• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Great Transportation Battle

Which Form of Transportation Would You Like For Zelda Wii?

• Horse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boat

• Train

• Plane (Flying)

• Other

• None

• Total voters

Kazumi

chagy
So. Everyone likes forms of transportation, right? And we've had plenty of them in Zelda. We've had the classic horse, Epona. We've had a talking boat, and also a non-talking boat. And we've had a train. We've also heard theories of having a plane, or some kind of flight mechanic in Zelda. But the question that I would like to ask you is, Which form of transportation would you like for Zelda Wii if you could just choose one?

Personally, I would like a flight mechanic in Zelda Wii more then anything else. I'd like it even more then riding around on Tingle's back. It would be very amazing to fly high above Hyrule Field, or whichever field they have, and just gaze out at the country side. Look at the forests, towns, mountains, rivers and lakes.. And it would definitely be the fastest form of transportation. Of course, I would like to be able to just walk around in the field too, not like they did with Spirit Tracks. But, since the distances would be so vast, flying would be recommended. And you would be able to land anywhere.

And remember, you can only choose ONE. I'm sure we would love to have all four of them, but really.. And sorry if there is already a thread like this, I checked and didn't see one, so..

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
the only way i would ever like flight in Zelda i s if it was sort of like in WW and you had magic but it cant be full out flying more like gliding.

I choose horse

Austin

Austin
I'm thinking the Oracle games. There was no real defiant form of transportation. Occasionally you could get help from several creatures that gave you transportation to secluded areas. I wondering what would it be like to bring something like that back up again. It may not be as weird as riding a winged bear, but could have something more cooler (not sure myself).

I really don't want to see a plane. It would be too weird for me. I rather not have something flying because then it makes exploring either too easy or too different. This is just my opinion.

The possible use of the Roc's cape. I don't see how LoZ could make a game around the Roc's Cape, but it would be nice to have.

I think these crazy transport thing for Link are only suitable in the cartoonish Zelda games. It doesn't fit in a more serious Zelda, as the next one will be.
So, this time, I prefer Link in a horse style! xD
Planes? Perhaps in the future... perhaps...

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
I might boycott the game if there is a plane in it. But a flying creature of some kind would be great! It would give you the fastest way to get around the overworld and allow them to make the overworld really big. I think the combat possibilities would be intriguing too.

I've have to go with horse.

Planes......I don't like the idea of planes. There's something about traveling across the ground, fighting enemies there, it's almost like taking a plane to get to places is cheating, as you could get there instantaneously.

Trains, trains would probably be my second option. They're not the most horrible idea, and you can make great use of them.

Boats, I was never a big fan of boats, probably because of PH and how badly they used them.

But horses, horses and Epona are like Zelda in a nutshell, they just go together, and nothing is more magical than traveling across Hyrule on a horse.

CZG

I'd go for a plane (more like a hot air balloon, zeppelin or some other old style contraption).
Not because I would like it without hesitation, but simply because the developers kid though it would be cool.
Plus, the train wasn't that bad, I suppose...

They should keep Epona on the side though. They can excist both in one game, I'm sure...
Maybe some new flying horse or unicorn with wings?

Mind you...
The best Zelda ever was the one that made you walk everywhere, while burning bushes and lifting rocks on your way...

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I'm not big on the plane idea myself. I would have to say that if there was any mode of tranportation, it would be horse. It just seems like the best option for Zelda. Perhaps that's why they keep using it. :P
However, I do think that a boat could work for short distances, but it would have to be greatly improved upon from WW. Trains seem to be a thing on the New Hyrule, but we're (clearly? Hopefully?) not there yet in the... old Hyrule...?

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Voted None which doesn't really make any sense because Link has to get around somehow right? i suppose i should have voted Other, yeah definitely. Well what's done is done i guess, but I still gotta say why I chose none, it's cause i thought that meant none of the above. The whole Boat-Train-Plane theory is really not that interesting to me. When I think of the next Zelda I do not want them to continue this vehicle trend. it just seems to take up a lot of game space (I remember one of the Dev's for ST saying that the Overworld took up about half the space of the game).

And I love Epona but I think I could handle a 3D game without her. Something More along the lines of another Bunnie Hood or Pegasus Boots? ya something like that. Also an Ocarina would be nice, and a few new songs to warp Link to new temples and such, NOT the song of soaring. If they brought back some of those little diddies from OoT like The Prelude of Light.. aww yeah.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I would like a horse as my form of transportation in Zelda Wii. Although don't think that I don't like the other ideas, I do like the idea of there being a train and a boat (ST and WW being the reasons why) but having a horse, or Epona in this case, as the form of transportation in Zelda fits well due to the medieval theme the game has. Not to mention that I can't really find myself not thinking of a horse as the way of getting around the land when I think of the series.

I voted none, though I almost would have voted horse.

I'm frankly a little tired of the squandered overworld. Every game since A Link to the Past other than handheld games has had a method of transportation, as well as a drastically dumbed down and simplified overworld. I tend to think it kind of comes with having a method of transportation at all. In the old days the terrain was complex, so navigating it with anything other than your own two feet would be difficult if not impossible. A horse requires an open area, which means the boring open plains of OoT, MM and TP. Boats and trains both mean small on-foot sections and no real overworld.

I'm sick of the simple overworlds and want the complexity back, so I would rather have none... unless you count warping as a method of transportation (which I don't, really). I wouldn't mind a train or flight mechanics as long as they worked more like warps than anything else. That I wouldn't mind at all, so long as there was still an overworld between "warp" points.

But, for the record, I think it was stated - at least in rumor - that Zelda Wii will have a horse. I hope it's at least done in a different way so the terrain is more interesting. I suppose it can be done, but I'd prefer things keep mostly to travel by foot.

I think these crazy transport thing for Link are only suitable in the cartoonish Zelda games. It doesn't fit in a more serious Zelda, as the next one will be.
So, this time, I prefer Link in a horse style! xD
Planes? Perhaps in the future... perhaps...
Horse is on the poll, and it's being considered as a method of transportation. Also, I think that a boat or train could work in a more serious Zelda, but obviously it would have to be done differently than it's been in the past.

I don't have a Wii anyway and probably won't be able to get one anytime soon, so I try to stay out of Wii-only game disscussion, but...

...shifty eyes...

Gryphon.

*Runs.*
:P

A gryphon would be a pretty interesting choice if you were going to go with a flight-based mode of transportation. I would kind of just hate a plane (:xd:), and something like a dragon would be too big and powerful. A gryphon would be a pretty good choice.

Sadly... I don't really like the idea of flight in Zelda. -.-

I can't tell if this is serious or not, do you really expect us to choose plane? Even if it was just a glider it would still be 1800s in technology. Trains were even further.

Zelda games should only have a horse and perhaps a sailboat, nothing else. Anything further is just trying to mess with our heads, and it seems every time they add a new form of transportation they end up screwing it up, having numerous issues, one of them being extremely slow. Epona in Twilight Princess was more fun than the rest because you still got to use horseback bows like you did in Ocarina of time, but you also get to use your sword on Epona as well. I really don't think they need to change any more of it. Perhaps a tweak here or there, but otherwise, I think they got it down in terms of transportation.

Ikana

Trollkastel
I might want to add a horse but epona does get kinda annoying.So I picked None,I really don't like the other choices.

I had to choose "Other", simply because I don't believe there should be just one main method of transportation. I would actually like the land to include a few islands so that you can explore the sea, as well as ride maybe like a canoe-type boat to them, but nothing like the boat in PH, and having a boat like WW would just be repetitive. I also feel the same about a horse. We've have a horse for three games already, and to me its gotten a bit old. It seems like using a horse for a primary source of transport would be very unoriginal or lazy on Nintendo's part. I would like to have a horse, but I wouldn't like it to be the only way to get around. Maybe on land, but like I said, Zelda Wii needs to expand greatly on its areas, and I think a few islands apart from Hyrule (if its in Hyrule) would do the trick.

And definitely not a plane. If this game is on the CT, which it seems to be, transportation on there hasn't advanced, and I hope it doesn't. Leave that for the AT. We need to have some classic Zelda roots somewhere in the series, and if they destroy the CT by putting planes and crap on it, then I'll be one upset Zelda fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom