy almost single handedly brought us back from a 20+ point deficit against the Atlanta Falcons in Atlanta. If our defense holds for 31 seconds, and if the Falcons don't get to kick twice :facepalm: we pull off one of the greatest playoff comebacks in NFL History. This year, Wilson hasn't had to do that. He came through with the plays he needed against the Niners, and this time our defense came through. Expect the Seahawks offense to have a big game today. Don't expect Wilson to throw for 300+ yards, expect the run. But if the Seahawks get down into a 21-0 hole at the end of the first half, it's by no means over.

Ultimately, this game is the Seahawks to lose, our defense matches up better against their offense then their defense matches up against ours. Look for the Seahawks offense to light up the scoreboard tonight.
It's gonna be a fun game regardless, but I'm probably gonna jump into the ocean if we lose so if the Broncos win the SuperBowl and you never see me again... yah...

GO HAWKS!!!

Clank

Hmm
I have this whole thing about why I don't like sports that I won't go into, but the gist of it is watch/play sports if you want, but don't involve me with such nonsense...

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
SUPERB OWL

In all honesty I could give a **** about football on the best of days. It's worse, though, because my parents actually watch this one and try and strongarm me into watching it under the guise of "looking at the commercials." Add to this my general apathy towards sports as a whole (except Baseball, and to a smaller degree, Soccer), and you have a very unpleasant day in which I am repeatedly screamed at to watch the damn thing and I wholeheartedly refuse.

Ganondork

goo
I love the Superb Owl, and here is why.

Broncos - best offense + Peyton Manning
Seahawks - best defense + Russel Wilson

Both states that the teams come from have legalized marijuana, so it's a Super "Bowl" alright. :brow:

Great commercials, usually. Some are cringeworthy though.

Red Hot Chili Peppers and Bruno Mars at half time. RHCP better play songs from "Blood Sugar Sex Magik" and Bruno Mars better play, "Locked out of Heaven."

hella

peyturtle.gif

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I never got myself into NFL. I only follow NHL and that's it. I hear a lot of stories about Seahawks and that Sherman guy so it is hard to miss that story especially when it has been around FB and in the news for days. But I'm so not going to watch tonight. I was very surprised it was that time of year again. The Super Bowl. I was like: WTF??? IS IT ALREADY THAT TIME??? I know some of my friends are going to watch and they follow every tiny bit of it. But wake me up when it is all over please :P

I've been a Peyton Manning fan for.... forever, pretty much. I'm also really in to the NFL, and I haven't missed a Broncos game all year, all through the ups and the downs. I don't have anything against the Seahawks really, but what Richard Sherman did really projected some bad ethos. Russel Wilson seems like a great kid, and the rest of the Seahawks have some very well deserved respect when it comes to their defense. I'm hoping the Broncos offense fires on all cylinders, and that Peyton wins his second ring, just because he deserves it more than anyone else after what he's gone through.

I've been nervously looking forward to today ever since that oh so sweet victory against Tom Brady and Patriots two weeks ago. Regardless of the outcome, this has been a great year for football.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom