• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Great Mayo Debate

Mayo?

• Yes

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Mayonnaise is a great condiment that a relatively high percentage of people have a strong distain for.

It's great on most sandwiches and burgers.

I tend to like to put ketchup, mustard, and mayo on my hot dogs, especially on bacon-wrapped "street dogs".

Mayo is the correct "common" condiment to put on french fries. Ever since I learned the truth about this pairing, I've never chosen ketchup over mayo given the choice.

Having yakisoba pan without adding red ginger and Japanese mayo on top would be a sin.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Mayo is hands down the best condiment. I don't get why ketchup is way more popular when it's usually a weird mixture of really sweet and really sour, with an overpowering smell. It's pretty one note as well.

Mayo, on the other hand, adds a bit of fat which makes foods even more savory. There's a reason why adding fats to foods makes them taste better. And it improves the overall texture of a lot of foods by making them less dry.

Not to mention you can mix it with other condiments to make even more flavors. Ketchup is boring on it's own, but mix it in some mayo and you have a delicious sauce that has multiple uses. Put some chipotle in it for a spicy mayo. Or some roasted garlic to give it a 'fancy' kick. It's so versatile.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I like to put it on hamburger and sandwich. the best thing of all though is a roast beef sandwich with mayo, horseradish, and Swiss chez. oh gosh I love those so much. I don't like it in excess though. I rather dislike it on it's own and wouldn't eat it with fries. I also don't eat ketchup with fries. Im a mustard guy when it comes to fries, especially hot mustard.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I like to put it on hamburger and sandwich. the best thing of all though is a roast beef sandwich with mayo, horseradish, and Swiss chez. oh gosh I love those so much. I don't like it in excess though. I rather dislike it on it's own and wouldn't eat it with fries. I also don't eat ketchup with fries. Im a mustard guy when it comes to fries, especially hot mustard.
Substitute butter for mayo when you cook your next grilled chez. Then write another fan-fic about how I had the secret to the greatest grilled chez.

Mayonnaise is one mankind's greatest blunders, on par with nukes. I don't what mad scientist created this abomination, but if the invention of mayo doesn't give him trouble sleeping at night, I don't know what will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom