• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art The God Wars Series Sign Up Thread

Pen

The game is on!
Name:
Pätteri Knutssen

26-ish (or whatever the equivalent of 26-ish is in elf years)

Appearance:
Quite pale skin and dark brown/black hair pulled back but still with some volume in it. He's got two pretty rough sideburns with the same colour as the hair on his head. He is fairly tall, but not extremely muscular. He has dark green eyes, pretty sharp cheekbones and he's got pointed ears, because of him being half elf. His voice is deep, soft and calm.

Backstory:
Pätteri is a demigod, the son of the Norse god of poetry and music, Bragi. However, he has never met his father. His mother is an elf and has been working in the crew of a Viking ship almost all of her life, and because of this Pätteri has grown up with her out at sea. When Pätteri was a little kid some sort of prophesy somehow arose saying that Pätteri, being the son of Bragi, would become one of the greatest heroes this world has ever seen. He always just looked back at that prophesy as nonsense though. When he was older (around 20 years old) his mother was killed by the captain of a Vanir ship, and Pätteri left the ship on which he had grown up behind him and set out for revenge. While his quest is first of all for revenge on the man who killed his mother, he is also out searching for his father, Bragi, who he has never met before. He travels all alone over both land and sea, and he carries a violin with him at all times which he plays beautifully on quite frequently.

Personality:
Pätteri is a curious and stubborn person. He is also pretty bad at socializing with other people, which is why he chose to set off on his journey all alone. He is generally bad at cooperating with others. He is both very clever and cunning, and although he rarely shouts or even raises his voice he can quite easily get angry (he just does a good job at concealing his anger as well as any other strong emotions for that matter). He can sometimes use his slyness to get the advantage, even if it might hurt somebody he knows. Being a demigod he is not immortal like a god, but his physical strength is better than that of most other mortals.

Weapons:
Dual cutlasses and a set of throwing knives.

Outfits:
He typically dresses entirely in black. He's got a pair of simple black trousers and a black jacket with some silver buttons on it as well as a turtleneck and a black hood to pull over his head if the need should arise.

Alignment:
He seems to be pretty Neutral at first glance, but he has a Good heart.

EDIT: I hope this is something useable. ^^ And I'm happily answering any questions you might have about him.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I love the character, Pendio, and of course I love all other characters that have been submitted so far. But yours caught my attention because you actually used Norse Mythology stuff for it, like Bragi, the vikings and the ship where his mother worked at before she was killed. So good job with it. :yes: Your character may appear in the first story if I can manage to edit some things before its release, but you can also help me if you add a bit of information as to how it was that his mother died and what she did on the ship as a sailor, or worker.

Moreover, lemme also mention that I doubt there will be gods, or other beings, in this story that are immortal. Every being is susceptible to death, including the Main God, whom you will get to meet right off the bat when I post the prelude that opens the entire series. Perhaps some of you already read about him when I posted DW back then and he had his talk with Odd. Remember? I think he was Locke or something. XD Anyway, I've heavily edited that prelude, so when posted, I suggest you read it again so you can see what was added, etc.

And finally, for this post, lemme remind you all that I made a group for this project a while ago. I added some new threads and some info about the characters that have been added so far. Expect more characters from my part and more content as the days keep going. I know there is a Preview Thread, but I won't be adding previews until I have started posting the story. For now, you can tweak your characters if you want to before I deem it too late. Thanks to all who have joined. I really appreciate the support. :yes:

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Alrighty, just let me know if you'd like any clarification on anything. Also, for legal purposes, I wish to express that I forfeit this character over to you to use as you see fit. ^^

Name:

Malachai Lachrimae (Please feel free to change the last name of the character.)

Male.

Appearance:

• Short, sandy blonde hair
  • Puffy, light blue eyes
  • No facial hair
  • Short in stature (150cm or so) which he uses to his advantage in battle
  • Looks younger than he is which he uses to his advantage as he is often underestimated and taken as a novice
  • Normal weight
  • Little to no visible muscle
  • Small scars adorn his face
  • One large scar running diagonally right across his body from his chest to just past his rib cage

Personality and Backstory:

Having been disenfranchised at an early age due to being captured and sold by slavers, he was ritualistically beaten and abused by his buyers.

He has grown up to be angry, bitter and distrustful of everyone he meets. He is quick to anger and often does things without any forethought leading to him regretting his actions after the fact. For those he calls 'friend', he's loyal to a fault. He's strong in battle but weak in social etiquette and likes to keep to himself as much as possible.

Due to his past, he cannot ignore any injustices he comes across and has a soft spot for people who are being tyrannised.

Weapons:

• A Seax, which he stole from the man who had bought him as a slave when he was a young boy.
  • A quarterstaff which doubles as a crutch for walking.
  • He is also an adept user of fjölkyngi (magic) having self-taught himself as a way to escape from his abusers.

Outfits:

Everyday Wear: A long sleeve black tunic cinched with a dark red belt around the waist, covered with a light grey cloak for warmth.

Battle Wear: ? ((I have very little knowledge on this subject. If I have not edited anything in by the cut-off date, assume he doesn't wear anything different or feel free to make something up.))

Other:

The colour in his eyes fades to grey when he performs magic as the magic he uses expends his own life's energy and, as such, is only used in dire situations.

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
I love the character, Pendio, and of course I love all other characters that have been submitted so far. But yours caught my attention because you actually used Norse Mythology stuff for it, like Bragi, the vikings and the ship where his mother worked at before she was killed. So good job with it. :yes: Your character may appear in the first story if I can manage to edit some things before its release, but you can also help me if you add a bit of information as to how it was that his mother died and what she did on the ship as a sailor, or worker.

Cool! :cool: I'm glad you like'd it! And yeah, I wrote at the end of his "Personality" part that gods were immortal, well, you can just go ahead and scrap that bit so it can fit with your story. ^^

As for Pätteri's mother (I'll leave her name up to you for now but if you want I could probably come up with a name for her myself), aboard the Elf Viking ship where she worked she was the member of the crew who worked the closest to the captain. She had started working on the ship as a simple rower when she was just a teenager, but soon she became the captain's adviser and closest crew member. One day when Pätteri was about 20 years of age they were ambushed by a Vanir/Jotun ship (you can decide which beings would fit better with the story). During the sea battle their ship was boarded by the bad guys and everyone fought well. In the end, however, the Vanir/Jotun captain managed to grab Pätteri's mother and held a knife to her throat. By doing this he got everybody's attention, as he was now holding one of the ship's most valuable crew members hostage. He said that if they just let his crew take all of their good cargo over to his ship he would spare her life, and they could part without any unnecessary deaths. The captain of Pätteri's ship agreed to this, but once the cargo had been transported over to the bad guys' ship the Vanir/Jotun captain slit Pätteri's mother's throat anyway and then swiftly disappeared with his own ship. Only a couple of days after this event Pätteri left his home (the Viking ship) in search for revenge.

Also, I'd like to add that Pätteri is pretty good at stealth.

If you'd like I could just edit all of this into my original character sheet for you, so it's all n one place. :zelda:

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I really liked your character as well, Mamano101, thanks for joining. ^^

@Pendio How does Brujilda or Bruhilda sound? lol. If you don't come up with a name for her, that one is probably staying. As to which races fits better for the story during their warring at sea, I have to go with the Vanir instead of the giants, as I have planned not to include a sea for Musphelheim and/or Jotunheimr, but surely there are seas in the realm of Vanaheimr. Hope that works for your character.

Pen

The game is on!
@Pendio How does Brujilda or Bruhilda sound? lol. If you don't come up with a name for her, that one is probably staying. As to which races fits better for the story during their warring at sea, I have to go with the Vanir instead of the giants, as I have planned not to include a sea for Musphelheim and/or Jotunheimr, but surely there are seas in the realm of Vanaheimr. Hope that works for your character.

I think both names sound very good! If I'd pick one of them I'd probably choose Bruhilda because it sounds a bit more nordic than the other one. Though ultimately the choice is up to you. ^^ And yeah, the Vanir will be great. :nod:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I think both names sound very good! If I'd pick one of them I'd probably choose Bruhilda because it sounds a bit more nordic than the other one. Though ultimately the choice is up to you. ^^ And yeah, the Vanir will be great. :nod:

Ok, so you are okay with Bruhilda then? If so, cool. I really liked that name, that is why I chose it for her, because it sounded Nordic enough to fit her, like a splendid new dress. Ok, anything else you wanna add just do so in your character profile but do let me know so I become aware of it, otherwise, I might not see it and not include it when I write about your character.

Drahsid

~Deku Drahsid~ | The Hero
Drahsid
Who Cares?
Male
Hurm.... Samthing godly heroic?
Pshh, you know me.
Any badazz sword will do
Isn't this the same as appearence? bah, whatever. Samthing saxy

Other?
Hmm...
N7fjTrS.jpg

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Alright. Well I've collected the info from all submitted characters. And in case you are not aware of it, I am taking my leave from this place soon, perhaps in a few days. I will not be returning, ever, just so you lose all hope of that. My time here has come to an end. But the GWS project is still on, so don't think I have given up on things, I am just starting anew somewhere else. No, it's not serebii, in case you think that's where I will be hanging out and posting my stories. I only go there to trade pokemon stuffz. I can't tell you where it is that I will be going because you don't need to know. What I will do, however, for the time being, is open an old forum of mine that I closed a few years back, could have been a year or two when I did that. Before I take my leave, I will surely pm the link to it to all of you peeps who signed up, and only so you can follow the project if you really mean to. I will use that forum merely for that purpose until I can build my story site from the ground up. Please, do not give out the link to anyone else, or I will surely ban you if I find out that you did. Trust me, I will know. I only want those of you who signed up for this project there. I am giving you the chance to follow it.

Right now, in the days ahead, after I take my leave from ZD, I will find myself extremely busy and unable to contact you guys/gals. But I will surely show up at the forum I've told you about when I've left these busy times behind. If you have any questions about the project, please pm me since I no longer accept Vms. ~Archangel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom