• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art The God Wars Series Sign Up Thread

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
So, as promised, here is the thread for those of you who wish to join. Just create a character and we'll see if it's accepted or not. It's not that I want to sound rude or sound like a damn jackass by not accepting characters, it's just that it has to be a heavily oriented fantasy-like character. If you do that, then you'll be fine. :nod: There are many roles available for the taking, but I am not gonna tell you which ones are opened. You can create god characters, evil characters, humans, etc. If I have something to say regarding your character, I will surely let you know, so just go nuts with it.

By the way...none of the past submitted characters count for this one. If you signed up for the previous one with your user name or some other character, you gotta do it again. I'm sorry, but it's the way it goes. I just wanna be sure that I have your consent/permission. (I am done throwing people in by default; only Magatha bypasses this rule)

Name
Appearance
Personality
Weapons
Outfits
Other

Last edited by a moderator:

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
OK, no sign-up sheet, so I'll just make one up.

Name: Luke O'Hare

Appearance: This:
iPod pics K 421.jpg

Personality: Very young and naieve, sweet and kind as a puppy dog. He cares about everyone he meets, even if they hate him in return. Very emotional, quick to cry if someone is mean to him. But he's even quicker to forgive, and will do anything for his friends. Anything. Literally anything. He's the most loyal little thing you will ever meet. But he can also be a little... out there. He'll sometimes just completely space out, or say or do random things with no meaning to them. He's a little nutters in the head, but that doesn't take away from his kind, innocent soul.
Though, if he's ever given a weapon... All that will go away. He'll become a calm, serious warrior, ready to fight whatever he has to to protect the people he cares about. The warrior goes away when the weapon does, though, and the puppy will return.

Backstory: His mother was a very sickly woman. Having a baby only made her sicker. She died when Luke was young, just young enough to remember her, and left him with his father. His father was... not a nice man. He was abusive, and a drunk, and treated Luke wrongly in every way imaginable. Verbally, physically, neglectfully. Luke's poor head became so sensitive from all the beatings he got, that he pretty much shuts down every time someone even touches his hair. Petting his head will make him act like a literal puppy, nuzzling into the petting hand and making cute little puppy noises.
But one day, enough became enough. It was a full moon, and Luke had been treated even worse than usual. He'd never been able to get control of his wolf form, and it always got him and his dad in trouble. His dad had had enough, and made more threats than ever. Well, it seemed Luke remembered something after this transformation, because he killed the man as soon as he turned wolf. A very confused and heartbroken Luke was banished from his tribe the very next morning.
What happens after that, is up to you.
Weapon of Choice: Katana, or any kind of thin-bladed sword.
Other: I'm not sure. He speaks in a very relaxed and almost baby-talk-ish dialect, and he loves to cook. Anything else you're wondering, just ask me.

Hope this helps, and hope he ends up useful to you!

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I thank you kindly, TatlTails. Haha, you've given me Luke to use several times and I've yet to deliver a completed story with him and many other characters. I feel bad, but these are new times and I am not looking down or lowering my head because of the past. **** the past, the stories I attempted back then failed for a reason and this is a new era for me. I will finish this series not only for you, but for many other people that once put their trust in me. I'd name a few, but no point in doing that. If they read this and they submitted characters in the past and I never delivered, you know it's you. XD

But like I said, I will complete this series because I've had it in the dark long enough. Surely I can guarantee that once finished in its entirety, it will be the best story I have ever written. Anyway, I created the Group for the series where you can follow through updates, previews, character bios, story postings, etc. Like it says in the Group info, you cannot join yet because I have to post some stuff and organize things. I will pm some of you (those who show interest) when I have the group ready. ;)

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Name: Dechlin Kin (Name can be changed or given a nickname, or can go by last name)

Physical Appearance: He has a gentle face, with pronounced features (cheekbones, jawline, etc.). His hair is wavy and blonde, and his eyes are dark brown. He is broad-shouldered, with a short torso. His legs are long, though, making him slightly taller than an average person. He typically dresses in platemail.

Personality: He is very protective of those he must. He defends the weak and the true, and values others' lives over his own. He is always wary of potential threats, sometimes too wary. He is a serious person, but does enjoy hearing a humorous joke every now and then. Oh, he is also very pious

Bio: He grew up in a small village until a band of mercenaries (a noble group) passed through when he was a teenager. He joined them and was trained in the art of combat with sword and shield. After a few years of traveling with them, Dechlin left to be on his own. After that, he became a knight and whatever else you want done with him.

Weapons: One-handed sword and shield.

Sorry for the basicness of him. I wanted to keep it simple enough for you to be able to make any changes to him if you'd like.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
No, he looks awesome, even if you think that's basic. You actually provided quite good info. Feel free to add more or change stuff whenever you want, so long as he isn't introduced; but do let me know somehow so I can be aware of the changes. Also, I like the back story you provided, and I surely know his role now. I can assure you that you won't be reading anything on him until book 2. So, when the posting starts, I hope you can be patient for his epic appearance. :P

Well, all that was stopping me from advancing the story a bit was your submission, but now that I have it, I can surely get things done. You will see the story soon enough, but not tonight nor tomorrow. I will simply post it randomly one of these upcoming days. Thank you, and thank you all others who submitted. I won't let you down. ~Archangel

Edited: I added a character sign up sheet in case you peeps need to know what you need to fill out. I've also decided that sign ups for this series will end this upcoming Saturday. Other peeps who have joined by pm or email are Rainy, Magatha, the_miserable, Violet. Here are some of those submissions:

Character submitted by TatlTails:

Name: Luke O'Hare

Personality: Very young and naive, sweet and kind as a puppy dog. He cares about everyone he meets, even if they hate him in return. Very emotional, quick to cry if someone is mean to him. But he's even quicker to forgive, and will do anything for his friends. Anything. Literally anything. He's the most loyal little thing you will ever meet. But he can also be a little... out there. He'll sometimes just completely space out, or say or do random things with no meaning to them. He's a little nutters in the head, but that doesn't take away from his kind, innocent soul. Though, if he's ever given a weapon... All that will go away. He'll become a calm, serious warrior, ready to fight whatever he has to to protect the people he cares about. The warrior goes away when the weapon does, though, and the puppy will return.

Backstory: His mother was a very sickly woman. Having a baby only made her sicker. She died when Luke was young, just young enough to remember her, and left him with his father. His father was... not a nice man. He was abusive, and a drunk, and treated Luke wrongly in every way imaginable. Verbally, physically, neglectfully. Luke's poor head became so sensitive from all the beatings he got, that he pretty much shuts down every time someone even touches his hair. Petting his head will make him act like a literal puppy, nuzzling into the petting hand and making cute little puppy noises. But one day, enough became enough. It was a full moon, and Luke had been treated even worse than usual. He'd never been able to get control of his wolf form, and it always got him and his dad in trouble. His dad had had enough, and made more threats than ever. Well, it seemed Luke remembered something after this transformation, because he killed the man as soon as he turned wolf. A very confused and heartbroken Luke was banished from his tribe the very next morning. What happens after that, is up to you.

Weapon of Choice: Katana, or any kind of thin-bladed sword.

Other: I'm not sure. He speaks in a very relaxed and almost baby-talk-ish dialect, and he loves to cook. Anything else you're wondering, just ask me.

-----

Character submitted by Raindrop14:

Name: Abigale Connor

Appearance: Long dark brown hair to just below shoulder blades and brown eyes. Long brown pants, brown long sleeved shirt and brown boots.

Race: Human

Personality: Nice, kind and loyal to her friends

Weapons/Items: Bow and arrows

Other: N/A

-----

Character submitted by Magatha:

Name Magatha MacIntyre

Race: Human

Appearance: golden blonde hair tied back, green eyes

Height: 5’7”

Weight: 140lbs.

Outfit(s): She has a single pretty green dress for one outfit and something more practical for everyday activities.

Weapons: a celtic spearhead(I am a bit obsessed with Irish stuff right now... Basically it's a dagger with a hollow handle so you can put it on a walking stick to make a spear.) A normal dagger as well.

Items: A walking stick(to go with the spearhead)

Other: She is a poor orphan, so she doesn’t own much, but has learned to defend herself over the years.

Ooh, I got a PM? :O Either I've completely forgotten everything or I'm popular! I'm really curious to see what happens, and for once, I'd be honored to have a Tispian featured in a story not my own. I do have a quick question, though--can one user submit more than one, for you to either choose one of the two or use both? Asking in the public thread just in case anyone else is wondering the same.

Pen

The game is on!
I'm loving this theme, or at least what I know about it at this point! :P Being Scandinavian myself I think it'd be super fun to make up a character for this (with it being based partly on Norse mythology). Right now I'm too tired to write something decent though, so I'll post my "submission" here as soon as I can tomorrow. ^^

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Ooh, I got a PM? :O Either I've completely forgotten everything or I'm popular! I'm really curious to see what happens, and for once, I'd be honored to have a Tispian featured in a story not my own. I do have a quick question, though--can one user submit more than one, for you to either choose one of the two or use both? Asking in the public thread just in case anyone else is wondering the same.

Two characters will be okay with me, three is still alright but already getting to that out of bounce line. :P But you're good, go ahead and submit them.

And, I have to apologize to all of you who got the invitation, haha. I forgot to add the character sheet. :P Oh well, you can just use the one in the first post in this thread. I am really sorry about that. Lastly, there are many roles available that I forgot to talk about, such as god roles, human roles, etc. If you feel like you want to be something big but have no idea if it is possible, talk to me about it. Thank you all, btw. :yes:

--edit--Ok, Pendio. That works. :nod:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Name:
Rashad Clop

Appearance:
African American.
Rather small (4ft 3)
Skinny
Red hair - dreadlocks (kind of like Ganon)
Lots of scars
Very large eyes - white pupils
Normal nose
Abnormally large hands and feet

Personality:
Very angry all the time. Quite uneducated. Very confused and mislead in life. Evil. Disturbing. Tends to speak in slurs.

Weapons:
Mainly his claws and teeth. Has a range of small knives.

Outfits:
Wears the remains of the victims he kills (mostly hamster fur).

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Got the PM, this character hasn't seen the light of day yet.

Name: Emiya Rex
Appearance: Huge, around 6'8, muscular, shoulder length blond hair, sapphire blue eyes, usually wears Iskandar's outfit from Fate/Zero, which looks like this: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130620094003/typemoon/images/2/2b/ZeroRider.png
Personality: Prideful, but kind, likes to make sarcastic comments.
Race: Human, but is an extremely distant descendant of Thor's, only enough to give him a life expectancy of around 120 years.
Weapons: A really freaking huge broadsword.
Other: As with most of my characters, he's a godly cook, he also plays the flute.

Name: Faeryl Zolond
Appearance: A typical drow, Faeryl has black skin and silver hair. She is short- only 4'8". She is slim with the merest hint of curves. Her eyes are large and ruby red.
Personality: A commanding priestess. She has a forceful personality to make up for her height, and is accustomed to being obeyed. As a young adult, she does not have the large family she covets, or the power. She is very determined to get what she wants and hopes to someday become the high priestess by hook or by crook.
Weapons: Magic.
Outfits: The dark robe of her order. As per the order's instructions, the robe is cut short and rides high along her thighs, with a plunging scoop neckline.
Other: Feel free to tweak her as you see fit, I just want an angry, determined, stubborn little drow being all evil up in here.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
All characters submitted so far are accepted. :yes:

Now, on to explain a few things about the story. Maybe after you read that piece of info you will change your mind and will want to give your character a new role, design, or keep what you have.

The series is called God Wars for a reason: you can expect mighty battles between gods, evil gods and creatures, and other beings such as monsters, etc. The whole story's main plot is the occurrence of Ragnarok, which is a mighty war/battle between the forces of good and evil. But before that comes to happen, you will surely read about how it got to that point, you will read how things developed, and why, and much much more story due to the many characters involved.

I'll just leave you all the choice to pick from the following roles/races for your character, and a side as well. Good means you'll be a good-sided character, evil means your character will be evil and on the evil side of things. Neutral means your character is neither a supporter of the gods or the evil deities and thus lives for his/her self. A neutral character can be a god, evil being, human, etc, all neutral means is that your character does not side to either good or evil. Anyway, here they are for you to examine and perhaps pick:

God/Goddess: Your character will be a god and thus fighting for what's good. Where I place you within the story is up to me, but you will definitely be a god/goddess. Good and Neutral.

Evil deity: A god-like being turned evil since the dawn of time or recent, change is always possible. Evil and Neutral.

Aesir: A lesser being (like an angel) that resides in the heavenly realm. Good.

Vanir: Once part of the Aesir, but turned traitor and thus on the evil side of things. Evil.

Jotun: A frost giant from the world of Muspelheim. Evil, Neutral. There are fire giants as well.

Demon: Creatures created by the Disobedient Child. There are around fifty variety of demons for this story. Evil, Neutral, rarely Good but I will allow the choice as well since often you read about evil characters turning good. You can be a demon lord (evil deity), there are actually a few roles available.

Human: A being of flesh and blood living in Midgard, the land of mortals. Good, Evil, and Neutral. Humans are considered the lesser of all beings.

Other minority races: Beings residing in Midgard. Good, Evil, Neutral. (Other races for this story include: Elves (long-eared intelligent folk), Lycan (wolf race), Drow (dark elves), Felinum (catfolk), Dragir (dragon folk), Harpies, Dharves, Fairies, Sea Imps, Sprites (bigger in size than Fairies), Lizzarks (lizard race). ((These are just the races you can choose from if you wish to, I didn't mention monster races because those will be many.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom