• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Goddess

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Hey all,
(sorry if there's another thread on this. if there is, please merge them, thanks!)

So, by now you all (hopefully) know about the Goddess statue on Skyloft. but, who exactly is this Goddess? is it Din, Farore, Nayru, or a completely new (or is it old) one?

I personally think it's a new one, with a possible connection with Phi and/or Ghirahim. Ghirahim seems to really not like the Goddess, or his/her/its "Loathsome servant" (the Whale), so they can't be connected. I think it's one of those kinds of situations where, like, Skyloft has its own religion and beliefs.

so, discuss what/who you think the Goddess is... xD

I think there's a thread about this somewhere, perhaps this one might very well be merged.

M'kay. I dunno, but there's a theory going around that the Goddess mentioned by Lord Ghirahim and the statue in Skyloft are all the Triforce Goddesses in one, (as in, combined). It does not seem to be a very popular theory, though, as of yet, and I myself am not a major proponent of it, but as always, my mind is open to the small possibility that it just might be the case...

I don't have any personal theories on the Goddess in question as of yet...

Last edited by a moderator:

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
We shouldnt rule out that this is a complete new goddess created by Nintendo. It COULD be all three goddesses in one, or it could be the supreme deity of which we have never seen in the Zelda series before. The only problem I have with the three goddesses in one theory is that it seems like the land below (Hyrule) is already created and is being overruled by dark forces. I have reason to believe that Din, Nayru, and Farore already exist but are governed by the "goddess". That's what I believe anyways.

jack546

The chosen one
The only time I have heard someone talk about the three goddesses they were referred to as the great godesses implying that there are more goddesses and gods in my opinion. Therefore this goddess might be a minor goddess and each race may have a goddess like the goddess of the sand for the guerudo like in Oot.

IHNo

The Other Side
I don't quite believe the theory that the three goddesses (Din, Nayru, Farore) are one, but that certainly doesn't mean that it should not be considered.
I'm more curious as to what is behind the goddess statue (hopefully people know what I'm talking about....). It looks like they could be folded wings, but it's hard to tell. If so, then....well, I still have no clue as to whom this might be. :shake:

Picture of the statue:
http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/06/30/jpg

Peeps1080

Not the marshmallow
This isn't likely, but what if it isn't a goddess at all? Maybe a symbol or legendary figure...
But no, I think it is a new goddess.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
might not be a godess at all might be a decoration
wow, never thought of that, but it looks too important to be just decoration. and if the rumor that Ghirahim and Link are fighting in SkyLoft at the end of the trailer, then it's REALLY important... and besides, it looks like it was man-made and put in the center of town for a reason.

yeah I just rewatched the trailer where it is shown and I saw how big it is. I thought it was smaller. Considering the size of it you are probably right and it most likely is very signifigant.

pupairo12

Skyward Sword Anticipator
Perhaps this was before the goddesses? If you read the Creation Story told by the Great Deku Tree, it says they descended on the chaos that was Hyrule. ( http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda05/Story/5.JPG ) Doesn't a land overrun by hordes of demons sound chaotic to anyone? Maybe (and this is where the theory goes way off the tracks of the creation story) they weren't actually goddesses, maybe they were three people that ventured down to Hyrule and dispelled the chaos, each with a quality of the triforce. (Link, Zelda, Red-Haired Bully, ect.) Then, after Hyrule was safe, those qualities were made into physical objects (the individual triforces) and stored in the Sacred Realm. Comments?

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Perhaps this was before the goddesses? If you read the Creation Story told by the Great Deku Tree, it says they descended on the chaos that was Hyrule. ( http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda05/Story/5.JPG ) Doesn't a land overrun by hordes of demons sound chaotic to anyone? Maybe (and this is where the theory goes way off the tracks of the creation story) they weren't actually goddesses, maybe they were three people that ventured down to Hyrule and dispelled the chaos, each with a quality of the triforce. (Link, Zelda, Red-Haired Bully, ect.) Then, after Hyrule was safe, those qualities were made into physical objects (the individual triforces) and stored in the Sacred Realm. Comments?
seems very unlikely, but that would mean there was a different Goddess before the three Goddesses.

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~

That sounds like a very good idea to me, but it must have been Ghirahim that was Power. My sister and I had a theory of what the statue was, but it slipped my mind for some weird reason. It has connection with either TP or OOT, I think it had something to do with Skyloft or the Oocca... I'll post when I remember.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
M'kay. I dunno, but there's a theory going around that the Goddess mentioned by Lord Ghirahim and the statue in Skyward are all the Triforce Goddesses in one, (as in, combined). It does not seem to be a very popular theory, though, as of yet, and I myself am not a major proponent of it, but as always, my mind is open to the small possibility that it just might be the case...

There are threads about the theory of the fourth piece of the triforce which is either called Quadforce or Tetraforce (I prefer tetraforce) and one of the most important things to that theory is that there has to be a fourth goddess for the fourth piece. If you believe the theory, that statue could be the goddess. Throughout the people who believe in the theory, some people believe that the fourth piece is an inverted triangle that fits in the center, while I've also heard that the fourth piece could actually be the triangle that appears when all the pieces come together to make one bigger triangle. I prefer that theory.

In that theory, the fourth goddess helps the other three work together to work correctly.

Another good argument for that particular tetraforce theory is that in TP, there is a goddess for every province except for the Ordona province. Lanayru=Nayru; Eldin=Din; Faron=Forore. Ordona=? Ordona is also a combination of the three goddesses names Or=Farore; don=Din; na=Nayru. All the provinces sound like their goddess so Ordona probably sounds like the name of the goddess that's responsible for that light spirit. If the fourth goddess is responsible for Ordona, and also the fourth goddess helps the other three work together, then I think it would make sense for her name to be a combination of the others' names.
Also, that makes sense that the fourth goddess would look like a combination of the other three too.

Also, in ALttP, at the end, Link makes his wish to the triforce, and a voice speaks to him calling itself the essence of the triforce which I think is the voice of the fourth goddess. Maybe when the 4th goddess helps the others work together, the 4th goddess speaks for them.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, I think that the goddess in the statue is a combination of the three goddess in a way, but also the fourth goddess.
(If you haven't noticed, I sorta believe in tetraforce theory.)

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
There are threads about the theory of the fourth piece of the triforce which is either called Quadforce or Tetraforce (I prefer tetraforce) and one of the most important things to that theory is that there has to be a fourth goddess for the fourth piece. If you believe the theory, that statue could be the goddess. Throughout the people who believe in the theory, some people believe that the fourth piece is an inverted triangle that fits in the center, while I've also heard that the fourth piece could actually be the triangle that appears when all the pieces come together to make one bigger triangle. I prefer that theory.

In that theory, the fourth goddess helps the other three work together to work correctly.

Another good argument for that particular tetraforce theory is that in TP, there is a goddess for every province except for the Ordona province. Lanayru=Nayru; Eldin=Din; Faron=Forore. Ordona=? Ordona is also a combination of the three goddesses names Or=Farore; don=Din; na=Nayru. All the provinces sound like their goddess so Ordona probably sounds like the name of the goddess that's responsible for that light spirit. If the fourth goddess is responsible for Ordona, and also the fourth goddess helps the other three work together, then I think it would make sense for her name to be a combination of the others' names.
Also, that makes sense that the fourth goddess would look like a combination of the other three too.

Also, in ALttP, at the end, Link makes his wish to the triforce, and a voice speaks to him calling itself the essence of the triforce which I think is the voice of the fourth goddess. Maybe when the 4th goddess helps the others work together, the 4th goddess speaks for them.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, I think that the goddess in the statue is a combination of the three goddess in a way, but also the fourth goddess.
(If you haven't noticed, I sorta believe in tetraforce theory.)
ok, i've heard that the fourth Goddess was responsible for all the evil in the world, and that's why in OoT it's in the Desert Colossus (or, more importantly, the same location as the Gerudoes, who are supposedly evil)there's the Statue on the side of the mountain... so, yeah... why would the Skyloftians support an evil Goddess?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom