• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Gossip Stone Behind the Deku Tree

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Like many before have said I also think the Gossip Stone was referring to Link seeing that no one but the Great Deku Tree knew that Link wasn't a Kokiri. Link leaving the Forest and coming back still alive would cause me to make a rumor of just what the Gossip Stone especially if I had no idea that my best friend was actually a Hylian. As Awesome Tingle if this mentioned Gossip Stone wasn't in the original then it could possibly be talking about Fado as others have mentioned.

To Awesome Tingle this Gossip Stone is in the original but hard to get it requires an angled backflip I wish I could remember the video or the other method is using the cartridge glitch which is what I did.

Last edited:
You have SEEN Tingle right? No way that's a Kokori!
Though I have heard he was made to resemble Kōji Kondō

could be the hero of time from back in time

This might be the most interesting guess I have read here though. Perhaps the gossip Stone was hinting that Link was that Kokori, when he gets sent back - he is not Kokiri, yes we all know this, but the other Kokori may not have known this, so perhaps the message is for them, assuming they could read it.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
It could be a relic from when Link was a Kokiri earlier in development.
Miyamoto: Link is a child of a race of elves called "Kokili." For some reason or another, there are no parents in this race, only many children of the same age. All of a sudden, they grow up until they reach a certain age, when they disappear. The next generation is born just as abruptly. So at some point, Link will disappear.
here

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Interesting theory, but I highly doubt it since Tingle didn't make his first appearance until Majora's Mask which was after Ocarina of Time. And I doubt that Nintendo was thinking about the character of Tingle when they make that dialogue for the gossip stone. I always believed it was Saria, since she IS a true Kokiri and you see her outside the village. I doubt it was really any deeper than that.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Your all forgetting him.

Let's not forget Fado. He is a sage in The Wind Waker found in the Earth Temple. He is shown living there certainly outside the forest until Ganondorf had him killed. He was likely called out into the world, and he later became a Sage. His Sagedom was logical because he could easily live in the Temple outside the Forest. Fado could easily be the Sage in the Adult Timeline. The events of the adult timelines splitting off are never explained. Saria could have died or otherwise ceased being a sage.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Let's not forget Fado. He is a sage in The Wind Waker found in the Earth Temple. He is shown living there certainly outside the forest until Ganondorf had him killed. He was likely called out into the world, and he later became a Sage. His Sagedom was logical because he could easily live in the Temple outside the Forest. Fado could easily be the Sage in the Adult Timeline. The events of the adult timelines splitting off are never explained. Saria could have died or otherwise ceased being a sage.

The hero defeated timeline was never explained, the Adult timeline has an explanation

Short version: It follows the defeat of Ganon at the end of OoT

Long version: After Ganon was defeated, Zelda sent Link back to his childhood, this backfired horribly when Ganon broke his seal, since Link was sent to the past, there was no hero to stop him, which led to the great flood and the events of TWW

Meanwhile, Link is back at his childhood, he doesn't waste time and tells Zelda about Ganondorf's plan, this leads to a war with the Gerudo and the eventual capture and execution of Ganondorf, leading to the events or TP

And how is Fado related to this?

O

Ocarinahero310

well it could very well be link because the gossip stones talk about what else gossip and if all they hear is that link is a kokiri then that's what they will say no one but the great deku tree knew not even link.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I don't have any real theories to who it could be referring to, but I don't think it's Tingle. Tingle had a human (Terminian?) father, and it's doubtful that Tingle had even been thought of during the makings of MM.

But I suppose Tingle could've been adopted after he wandered into Termina...honestly, your guess is as good as mine

I haven't read that gossip stone, but I think you may be on to something... It would explain a lot. I do also think that JuicieJ is on to something by saying that no one knew that Link wasn't Kokiri, and they never did find out either.

The Kikori are obviously able to exit the forest (watch the credits), but maybe they were told by the Deku tree that if you left the forest you would most likely die. The Deku tree might have seen the future and known that Ganandorf was to come and hid the Kikori from the world but after he was defeated they were free to explore Hyrule.

Last edited:
lol maybe tingle is a hybrid of Korkiri and hylean. female Korkiri+ male hylean=tingle? ( i know that sounds weird)

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
It's almost certain this refers to Link. Tingle is a weirdo made later, and he is in Termina. Termina is an alternate dimension as a huge debate we had determined. Simply who else could it be? He was thought to be a Kokiri, and he left the forest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom