• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Gorons: Oh, How They Have Changed

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
Hello, ZeldaDungeon!
It's been quite awhile since I have posted a new thread on here, so now I have returned to talk about a very important species in the Zelda Universe: Ther Gorons.
Over time, the Gorons have changed a lot over the Zelda universe's timeline.
Today, I shall state what the Goron tribe is like, how they act to the humans of Hyrule, and where they live.

The Gorons​

SKYWARD SWORD: I shall skip Skyward Sword since we only see a lone Goron, not the whole tribe.
THE MINISH CAP: The Gorons are rock-eating people who trust the humans of Hyrule. They live in what is known as the Goron Cave (I haven't played TMC so forgive me if I'm wrong).
FOUR SWORDS: N/A.
OCARINA OF TIME: The Gorons are rock-eating people who trusting the humans of Hyrule (especially the Royal Family). They live on Death Mountain.

TIMELINE SPLIT

Hero is Defeated​

If Link is defeated by Ganondorf, he will have Volvagia eat all the Gorons and then Ganondorf will take over Death Mountain and make his lair there. no more Gorons :(

Hero is Successful:
Child Era​

If Link defeats Ganon, the world of Hyrule will be saved and the Gorons will be able to live on.

MAJORA'S MASK: I shall skip Majora's Mask because the Gorons in MM are not the Gorons I am talking about. These Gorons are from an alternate demension, so I shall skip these.

TWILIGHT PRINCESS: The Gorons have come through a major break-through! They've come from a small tribe to a huge mining tribe. But along with this, they've come to distrust all humans. They still live on Death Mountain. They only human they trust is Bo, the mayor of Ordon. Link then gains their trust by using the Iron Boots, given to him by Bo, to beat the Goron leader in a sumo match. The Gorons then trust the humans of Hyrule again.

FOUR SWORDS ADVENTURES: The Gorons, still living on Death Mountain, trust the people of Hyrule completely. They are still a mining tribe who use large bombs to find their minerals and rocks.

Hero is Successful:
Adult Era​

WIND WAKER: N/A.

PHANTHOM HOURGLASS: The Gorons do not fully trust any human of Hyrule. Ever since the Great Flood, they Gorons went and found a new home and named it agoron Island. They are now a small tribe again.

SPIRIT TRACKS: N/A.

The End​

Thanks for reading my latest thread, ZeldaDungeon people!
Please reply any mistakes I might have made in this thread below! Thanks!

I'm not sure, but aren't there Gorons in the Oracles??

The Gorons from PH are also from an alternate world, and you forgot the Gorons from ST.. :I

Cfrock

Keep it strong
There are three gorons in Skyward Sword. The archaeologist Gorko, Golo in the Lanayru Caves and then Gortram at the Shipyards. There are also Gorons in The Wind Waker. They appear as the travelling merchants who wear hats down covering their faces.

I've always deemed Gorons to be among the most adaptable and civilized races throughout the Zelda saga. The juxtaposition of Death Mountain and Snowhead in the N64 games proves they can survive in a variety of environments although this may be a complete distortion seeing as how Termina is an alternate dimension and in other games Gorons are typically found in warmer, more tropical climates.

In Skyward Sword the Gorons are nomadic paleontologists, by the time of The Minish Cap and Ocarina of Time they have established villages of their own, and by the events of Twilight Princess they have constructed complex mines of par or surpassing the industrialization of their Hylian counterparts. The Adult Era wipes away most of this progress as the Gorons are once more travelling merchants in The Wind Waker. By the events of Phantom Hourglass however new villages are being built and the Dark Ore Mine begins its initial digging stages during Spirit Tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom