• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time The Great Fairy

so in OoT, on top of Death Mountain is the Great Fairy. shes supposedly the 'queen of all fairies.' my question is, if shes the queen of all the faires, why does she live on death mountain? youd think she'd be much closer to korkiri forest of the sacred meadow, somewhere closer to the forest, near the other fairies
wats ur take on this?

Big Octo

=^)
It's probably implied as one of the leaders of the fairies. It's not the main leader, as there is none in OoT.

There are a lot of 'Great Fairies' in Ocarina of Time. 5, I believe. One gives you a spin attack, one gives you Din's Fire, one gives you Farore's Wind, one gives you double magic, and another gives you higher defense. All five are Great Fairies.

Ganondork

goo
I don't believe there to be a leader of the great fairies, actually.

But anyways, more on topic. Fairies are actually scattered all across Hyrule, but they are just harder to find. You normally find them by playing Song of Storms when Navi points to an area and glows green. The fact that they're all scattered around means that the "Head" Great Fairy needs to be in a more generalized area. But, like Fede-Hime said, there are actually 6 Great Fairies, and therefore that means that each one would probably watch over a certain area of Hyrule's fairies.

Last edited:

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
Six Great Fairies. You forgot the one at the Desert Colossus that gives you Nayru's Love.

The only Queen of the Fairies that exists is in WW. The Great Fairies in OoT are most likely guardians of that area living there to give help to travelers and such. I wish though that they didn't dress the way that they do and laugh so creepily. It's disturbing. Especially when Link is still a kid.

donkey kong

Juicy pants.
There are a lot of 'Great Fairies' in Ocarina of Time. 5, I believe. One gives you a spin attack, one gives you Din's Fire, one gives you Farore's Wind, one gives you double magic, and another gives you higher defense. All five are Great Fairies.

there is 6 fairies. one gives you Nayru's love

Beeker

Wild Card
I don't think she is a 'Queen fairy', but rather a leader or a guardian of a certain group. There seems to be one Great Fairy in most of the major areas(Death Mountain, Hyrule Castle/Town, Zor'a Domainand Gerudo Desert I believe). The only one that doesn't seem to have one is the Kokiri Forest/Lost Woods. These Great Fairies must, like Ganondork said, watch over the fairies and other things in the area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lJgknvJCeU&feature=related 4:14
the owl says the great fairy is 'leader of the fairies'

As the Great Fairy on top of Death Mountain is usually the first great fairy that first-time players meet, Kaepora Gaebora most likely referred to her as the "queen of fairies" so the player wouldn't accidentally think that he was referring to a normal old fairy fountain.

/wordy wordy wordy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom