• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art The GCC - Skyward Sword Signatures

Who wins?

• Hero of Time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Josie

• Zelda Human

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

David

But you called me here...
Yes, I know that this is a few weeks late... but I've had 2 extremely busy and stressful weeks... But anyway, lets move on.

The tags that follow are the images created with the theme, Skyward Sword Signature tags. We had several entries, and all of them are pretty good. Feel free to take a look at them, enjoy them, and critique them. One of the main reasons we do these competitions is to improve the quality of the images that these artists create. So, lets look at the entries!

First, we've got one created by Hero of Time.
4e3e2868.jpg

Its a nice image with some very basic effects, containing both Link and Zelda and their respective birds. As for my critique, I'd suggest reading some tutorials on text placement, c4d use, and brush use. With some practice, this signature can look much better. Lets give a round of applause for Hero of Time (applause).

Second, we've got one created by Josie.
GCCSSTagSignaturesubmission.png

Its another nice image with some decent brushing effects. My critique is to start expanding your use of brushes, and do some smudging to make some really cool effects around the render. I'd also suggest learning about other fonts. The Hylian font isn't suited for signature tags. There are many other fonts that flow better. How about another round of applause? (applause)

Third, we've got one by Zelda Human.
62skywardswordsignature.png

Its another image with some pretty cool texture effects. My advice is to use a texture that fits the colors of the render more. The dark brown doesn't really compliment the colors in the render. The text looks pretty decent, but I think that it takes away too much from the focus which should always be the render. Lets congratulate Zelda Human as well! (Applause)

Congratulations to each of you! Now, everyone else, vote for your favorite!

The theme that will be due in 2 weeks will be:

Pokemon Signatures

To celebrate the inclusion of Pokemon forums, lets have a Pokemon theme this time!

Entries will be due Saturday, October 15.

Just send them into me through PM.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Hero of Time- Its a very nice Tag, but I would advise to use some brushes to make a cool background, very nice though

Josie-I have to agree with you Hommy, I recently got those and used them, I had to redo because I had to shut down my laptop, my first one was better though. For the font...I did use another one but it wasn't very good though.

ZH- Win.....its very good I wish I could do that.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Hero of Time -- Kind of a big tag. The idea's great, but I would suggest, if you're not using Gimp already, to use Gimp.

Josie -- Epic. Yours looks way better than mine; the colors bland and all in all it's a great tag.

zeldahuman -- Thanks for the advice Hommy! I was trying to make it look, like, old/ancient, hence the rock texture. In hindsight, I could've made the grey rock a little more, i don't know, green-ish. Thanks again Hommy!(Goodness i hate it when people think my name is two words)

Hero of Time - First sig I ever created. I did not expect to win, come close to winning, or for it to be good. I was just hoping for some feedback to improve for later competitions and I got some, so thanks.

Josie - The background looks amazing. I love how it looks like rain somewhat and how the blue blends into the green. Nice images as well, and to top it off, Zelda font.

zeldahuman - The rock/tablet background is very unique and well done. The pictures are nice, too, but the background and foreground don't seem to compliment each other.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Hero of Time - First sig I ever created. I did not expect to win, come close to winning, or for it to be good. I was just hoping for some feedback to improve for later competitions and I got some, so thanks.

Josie - The background looks amazing. I love how it looks like rain somewhat and how the blue blends into the green. Nice images as well, and to top it off, Zelda font.

zeldahuman - The rock/tablet background is very unique and well done. The pictures are nice, too, but the background and foreground don't seem to compliment each other.
Thanks, I had trouble finding images to use so...I use the Game Informer Link and the Art Link for the Skyward Sword~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom