• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Generally Accepted Timeline Theories

Which Timeline Do You Believe?

• Timeline A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timeline B

• Timeline C

• Other

• I do not believe there is a timeline

• Total voters
Hope this helps.

It does, thank you :)

Timeline C
............/WW/PH--FS/FSA--ALttP/LA--OoX--LoZ/AoL
MC--OoT
............\MM--TP

I'd say that this timeline and mine are variations of the same. The only difference I see there is TMC, which I place between TWW/PH and FS/FSA.

As I know this debate goes on and on for days everywhere, so I'll just post the reasons I believe TMC is placed in that position. But, before I post those reasons, I would like to ad a small disclaimer here:

I know I did this is the past alredy, but now I do not and will never consider cameos (the three oracles in TMC, for example), easter eggs (the hidden text reading "Triumph Forks" written in the books in TMC, for example) or non-important designs (background images, for example) as valid timeline indicators. Also, I do not consider that hypothetical intent indicators that have never been confirmed (i.e. TMC Link having to be the first because it was the first time a hero got a hat) valid unless those are proven to have been added by the developers.

Now, with that said, I have to add that, even disconsidering all those itens, there are still some (at least 2) valid storyline indicators. I'll mention the two I can think of for helping placing TMC after TWW:

1. The language:

In TMC, we see the modern hylian syllabary everywhere in the game. This is a case we had only seen in TWW so far. I mean, from the three possible positions TMC is normally said to be able to take in the timeline -
.............../-TWW/PH-(TMC)
(TMC)-OoT
...............\MM-TP-(TMC)
-, we know that, if it came before OoT or after TP, the writing system used should have been the old hylian syllabary or the hylian alphabet, respectively.

I know that many people argue that this is not important, as the language is not important to the series at all, and some even argue that the script used is simply an easter egg or a cameo. But let's annalyse facts:

First, it can't be an easter egg. An easter egg is a hidden reference to another story (from another game/movie/book/etc) in the game. The syllabary was shown everywhere in the game, including in many parts you have to pass in order to finish the game. So, its presence is canon, as much as it can be.

A cameo, on the other hand, is a reference to another story that is not hidden, but actually exposed (sometimes, even in the main quest of the game, meaning you will have to see the cameo to finish the game). Arguing that the language is a cameo to TWW could be the case, of course, but only if there was no storyline related to the use of the said language, which is not the case at all. Though we don't know exactly why it was changed, we know that the language (and the writing system, obviously) was changed at some point between OoT and TWW. TWW mentions the language has died and only very few people can speak it. LttP also mentions that the ancient language of the Hylia (implied to have been used during the SW, which, in my timeline, is OoT) is no longer used (btw, the fact that only LttP and TWW have an old language dying as part of their storylines serves as evidence that LttP has always been supposed to come after TWW). So, there is too much storyline involved to the language to just disconsider it as non-important, as many people claim for it to be.

2. The lack of the word "Hylian":

As we all know, the Hylia (or the Hylians, sometimes) are a tribe of humans (hylians are humans, as proven in TP) that inhabited the plains of Hyrule, aka "Hyrule Field" (this is written i the hylian text in the introduction of TWW), in the pre-flooded Hyrule and in the CT. In OoT, members of that tribe are called hylians all the time. In TP, though Link is referred to as human several times, the word hylian is also used several times during the game. Now, an interesting fact is that TMC does not use the word "hylian" any time during the events of the game. This is a good connection to another zelda game: LttP. If you remember well, in LttP, we hear that the Hylia are an extinct people. Some characters (like Link and Zelda, for example) descend from the hylians, but it is stated as a fact that, by the time of LttP, the hylian tribe is no longer. LttP only refers to the inhabitants of Hyrule as "Hyrulians" (sometimes referred to as "Hyruleans"), or "Humans", just as the people are referred to in TMC.

So, we have TMC coming between OoT and LttP, as the hylians cease to exist as a tribe before LttP and are depicted as such in TMC. But what does that have to do with TWW? Pretty simple, TWW gives us a reason to why the Hylians are no longer a tribe: the flood. The Great Flood dispersed the hylian people. They spread all over the Great Sea and colonized several islands, maybe even breeding with other human tribes to create even new populations. So they are no longer one single tribe, though they are still ethnic hylians (they are still referred to as "Hylians" in TWW). I can give several RL examples to elp people understand what I mean here. For example, most Germans descend from Prussians, but they are not Prussians, as the Kingdom of Prussia no longer exists (not even as a part of Germany, as Prussia used to be located where Poland is now). Another good example is that, even though many Lebanese people have phoenician blood in their veins, they are not phoenician, as that people is considered extinc (again, as a tribe/nation, not as an ancestral ethnicity) now. It is the same case in LttP, some Hyrulians (like Link, Zelda etc.) have hylian ancestry, but are not hylians, as the old hylian tribe spread and merged with other human populations, as shown in TWW (I'd even go as far as saying that the new "Hyrulian" people, from LttP and TMC, are actually one of the new tribes formed by the mixture of the hylians with other native populations, like the Wind Tribe, for example). In TMC, we see that the Hylians are no longer a human tribe. Therefore it should come between TWW and LttP.

Now, with the two reasons I gave (the language and the tribe), I have to say that TMC is one of the three games (the other 2 being FS and FSA, which, together with TMC form the FS subseries or FS saga, abbreviated FSS) that serves as bridges (or as one single bridge) connecting TWW to LttP. Another interesting case for bridge games is OoX, which serves as a perfect bridge between LttP/LA and LoZ/AoL, but this is a different annalysis, so I'll leave it for another time. So, for the reasons I cited above, the timeline I follow has TMC after TWW/PH and goes as follows:
...../-TWW/PH-FSS-LttP/LA-OoX-LoZ/AoL
OoT
.....\MM-TP

I know I did this is the past alredy, but now I do not and will never consider cameos (the three oracles in TMC, for example), easter eggs (the hidden text reading "Triumph Forks" written in the books in TMC, for example) or non-important designs (background images, for example) as valid timeline indicators. Also, I do not consider that hypothetical intent indicators that have never been confirmed (i.e. TMC Link having to be the first because it was the first time a hero got a hat) valid unless those are proven to have been added by the developers.

I pretty much agree. Even though I go with Timeline A, even if I went with C I would want to put MC--FS/FSA, just because it is its own little saga amongst the rest of everything else. To me it shows that no matter which timeline you choose, the Four Swords games act as a unit. They really don't have any important plot elements to them that have to make anything come in between them.

2. The lack of the word "Hylian":
Just want to note here that LttP directly states that the Hyrule of LttP was the land inhabited by the Hylians. So the lack of Hylians in other games isn't really proof because the old Hylians were in Hyrule, anyway.
Also, I do not consider that hypothetical intent indicators that have never been confirmed (i.e. TMC Link having to be the first because it was the first time a hero got a hat) valid unless those are proven to have been added by the developers.
Bill Trinen says "Hi"

Just because intent is partially hypothetical doesn't mean it isn't intent. Remember, this is about finding the intended timeline, not the easter egg/random evidence and loopholes timeline.

----TWW/PH
OoT
----MM-TP-FS/FSA-LttP-LoZ/AoL-OoX

That timeline is the best CT timeline I've seen. Even though it has its problems (the Triforce between TP and LttP) the AT has those problems, too (the Triforce between TWW and what ever game goes after that in an AT timeline). But it doesn't have other problems of the AT timeline (The MS drowning forever with Hyrule, Daphnes' speech saying that the new land won't be Hyrule, the absolute impossibility that the new Hyrule is identical to the old Hyrule in both names and traditions; which is something that Link and Tetra couldn't have ever found out, the hoops that have to be jumped through to make OoT as the Seal War are really unecesary (sp?) just so the timeline has 2 pieces of proof).

While having 2 of its own problems which, imo, don't mean anything (FSA being an island which was either 1) retconned by TMC, or 2) Because FSA beta was clearly meant to take place on the CT before and was an island during the beta then FSA still being an island is like that for nothing more than artistic reasons. And the type of text used in a made-up language in TMC (which appeared in OoT is a few spots, as well. So if TMC is first it really doesn't matter at all) which I think is just because it was the most recently used text so they were just being lazy.)

Just want to note here that LttP directly states that the Hyrule of LttP was the land inhabited by the Hylians. So the lack of Hylians in other games isn't really proof because the old Hylians were in Hyrule, anyway.

That made no sense :S Or at least i didn't get your point.

LttP clearly states that the words 'Hyrule' and 'Hylia' have the same common root. It never says anything about Hyrule being the land inhabited by Hylians. Just that the nation name was based on the name of the hylian tribe.

And it is stated in the game that the Hylia are extinct so...

Bill Trinen says "Hi"

I'm pretty sure I said developer...

Just because intent is partially hypothetical doesn't mean it isn't intent. Remember, this is about finding the intended timeline, not the easter egg/random evidence and loopholes timeline.

There is no such thing as partially hypothetical :P
There is nothing about the hat saying that no other similar hat had been used before. And in the interviews that came after TMC no developer has ever stated that the hat was added to show that TMC is first.

----TWW/PH
OoT
----MM-TP-FS/FSA-LttP-LoZ/AoL-OoX

Where is TMC? And LA?

That timeline is the best CT timeline I've seen. Even though it has its problems (the Triforce between TP and LttP) the AT has those problems, too (the Triforce between TWW and what ever game goes after that in an AT timeline).

But it doesn't have other problems of the AT timeline (The MS drowning forever with Hyrule,

I agree there, even though I don't think the MS is important to the storyline at all. We just know that it was there for OoT-TWW and it was also there for LttP.

Daphnes' speech saying that the new land won't be Hyrule,

You are taking that out of context the same way people do with the "MS sleeps forever" quote from LttP. It was just a symbolic speech. He meant that no new land would be like the old one. My dog could die (and god forbids it happens so soon) and I could replace it with another dog. I can even get one from the very same breed and put the same name. It doesn't matter what I do, it won't be the same dog. No new land was going to be the same after Hyrule had been destroyed.

the absolute impossibility that the new Hyrule is identical to the old Hyrule in both names and traditions;

Identical? Where did you get that from?

Let's annalyse:

Hyrule is a confederacy of several tribes (Hylians, Gorons, Zoras, Gerudo, Sheikah, Kokiri) in OoT
Hyrule is a centralized kingom composed of a single human nation in LttP

The largest population of Hyrule in OoT are the Hylians, or the tribe that lived in the plains.
In LttP, the Hylians are long extinct and the human population of Hyrule are called just Hyruleans.

In OoT, the language of Hyrule is the (old) Hylian language.
In LttP, the ancient language of the Hylia is said to be dead for a long time, and a new one have arisen.

Except for the name and geography, the two states are completely different.

And the same name means nothing. If new hyrule was, in fact, started by Tetra, it could have easily been named after the Royal Family (we know that their last name is "Hyrule" from either TMC or TWW - don't remember which of them :P)...

which is something that Link and Tetra couldn't have ever found out,

Find? They founded the new land. They didn't have to discover and colonize it...

the hoops that have to be jumped through to make OoT as the Seal War are really unecesary (sp?) just so the timeline has 2 pieces of proof).

OoT has been confirmed to be the SW. That's intent. The hat isn't :P

While having 2 of its own problems which, imo, don't mean anything (FSA being an island which was either 1) retconned by TMC, or 2) Because FSA beta was clearly meant to take place on the CT before and was an island during the beta then FSA still being an island is like that for nothing more than artistic reasons.

So, an island-based nation in a timeline that actually has the formation of an ocean as an important part of the plot of the story is not good enough to show intent but a hat that has no connections to the storyline of the game is?

And the type of text used in a made-up language in TMC (which appeared in OoT is a few spots, as well. So if TMC is first it really doesn't matter at all)

Did you read what I said? The few examples of text seen in written with that writing system in OoT and TP are an easter egg and a cameo, respectively. They should be disconsidered.

which I think is just because it was the most recently used text so they were just being lazy.)

Could be he case, if there wasn't an actual plot device connecting LttP to OoT-TWW through the language...

I only have time right now to respond to one thing but I'll be back...
LttP clearly states that the words 'Hyrule' and 'Hylia' have the same common root. It never says anything about Hyrule being the land inhabited by Hylians. Just that the nation name was based on the name of the hylian tribe.

And it is stated in the game that the Hylia are extinct so...
ORLY?
LttP Japanese retranslation said:
Long before now, a people called the Hylians prospered in this land...
There is nothing about the hat saying that no other similar hat had been used before. And in the interviews that came after TMC no developer has ever stated that the hat was added to show that TMC is first.
No developer. But Bill Trinen thought it note-worthy to say. It isn't something that just fans have thought of. It's a very symbolic scene, anyway.
Where is TMC? And LA?
Unplaced. Leaning towards TMC being first and LA is completely neutral.
You are taking that out of context the same way people do with the "MS sleeps forever" quote from LttP. It was just a symbolic speech. He meant that no new land would be like the old one. My dog could die (and god forbids it happens so soon) and I could replace it with another dog. I can even get one from the very same breed and put the same name. It doesn't matter what I do, it won't be the same dog. No new land was going to be the same after Hyrule had been destroyed.
But in the context of telling everyone to forget and move on from Hyrule there's only one way it's supposed to be interpretated, imo, anyway...
dentical? Where did you get that from?

Let's annalyse:

Hyrule is a confederacy of several tribes (Hylians, Gorons, Zoras, Gerudo, Sheikah, Kokiri) in OoT
Hyrule is a centralized kingom composed of a single human nation in LttP

The largest population of Hyrule in OoT are the Hylians, or the tribe that lived in the plains.
In LttP, the Hylians are long extinct and the human population of Hyrule are called just Hyruleans.

In OoT, the language of Hyrule is the (old) Hylian language.
In LttP, the ancient language of the Hylia is said to be dead for a long time, and a new one have arisen.

Except for the name and geography, the two states are completely different.

And the same name means nothing. If new hyrule was, in fact, started by Tetra, it could have easily been named after the Royal Family (we know that their last name is "Hyrule" from either TMC or TWW - don't remember which of them )...
1. Kinda, but TMC, OoX, and FSA show more races and such. LttP isn't the only one that matters.

2. LttP also says that the Hylians lived in the very same Hyrule that they are in now. And I'm pretty sure there are Hylians in OoX, but I'm not completely sure.

(I think you meant 3....) A new one have?!?!! Do you mean "has"? :P But people still know the old language and there was a book for such languages in LttP. No book existed in TWW as only deities knew the old language.

Yeah, I guess all the same names of an old land (example: Kakariko) that drowned forever in-which no one remembers makes sense.
Find? They founded the new land. They didn't have to discover and colonize it...
That's even worse as they are the only ones who had any knowledge of old Hyrule.
OoT has been confirmed to be the SW. That's intent. The hat isn't
11 years ago. Before TWW and FSA came and raped it. Now believing that OoT is the SW means you have to take EVERY SINGLE QUOTE about the sages seal and the SW completely out of context and not how they were intended to be interpreted.
So, an island-based nation in a timeline that actually has the formation of an ocean as an important part of the plot of the story is not good enough to show intent but a hat that has no connections to the storyline of the game is?
If FSA was on the CT in its beta (which it most likely was) then the ocean had NOTHING to do with the story. Also, the end of a game sending a symbolic message tends to have more emphasis than a random *** map. Combined with the ending quote saying it's the end of Link's first adventure it makes perfect sense. If you interpret the quotes in that way, anyway. It's just such an origin story it makes sense to be first.
Did you read what I said? The few examples of text seen in written with that writing system in OoT and TP are an easter egg and a cameo, respectively. They should be disconsidered.
I think all text shouldn't be considered. It has nothing to do with the storyline, at all. The developers were just lazy.
Could be he case, if there wasn't an actual plot device connecting LttP to OoT-TWW through the language...
You mean the book left by the Hylians IN THE LAND OF HYRULE WHICH IS THE SAME DAMN LAND THAT THE HYLIANS LIVED IN?

Last edited:
I only have time right now to respond to one thing but I'll be back... ORLY?

Sorry, I meant to say that there is nothing about Hyrule being called so because it is the land inhabited by hylians. My mistake :P

No developer. But Bill Trinen thought it note-worthy to say. It isn't something that just fans have thought of. It's a very symbolic scene, anyway.

Still, that was his opinion. He didn't write the story of the game...

Unplaced. Leaning towards TMC being first and LA is completely neutral.

I see. Weren't you the one who posted a link that proved LA came after LttP?

But in the context of telling everyone to forget and move on from Hyrule there's only one way it's supposed to be interpretated, imo, anyway...

But he is telling that only to Link and Zelda -.-

1. Kinda, but TMC, OoX, and FSA show more races and such. LttP isn't the only one that matters.

Well, yes. OoX isn't in Hyrule, so it doesn't really matter :P
TMC shows gorons in extinction, and everyone else is human (the picori are an exception, of course, as they are clearly not under the jurisdiction of the kingdom of Hyrule). This leads perfectly into LttP, where there are no gorons...

FSA shows two desert tribes besides the hylians only, if i'm not mistaken, and they are both human, so it's not a big problem. Anyway, they could still be there in LttP, as I doubt the desert is only that small, like, in OoT, the desert was a lot bigger too, but we could get to see only part of it...

2. LttP also says that the Hylians lived in the very same Hyrule that they are in now.

Yes, as I said, LttP comes after TWW, and there are hylians in TWW too :P

And I'm pretty sure there are Hylians in OoX, but I'm not completely sure.

Well, I don't remember that name having been mentioned there. Also, OoX is not set in Hyrule...

(I think you meant 3....)

lol
the numbers don't really matter :P but yes, i meant 3 :P

A new one have?!?!! Do you mean "has"? :P

Too much SVB day to me, sorry :P

But people still know the old language and there was a book for such languages in LttP. No book existed in TWW as only deities knew the old language.

Who knows it in LttP?
And what proof do u have that no books survived the flood?

Yeah, I guess all the same names of an old land (example: Kakariko) that drowned forever in-which no one remembers makes sense.

Okay, remember the last Aonuma interview in which he said they recycle the names, but it doesn't mean they are the same places; it is only so old players will be more familiar with the names?

Well, it applies pretty well here :P

That's even worse as they are the only ones who had any knowledge of old Hyrule.

The name of the Royal House is Hyrule. The king was called Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule. Tetra was a descendant of him, therefore her name was also Hyrule.

It makes sense that the new country founded by them had the name of one of the founder. And, actually, the name of the Royal House that ruled over it...

11 years ago. Before TWW and FSA came and raped it. Now believing that OoT is the SW means you have to take EVERY SINGLE QUOTE about the sages seal and the SW completely out of context and not how they were intended to be interpreted.

Well, yes. But that's what I call retcon. There has never been any indication from the devs that they gave up on the idea of Oot being the SW. And no game fits it better than OoT, so I still believe OoT is the war...

If FSA was on the CT in its beta (which it most likely was)

You failed to provide proof that FSA was meant to be a CT game in beta.

then the ocean had NOTHING to do with the story.

Still, we never saw any ocean or sea present in Hyrule in the games that have been confirmed to be in the CT. Why would they make an island-based game to be on the CT if the only known ocean existed only in the AT??

I mean, if they wanted an ocean in the CT, why not add one in TP? All we could see was mountains and forests to all sides...

Also, the end of a game sending a symbolic message tends to have more emphasis than a random *** map.

Yes, but not if you take the quote out of context. He wasn't forbidding Tetra and Link to found a new kingdom and name it hyrule. He was just expressing his opinion that it wouldn't be the same...

Combined with the ending quote saying it's the end of Link's first adventure it makes perfect sense.

lol
OoT is Link's first adventure.
LoZ is Link's first adventure.
LttP is Link's first adventure.
TWW was Link's first dventure.
FS was Link's first adventure.
TP was Link's first adventure.

And of course, TMC is Link's first adventure. You are just forgetting that there are multiple Links.

They added that quote for the context of THAT specific game. If they ever wanted to make a TMC sequel, it would fit pretty well. Don't take the quote out of context :P

If you interpret the quotes in that way, anyway. It's just such an origin story it makes sense to be first.

Well, then why make it completely different than how Hyrule was before OoT?

I think all text shouldn't be considered. It has nothing to do with the storyline, at all. The developers were just lazy.

Well, if it wasn't for TWW (which is a game extremely similar to TMC) and LttP having the language as part of the storyline, I would agree with you...

You mean the book left by the Hylians IN THE LAND OF HYRULE WHICH IS THE SAME DAMN LAND THAT THE HYLIANS LIVED IN?

Yes, what's the problem with that?
i think you are misunderstanding something about my theory, but i'm not sure what it is...

Sorry, I meant to say that there is nothing about Hyrule being called so because it is the land inhabited by hylians. My mistake
So how did the Hylians of OoT inhabit the Hyrule of LttP if they went extinct in TWW?
Still, that was his opinion. He didn't write the story of the game...
Sure, and I'm not inclined to believe what he says, or his translations say, about the timeline, anyway.
I see. Weren't you the one who posted a link that proved LA came after LttP?
Actually, ironically, I found that link in Impossible's timeline document. But as The Goron Moron pointed out they never update those pages and it's likely that it was made before OoX came out.
But he is telling that only to Link and Zelda
You get my point, however.
Well, yes. OoX isn't in Hyrule, so it doesn't really matter
TMC shows gorons in extinction, and everyone else is human (the picori are an exception, of course, as they are clearly not under the jurisdiction of the kingdom of Hyrule). This leads perfectly into LttP, where there are no gorons...

FSA shows two desert tribes besides the hylians only, if i'm not mistaken, and they are both human, so it's not a big problem. Anyway, they could still be there in LttP, as I doubt the desert is only that small, like, in OoT, the desert was a lot bigger too, but we could get to see only part of it...
TMC would lead perfectly into LttP... if it didn't already lead into FSA which has plenty of Gorons.
Yes, as I said, LttP comes after TWW, and there are hylians in TWW too
There may be people with Hylian blood. But how many people in TWW call themselves Hylians? Much-less how many people do you think will call themselves Hylians hundreds of years later in new Hyrule? The story already implies (I'm saying implies because some people (Lex) will say that because it doesn't OUT-RIGHT say it it doesn't matter. Even though there's no reason to believe anything else and no writer in their write (lolbadpun) mind would create so many implications that aren't actually implications and be intending for something else without giving any reason for anyone to think that.) that the knights of Hyrule lived in the existing Hyrule... it pretty much already says it as, you know, THERE'S ONLY ONE HYRULE IN THE ENTIRE GAME.... There's no god damn reason to think that they're referring to the old Hyrule when talking about the knights of Hyrule.
Well, I don't remember that name having been mentioned there. Also, OoX is not set in Hyrule...
The existence of Hylians is all that matters.
Who knows it in LttP?
And what proof do u have that no books survived the flood?
No one but a random book knows it in LttP.

Common sense. Water + paper = wet, useless, unreadable paper. Common sense > fanfic. What proof do you have that books survived the flood?
Okay, remember the last Aonuma interview in which he said they recycle the names, but it doesn't mean they are the same places; it is only so old players will be more familiar with the names?

Well, it applies pretty well here
And you know that other interview that AT people tend to throw in my face as if it matters? You know the one which mentions the places in AoL as story indicators?

You know what's interesting about TMC? They don't show Death Mountain. It's clearly the same mountain as FSA, but it isn't called Death Mountain. Isn't it odd that there'd be a Death Mountain. Then a big *** flood. Then another new important mountain. Then the same mountain being renamed Death Mountain? Isn't that just a little too far'fetched for you? Oh wait, I forgot you place games after TWW/PH :P
Yes, but not if you take the quote out of context. He wasn't forbidding Tetra and Link to found a new kingdom and name it hyrule. He was just expressing his opinion that it wouldn't be the same...
So you're saying that if we take the quote out of context it'll be what you said? Exactly. And looking at the context of the game it's clear that ISN'T what he was saying. The entire game and ending is all about forgetting, moving on, and living for the future. Daphnes clearly didn't want them to go make a brand new Hyrule.
You failed to provide proof that FSA was meant to be a CT game in beta.
Old Hylian was clearly forgotten after TWW. If FSA was on the AT the languages would make no sense what-so-ever. (And guess what? Those languages actually have a mention and aren't contextless random text that the developers made up and reused.
Well, yes. But that's what I call retcon. There has never been any indication from the devs that they gave up on the idea of Oot being the SW. And no game fits it better than OoT, so I still believe OoT is the war...
In what way does OoT actually fit? It doesn't fit at all. The developers made a really crappy Seal War. Absolutely NOTHING about the SW (especially since the GBA version) fits OoT except for the existence of 7 sages. Plus the fact that when you actually look at it the way it was meant to be looked at it's clear that it's impossible now because of TWW and FSA.
Still, we never saw any ocean or sea present in Hyrule in the games that have been confirmed to be in the CT. Why would they make an island-based game to be on the CT if the only known ocean existed only in the AT??

I mean, if they wanted an ocean in the CT, why not add one in TP? All we could see was mountains and forests to all sides...
There were oceans in AoL, which, I assume you know, came out before TWW and the flood. The existence of oceans means absolutely nothing.
lol
OoT is Link's first adventure.
LoZ is Link's first adventure.
LttP is Link's first adventure.
TWW was Link's first dventure.
FS was Link's first adventure.
TP was Link's first adventure.

And of course, TMC is Link's first adventure. You are just forgetting that there are multiple Links.
The quote is just as easily translated as the first adventure of Link. Now tell me, doesn't that sound more like it's referring to Link as a whole?
Well, then why make it completely different than how Hyrule was before OoT?
It isn't completely different. See this is where I most likely disagree with you a lot. It's way too damn similar to OoT to take place after a flood and everything about OoT being forgotten. It's different, yes, but it the naming of Mount Crenel also only makes sense with TMC as the first game.

Well, if it wasn't for TWW (which is a game extremely similar to TMC) and LttP having the language as part of the storyline, I would agree with you...
TWW doesn't really make the language as part of the story. It's just a language that old deities speak.

Now look at it this way. Which is a simpler, and therefore better, assumption: The only things we see speaking the language are old deities who lived before the flood. From this we can conclude that the language is pretty much forgotten.

Or: Even though we see that only deities who lived before the flood are speaking the language, and no one mentions the language or shows anything about it except for the old deities there are still people who know how to speak it and books which translate it into new Hylian are still made.

The former is the one that the games show. The latter makes no sense at all.
Yes, what's the problem with that?
i think you are misunderstanding something about my theory, but i'm not sure what it is...
That the only advantage of your timeline about that is that the Hylians and their language were destroyed in the flood. Which couldn't have happened because the Hylians and their language existed on LttP Hyrule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom