• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Good, the Bad...

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
But not the ugly. :P

What's something good going on in your life right now, and something-not-so-good? Serious and light answers both welcome. The catch is that you have to list both, so not just a good thing or just a bad.

My not-so-good thing: I have had a bum knee for several months. It doesn't bother me on a day-to-day basis normally, but I haven't been able to be as active as I've wanted in awhile because there's a danger of twisting it. I may need to go to the doctor about it, but I'm also on my feet all day at work, and I don't want to risk messing that up when I'm fine there right now.

The good: I used to love writing, but something happened. I didn't exactly lose my love but I grew too intimidated at the thought of sharing, to the point that I have not written a lot for the past couple years. But now I am enjoying writing again. I've only done a couple of one-shots so far but it feels really good to have completed even those. Here's hoping I can keep it up one way or another.

Last edited:

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
This seems like an interesting thread.

My good thing is that I've just finished college and I'm as free as a bird. It's been two long years, but it has paid off and I'm free to follow my career preference as an Estate/Lettings agent.

My bad thing is that just last week I lost nearly all my posessions at the beach when I left them all in my bag. These include phone, bank cards, National Insurance Card, keys, passport, driving license etc. I'm not a very happy bunny over that.

Interesting idea, I'll play along.

The Good: I'm getting married in 72 days, just found out I got accepted into LPN school for the fall (finally going to be a nurse! YES!), and am hoping to be able to go per diem at work so I can make my OWN schedule. And my fiance and I are finally going to be getting a place of our own soon, and the bridal shower and all the wedding things are coming up, which is making me really excited.

The Bad: I'm still on the night shift for an undetermined amount of time, run the chance of losing my health insurance, and got the reception bill (which is more than I've grossed all year so far). I have a lot of studying to do before school starts and no time to do it, and I have a miserable goal of losing 30 pounds in as many days before my first dress fitting - even I'm laughing at myself. :) Been out of work with my wrist for a few weeks and I'm still trying to catch up from that, which not only lost me money but gained me pounds. Curses.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Odd, I always thought it was "The Good, the Bad, and the Disturbing". :lol:

The Bad:

Recently I've been lying in bed until like two in the morning and sleeping until three or four in the afternoon. Some would like to sleep a lot, but I don't because it means less time to do stuff I want to do like write my story and stuff.

The Good:

A few weeks ago we got a puppy and he's absolutely adorable. We're training him right now, and so far it's going pretty well. And while I'm at it, I'll tell you that he's eight weeks old, he's a rottweiler (no they are NOT vicious. That's a false stereotype, no rotweiler is born vicious. It's how you treat the dog that makes them vicious or not), and his name is Benny (in tribute to the current Steelers quarterback).

zeldusfanaticus

im the puppet master
THE GOOD
i finally told the girl of my dreams how i feel about her. it felt really good to tell her after i had been keepng my feelings locked away for so many years.
THE BAD
thanks to so much stress from school and that this girl had not talked to me in a few days, i got drunk and sent her some texts that were not the most intelligent. i flipped and apoligized about how i had screwed everything up between us, she flipped because i flipped, and now she hates me. i have been feeling incredibly depressed and really sh!tty for the past 2 weeks
on saturday i was walking home from the pool and i saw her walking with one of her guy friends, and 10 minutes later i attempted suicide via throwing myself infront of a car as it came down the road, the car swerved and missed me.

it is the worst feeling to watch as the one thing in my life that i ever really cared about fall apart around me, and to know its all my fault.

FML

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
The good thing is that I am returning home on Friday, after having spent like three months here at one of my sister's house. I will be going back to my other life as well, which is me playing sports, (mainly soccer and basketball) doing chores around the house, weight lifting, play for my team in a soccer league, etc.

The bad thing is my presence here in ZD might drop a bit, but who knows, maybe it wont. :P

jebus_thecatman

What the moo?
The bad: Yesterday I saw my best friend's little sister (she's 5 or 6) get thrown to the ground in a rather messed up game of tug of war (the people link arms facing alternating opposite directions then run straight) at Vacation Bible School. VBS has ended so I don't see the adorable kids anymore (he...he...or the cute girls...(they were WAY out of my league, being in high school and all)). Now that its summer I don't see my friends too often because they never call me. I mow my lawn but never get paid

The good: Its summer! Next week my little sister (she's 10) is going to resident camp while my older sister has "mini" band camp, so I get the house to myself.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
The good: I just got a raise (effective next pay period) and will be bringing home between $80 and $100 more a week, or around $5,000 more a year.

The bad: My best friend/roommate and his fiance are moving out of state this Fall. Even with my raise I can't really comfortably afford the rent + utilities on the house we're living at now so I'll be getting an apartment.

zeldusfanaticus

im the puppet master
THE GOOD
me and the girl are friends again, IMA SO HAPPY. we tight :) YAAAAAAAAAAAY. infact we better than tight but that's my bizness not yours. we watched "The Gods Must Be Crazy" last night

THE BAD
the salami in my fridge has gone bad, so i had to throw it out, G*DD*MM*T, and i got my summer work for AP Physics :(

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
The Good
I have realized the truth in my life, a truth that haunts me and torments me. I accepted that truth and decided to let it not affect me, for I am myself. I am all of me.

The Bad
I'm Depressed right now, and feel alone and completely isolated. The friends I had here have made a terrible mistake, and I went against them. I had experienced a spat and nearly got into a beating.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
The Good
Things are beginning to shape up for my family and I.

The Bad
I'm stressed out. It's becoming an issue.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
Good:
This summer, though fairly uneventful, has been incredibly relaxing and I'm so excited knowing that I'll be totally for college in the fall.
Lots of gaming, awesome movies, drawing, and I'm an artistic director/techie for a production of Narnia my town's summer theater program is putting on.
Awesome sauce.

Bad:
First tuition payment came in. My dad refuses to pay for anything other than child support, which is next to nothing. My mom doesn't make all that much, and she's spent a ridiculous amount of money on two lawyers. It frustrates me that, even though I refuse to stay in contact with my dad, he doesn't even care about what happens to us financially.
Also, on a completely unrelated note, my birth control meds are making me ridiculously emotional, and I'm eating a ton but not feeling motivated to burn it all off.

Beeker

Wild Card
Good:
Summer has been great so far. It's been quite relaxing even though it feels slow. Been hanging out with friends(already more than last year:xd:) and chilling at home playing video games. And of course, lots of ZD too;). And I even got my tablet! I can't wait to get tabby up=D!

Bad:
I feel a bit depressed right now. One, because of the weather(it's rainy and grey out, my mood changes with the weather) and two, because I have the feeling I have no authority in my family. I hate when that feeling settles in. It's just one of those FML moments.-_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom