• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Gossip Stone Behind the Deku Tree

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
A couple people mention the Kokiri dancing at Lon Lon Ranch at the end with the credits, but allow me to remind you you can only read the stone as a kid, and none of those have left the forest yet then. I don't think it is Tingle, even though I think there's a possibility it is, but the gossip stones tend to say either very obvious, know things, or very pointless things, so I think it's referring to Link.

fyeahh-gina

一剣の戦いの美しさ
I have a feeling the gossip stone was talking about Tingle. It's the only obvious explanation. Because in MM Tingle explained that he had left Kokiri Forest, and grew up without a fairy.

Last edited:
I have a feeling the gossip stone was talking about Tingle. It's the only obvious explanation. Because in MM Tingle explained that he had left Kokiri Forest, and grew up without a fairy.

Tingle didn't appear in Zelda until 2 years later. Also Tingle never said anything about Kokiri Forest, not to mention he was in another dimension from it and his father appears in game and is human/hylian. He claimed he wanted a fairy, thats all, he was a grown man who simply wished he was a fairy boy, not Kokiri.

Capitaine

Ray of Silver
Tingle isn't a Kokiri. He's some jerk that was overcome with one of the seven deadly sins and the gods turned him into Tingle as punishment (talk about a fate worse than death). I am told that this is his origins in the Tingle games.
I think you've been told wrong. Tingle used to be a normal person, but then a man (named Uncle Rupee) went up to him and told him that if he can collect enough Rupees for him, he will allow him to live in a paradise (called Rupeeland) forever. Agreeing to these terms, he was then turned into a Tingle with his life bound to collecting Rupees. If he were to run out of Rupees, he would die. Many other people were turned into Tingles as well and Tingle later finds out that Rupeeland is actually a terrible place where everyone is enslaved by Uncle Rupee. The reason he is obsessed with fairies is because his "sidekick" (and romantic interest) in Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland was a fairy (named Pinkle).

Some of this information may be a little off, but that's generally what the story is.

Last edited:

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
It has to be Saria. How else would Darunia have learned her song? Either he visited Kokiri Village (I have a hard time imagining that), or Saria has left the village before Link did.

Capitaine

Ray of Silver
It has to be Saria. How else would Darunia have learned her song? Either he visited Kokiri Village (I have a hard time imagining that), or Saria has left the village before Link did.
... Or he just listened to the tune echoing through the tunnel in Goron City, like every other Goron seems to be doing.

Actually, Darunia doesn't even say he already knows it, and might suggest the opposite, as all he says is that he really likes it. Darunia pretty much learned the song from Link.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I actually just thought of something. It can't be Tingle, as he has a father. Kokiri aren't born. They're spirits of the forest created by the Deku Tree.

Um...what? Tingle never said anything like that. He just said that he's the "very reincarnation of a fairy." (Which he just thinks he is.)

Last edited:

Fiveoclock

Error 404- Life not found
My friend and I actually came up with a theory. He thinks Tingle is Link, just the Termina version of him. In the parallel world, he never found Navi, so he never got a fairy and grew up differently from the Link in Hyrule. He was found by the pictograph contest guy and was adopted by him since he grew up without a father, and due to his fairy obsession, named Tingle.
...Doesn't explain WW Tingle at all, but I think it's an interesting theory.
As for the Kokiri, I really have no clue.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
My friend and I actually came up with a theory. He thinks Tingle is Link, just the Termina version of him. In the parallel world, he never found Navi, so he never got a fairy and grew up differently from the Link in Hyrule. He was found by the pictograph contest guy and was adopted by him since he grew up without a father, and due to his fairy obsession, named Tingle.
...Doesn't explain WW Tingle at all, but I think it's an interesting theory.
As for the Kokiri, I really have no clue.

But nothing like the Kokiri are in Termina. If there are certain enemies that are only in Termina and Hyrule, I don't see why there couldn't be a race that's only in one of them.

tingle does come in at mm but that would make sense maybe he went to terminia before link so link later meet him when he went to the same place

I think it was mido because he was seen at lon lon ranch but tingle couldn't of because his father was the photographer guy and he didn't look like a kokiri

it might not be link i will say that but tingle is a HUGE stretch but it never says what happens to kokiri when they leave the forest it might just be that they begin to age so all the other kokiri believe they have died since they look different like no one can tell link was one of them when he goes back so it is a plausible idea that it is tingle (i hope not though because tingle is a annoying idiot and they already have one of them i bet everyone knows who i am talking about.)

A

acekiller55

when links mom took him to the Great Deku tree and asked him to let Link live in the Kokiri forest the Gossip stone was probably doing what it does best and listening in on the conversation, and would know that Link is not a Kokiri, so in my mind it couldn't be Link that the Gossip stone was talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom