• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art The Goddess Realms

vatti

The Acorn sized Magician
Well here is the long awaited Goddess Realms story! This is probably rated PG-13 for some moderate violence. This is just the prologue, the next couple of chapters will be posted in a few days. Well, Enjoy!

The Goddess Realms

Prologue

The young man was nervous. He didn’t know why. He wasn’t nervous about what he was about to do. Was he nervous about being caught? No, it’s impossible, he thought, I could easily fight my way out of here if I was caught. He shivered. Stop that! he ordered himself silently.

“Are you cold, Sir Biad?” the beautiful voice rang across the table. Well beautiful to others, but to him, it was like knives stabbing him in the ears. He brushed his pale blond hair out of his silver eyes and blinked at the princess innocently.

“Why, no dear Zelda, but thank you for being kind enough to ask.” he flashed a charming smile in her direction, and she smiled warmly in return. He grimaced internally. That smile was like the smile of Medusa to him, he never wanted to see it in the first place. He stroked the enchanted knife in his pocket. His heart ached to jump up and get the revenge he deserved, but no, he must wait until the sleeping potion in her wine took effect, for that is what his master had told him to do. He poked at the food that he was not able to eat and waited. Finally a yawn came from the princess’s delicate mouth.

“I believe I shall retire now. One of my maids will show you to your room, Sir Biad.” she gestured to a maid and the plump woman led the man up the stairs. As soon as no one could see them, he placed his hand on the back of the maid and she stiffened, then collapsed to the floor in a deep sleep. When she woke up she would not remember anything that had happened to her that day. The man crept down the large hallways to the princess’s room, waiting outside of the door until he could hear the gentle sounds of her sleeping. He opened the door silently and stared at the sleeping princess. At last he would get his revenge on the royal family of Hyrule. He lifted the disguise that was on him, making the sweet and dashing prince disappear. In his place was a horrible creature. Caped in robes that covered every part of his tortured body, his silver hair dropping over his blood red eyes. He was Diablo, the king of the Redeads, and had a sworn vendetta against the royal family. He took out his enchanted knife, which in the change had turned a long and deadly looking enchanted sword. It was designed to cut through your soul, which would immediately kill anyone it came in contact with. Diablo thought it was the perfect weapon for the job. He smiled down at the sleeping princess.

“Goodbye… dear Zelda…” He raised the blade above his head and brought it down upon the princess’s heart…

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Oh, that was cool and short, the way I love stories. Good job, make sure you keep it up, eh? Otherwise I'll hit you with a club if you forget about this story, I still want to see Atsuma in action. Jk, hope you post it at my forums too, I want to unite several writers there.

vatti

The Acorn sized Magician
k, idk still about the forums... I would have to ask my mom first. If I didn't have to, I would totally join right now! thanks for all the feedback. :)

Short chapter... be prepared for lots of them. It's a bad habit of mine.

Chapter one

Zelda was woken up by the soft sunlight trickling through the trees that surrounded her bed. Wait, she thought, trees? In my room? She stretched her legs and slowly sat up in the soft bed she was lying in. In strange situations, her father had always said to move slowly. She looked around the surrounding area. Her bed was in a beautiful meadow, maybe 10 yards across, surrounded by trees. There was the start of a pathway over by one edge, but at the angle she was at, Zelda couldn’t see where it led. She did a full body assessment to see if she had been injured in any way. Other than an aching pain in her chest, she seemed to be fine.

A full length mirror sat across the meadow from the bed. Zelda got up and did what any woman would do when they didn’t know where in Nayrus name they were, looked at her reflection. Some women did it to make sure they looked good, but Zelda did it to calm down, and in this case, see a familiar face. She noticed that her clothing had changed. Instead of her usual night-gown, she wore a white, flowing floor length romper gown, with both straps and sleeves. A silver rope served as a belt, and hanging from it was a green, blue, white and silver version of her usual sash. Her chest medallion and crown were the same, the only difference was that their gems were now white, instead of blue.

“Curiouser and curiouser…” she mumbled a quote from one of her favorite books, written in a far off land by a foreign author. She smiled as she thought of her mother who always said that when things were strange. She walked back to the bed and noticed now her bow and arrows, which had not been there before, she thought to herself. She immediately grabbed them up, comforted by their presence. Now that she had a defense, she decided to explore the pathway. As she stepped out of the clearing and onto the dirt path, the trees almost shifted over to block getting back in. Oh well, she thought trying to be optimistic, there was nothing more for me to see in there anyway. She turned around, and jumped. She was greeted by the sight of a small girl with blond bushy hair and silver eyes. She wore a green shirt and blue jeans, and brown boots. As Zelda caught her breath, the girls smiled.

“You must be Princess Zelda!” she said with bubbly enthusiasm, “My names Sharon. Or at least I think it is. Would you please follow me?”’ Sharon turned around and started skipping up the path at a brisk pace.

“Excuse me Sharon, but where are we?” the Zelda asked politely.

“You’ll know as soon as we get there. Now, come come, hurry hurry, the Goddesses are waiting!”

Last edited:
T

TheSkywardSword

Yay! The long-awaited Goddess Realms has finally surfaced! And there's Sharon <3 :D Keep up the good work!:yes::yes::clap::clap:

vatti

The Acorn sized Magician
I was originally going to post an illustration with this chapter, but what I drew for it I didn't include in this chapter but will be in the next one. An inllustration for this one will be coming soon. Here is Chapter 2!

Chapter 2

Zelda followed Sharon on the small dirt pathway out of the lush green forest. What Zelda encountered as she stepped out of the forest amazed her. Thousands beyond thousands of rows of cottages stretched out on the rolling hills before her. Every few 100 yards there was a market, or shopping area, or park, or social building. Scattered around the buildings were many trees, and in the center of it all, was one gigantic palace made of peridot stone. It had hundreds of towers that spiraled up into the deep blue sky, and what seemed to be a base, maybe full of halls and banquet rooms, that was at the bottom. Zelda’s jaw hung open.

“Sharon, where…” she said without finishing the sentence.

“Now, now, this is not the best time. We must get to the palace before we are late! Now, get on.” she gestured to two beautiful black horses that had not been there before.

“Sharon, why didn’t they come meet us in the forest?”

“The Night Mares can’t go in there. To much light energy,” she said impatiently, “Now choose a horse and get on! Don’t tell me you don’t know how to ride?”

“Well of course I do.” Zelda said uncomfortably. She had ridden on the back of Epona while Link was steering, but that had been kind of a one-time thing. She hadn’t planned on doing it again.

She chose the most gentle looking one, though it was hard to tell, because both of the Mares were snorting and throwing their heads. She cautiously got on, and trying to remember what Link did to get Epona move, squeezed it’s belly with her legs. The horse picked up a nice steady trot, and surprisingly it was very smooth. She wasn’t bouncing at all. She remembered reading about a breed like this in one of her father’s foreign books. It was a “something something Walker” she couldn’t remember the whole name. This horse must be that breed. She easily caught up with Sharon who was about 100 feet in front of her.

“That’s funny…” Sharon said.

“What?”

“You picked the more wild one. Usually she’s bucked her rider off by now, but she really seems to like you. I brought her so I could ride her, because she gets along pretty well with me. But when you said you had ridden before…” she trailed off with a sheepish grin.

“Well that’s all right Sharon, I really like her too.” Zelda gave Sharon a warm smile.

“Oh good. Her name is Stena by the way. In ancient Hylian it means ‘Wild Fire’.”

“Wild Fire… I think it fits you perfectly,” she leaned down and patted the horse’s neck, “Now Sharon, I’d really like to know why and where I am.”

“Well…” Sharon looked torn, “okay. You’re in the realm of the Great Goddesses Din, Nayru, and Farore. From now on you’ll be living in one of these houses. I can’t really tell you much else, the Goddesses really wanted to explain it all to you.”

“Wait, they live here? Where? In one of the houses?” Zelda’s excitement made her ramble.

“No silly!” Sharon said, “They live in the palace! Now come on, I’ll race you there. Lets put those skills to the test!”

“Um, Sharon…” Zelda was about to come clean and say she had never REALLY ridden a horse before, but the little girl was already about 100 yards ahead of her, and Zelda couldn’t let that happen. She smiled, and kicked the mare into a canter.

Authors Note:I think Sharon reminds me of the white rabbit from alice in wonderland. YOUR LATE FOR TEA!!! haha :D

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Very good, very well written, hardly any typos, in fact, I doubt I saw one. Short is the way I like chapters, I hate seeing an endless like post, they frighten me. :P Anyway, good story so far, Vatz, keep it up, and don't worry about the forum, if you can't join it I totally understand.

vatti

The Acorn sized Magician
Hey guys sorry I haven't been on lately. I'll probably have a new chapter posted when my winter break starts, which is in a few weeks. I'm glad that you all like it and I'm glad for all of the good feedback!:)

vatti

The Acorn sized Magician
VERY short chapter. Not much to put in it... Link is intro'd though! enjoy!

Chapter 3

Link walked down the forested path that led to the castle whistling a cheery tune. Zelda had told him to meet him at the castle today so he could give her riding lessons on Epona, and Link was really looking forward to that. Though Zelda was a few years older than him, they got along quite well, and treated each other like loving siblings. Well, until now. Link had just recently taken an interest in the subject of women. His friend had once remarked that Zelda had very pretty legs. Since this was before Links interest in women had hit him, he punched his friend in the gut. Now as he walked down the path he remarked,

“She does have very nice legs, doesn’t she?”

He smiled as he thought about what they would look like as she rode Epona today. He had never really paid attention to them before, and was interested to look at them. He saw the castle ahead of him, and picked up his pace. As he got closer, he noticed that all of the windows had black curtains drawn over them.

“That’s strange…” he remarked, “one of the older servants must have passed on. I’ll pick some flowers to cheer Zelda up.” He stopped and picked an array of flowers that he thought looked pretty, and sped up to the castle. When he got to the door he knocked. A servant clothed in black opened the door.

“Yes?” the servant asked with a gloomy expression upon her face.

“I’m here to give Princess Zelda her riding lessons.” Link said in a cheery tone, “Do you know when she will be ready?” The servants expression was shocked.

“You mean you haven’t heard? I…I… I’ll take you to see her advisor. Please follow me.” The servant hurried down the many corridors to the throne room, where Zelda’s advisor, Morgan, was sitting on the right side of the empty throne. He looked up as Link entered with a sad and weary expression.

“Morgan,” Link said, “where is Zelda? The servant seemed worried when I told her I had come to give Zelda riding lessons. Is she sick?” Morgan looked as shocked as the servant who answered the door did.

“Link, I have something horrible to tell you. I… I…” he bent his head down and his whole body shook with silent sobs of despair.

“What is it Morgan? Tell me!” Link said in an urgent manner. Morgan pulled himself together and sighed.

“Link, Zelda is dead.”

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Zelda is what? Dead? Did I read dead? No, that cant be! Zelda can't be dead. TT

Anyway, cant wait to see what will happen. (If not for Din, I wouldn't have noticed that you updated, Vatti) :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom