• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Girl Monkey in TP=Saria

WechyPichu

is hiding behind 7 froxie
Well, heres my theory:
In TP, there is a monkey that helps you through the Forest Temple, and seeing how our friend Saria is a Kokiri, and she lives forever, could possibly be that monkey! Now, if your saying "She cant be! She is a sage!" Well, yes, she is, but.... since the sages tried sealing Gannondorf in the Twilight Realm, and almost failed, and killed Princess Ruto in retaliation, the sages might retreat to normal life till the seal is broken. I cant explain WHY Saria could be a monkey, but maybe it is because of the twilight, or maybe the Kokiri can transform, but, thats my theroy. Thanks!
~WechyPichu

I highly doubt Saria is the monkey that helps you through the Forest Temple. I forget the details of that dungeon now but are you perchance referring to the mini boss, Ook? If so, that is definitely not Saria... Sorry, I'm not really seeing the whole Kokiri-monkey connection.

everyone can have their own opinions, but come on

at least its not as bad as when Zelda Informer tried saying Link was a tree which is why he can live through all the games. "completely forgetting its a different link in every game"

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Gotta get one thing straight first: Saria and Ruto are sages on the AT. We don't know what happened to them on the CT, and the sages in TP are presumed to be the ancient sages from before OoT's set.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
since the sages tried sealing Gannondorf in the Twilight Realm, and almost failed, and killed Princess Ruto in retaliation

How do you know that it was ruto who was killed? All the sages looked the same to me o_0. Also, I am very against the whole "Kokiri become monkeys" idea. If I did believe in that, I think you would be right.

WechyPichu

is hiding behind 7 froxie
How do you know that it was ruto who was killed? All the sages looked the same to me o_0. Also, I am very against the whole "Kokiri become monkeys" idea. If I did believe in that, I think you would be right.

Ruto was killed when they tried to seal Gannondorf in the Twilight Realm

I don't think so...It's just a little too far fetched. I mean, why a monkey? And if Kokiri could transform, why didn't we see it before?
They don't really exist as a race in TP, anyway...
It's an interesting theory, but I don't think it makes much sense...

I don't see why Ruto would become a monkey. Personally, I think the Ordon and Faron Provinces lead to Termina (to the West), and that the monkeys here are the same type of monkeys that we see in the Southern Swamp in Majora's Mask.

everyone can have their own opinions, but come on

at least its not as bad as when Zelda Informer tried saying Link was a tree which is why he can live through all the games. "completely forgetting its a different link in every game"

Um, you do know that article was a joke, right?

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
[...] the sages in TP are presumed to be the ancient sages from before OoT's set.

Since when were there sages before OoT? I've never seen any proof that this is true. If there were sages before OoT, don't you think they'd be mentioned somewhere in that game? I could be wrong. We all know how ambiguous the continuity of the series is.

Ruto is only a sage in the adult timeline, please, these are different sages

Why can't they be the same? You put your opinion forth like his is an obvious mistake. I think it's a pretty fair assumption, and if you can't produce any evidence otherwise I'd say the two contentions are just as likely as one another.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Since when were there sages before OoT? I've never seen any proof that this is true. If there were sages before OoT, don't you think they'd be mentioned somewhere in that game? I could be wrong. We all know how ambiguous the continuity of the series is.
"I am Rauru, one of the ancient
Sages...
Ages ago, we ancient Sages
built the Temple of Time to
protect the entrance to the
Sacred Realm..."

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Ruto was killed when they tried to seal Gannondorf in the Twilight Realm

No she wasn't. In the Child Timeline, Ruto was not awakened as a sage. None of the sages from Ocarina of Time are sages in Twilight Princess.

seeing how our friend Saria is a Kokiri, and she lives forever

When does it say the Kokiri live forever? I know they don't age but I never saw that as meaning they were immortal. Is there a quote or something in Hyrule Historia maybe?

I don't think Saria became a monkey. In the Child Timeline she isn't a sage and so isn't any more special than the other Kokiri and it just seems farfetched with no evidence to support it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom