• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Great Sea

the moon was taken out of clocktown which is on the opposite of the planet then the moon made a big flood, The Great Sea, of the other side...
du du duuuuuuum .

ShadowZone1996 is correct. In WW the king asks you to find a new land. In PH tetra and link are in search of new land and they get delayed. And in ST they've already created new Hyrule.

in ST the flood is leaving... because the moon has been gone enough time that the flood leaves .
soooo ya

yes the ST is a new land that escaped the flood but i have never heard of the flood receding but it is completely possible now that the treat of ganon/dorf is now gone but there hasn't been any indication in any game

Well, looking back...
Unless the theory that when someone who has wished from the Triforce dies that their wish is revoked is true, then the land of Hyrule would forever be lost under the sea. If it is true, it is only a matter of time before the Great Sea recedes due to that theory.

ShadowZone1996 is correct. In WW the king asks you to find a new land. In PH tetra and link are in search of new land and they get delayed. And in ST they've already created new Hyrule.

This was an excellent way of putting it, but in ST they had found the land where the Spirit Tracks where, and called it New Hyrule, its safe to assume that this means the world has been in flood, and will remain so. As the Triforce is the thing that granted the wish, the flood is indefinite unless unwished by someone using the triforce. I would say we should expect future games to take place in New Hyrule after Spirit Tracks (perhaps the 3DS zelda Game)

-hopefully the tracks will just be rusted ruins, cus come on... train tracks as a plot? not their best idea

No. (As in, no, that didn't happen.)

Lol, okay. Well, I guess I'll take your word for it! -- Either explain yourself or keep your mouth shut. Your opinion is useless without explanation. You don't know that that didn't happen, and you present no facts to support your arrogant response.

Last edited by a moderator:

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
And it's impossible that the flood was not something that affected the entire world. Water can't be so high in one place and not in the other unless something blocks the flow or there isn't enough water (and if that were the case, then the water level would be low enough to cover all the areas the same). The Great Sea reaches mountaintops. Unless there's a massive mountain range that totally rings Hyrule and is higher than the sea level, then it covers the entire world.

Spoken like a god. One question that is bugging me is why the goddesses would flood the whole world. Another thing I was wondering is how Termina, Hyrule, Holodrum, Labrynna, and the Spirit land all connect. :thinking:

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
Perhaps the flood only flooded old Hyrule, and the Zelda planet much, much larger than Hyrule. But then that sort of makes everything less epic... haha I don't know. Personally, I don't think Nintendo thought through this one.

triforce_power

One of the Sheikah
I see it as if you use the part of the official timeline that goes with wind waker, the goddesses try to prevent ganondorf from getting the triforce and so they flood most of the planet, or at least the parts where hyrule was, creating the Great Sea. In WindWaker, Ganondorf is finally defeated and Link and Tetra set out to find new land, on the way, the events in phantom hourglass take place, which only take up about 10 minutes, and they soon find new land which they name New Hyrule and is developed. 100 years later, everything in Spirit Tracks happens

So pretty much New Hyrule is one large continent on the other side of the world from the original Hyrule that most likely lies underwater, the great sea is still there, it just isn't mentioned in Spirit Tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom