• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda The Future

In a recent interview on A Link Between Worlds with Aonuma, the man himself said that he found it interesting working on ALBW because it was interesting to see where the lives of characters went following the events of ALttP, who know what the lives of characters will have come to in ALBW, but the question is this; Which other Zelda games would you like to see have an ALBW style sequel (same overworld and characters style) just for the sheer curiosity of seeing where the characters go with their lives.

Would you like to see an insta-sequel to TP and see Telma and Renado get married, and Link to realise that Ilia is naught but jailbait?

Or would you like a WW insta-sequel to see how much longer granny lives?

What would you like to see an insta-sequel to?

A sequel to PH would be good, inwhich they find and establish the new continent.

A sequel to MM will probably get a lot of votes, for all the townsfolk.

A sequel to TP, with a new threat and a bigger role for the resistance would be cool.

And of course, a sequel to SS, with Link and Zelda on their newfound land.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I think MM obviously needs a sequel. I mean, what happened to the Hero of Time. He was the greatest Link ever! He and his games have been mentioned and talked about throughout Zelda, so why is it we don't know what happened to him? I know the timeline is complicated, but MM has a clearly established open window where the sequel can occur. Make it a thing!

Salem

SICK
I really not a huge fan of those kind of sequels, to see a sequel just to see what happened to the characters.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well you pretty much stated what I'd like, that being Twilight Princess.

My choice may be slightly biased, as I do love this game, but I also feel it has somewhat of a potential for this type of sequel or continuity. This is also my prime choice because i love TP's version of Link, he is unique in my opinion and stands head and shoulders above the rest. He starts off as this humble village boy -- like most I know, but he actually status out having this persona as a role model, but as he goes on he lives up to a much bigger role. I truly feel that this Link is the truest "hero", so a continuation on his journey? Yes please.

As what could possibly explored... Well Link had a pretty close connection with Midna -- who then left him. Surly this affected him and plus he could be dealing with the losses and tragic events he has seen. This game could hypothetically take place 30+ years after the original, where we see Link as an older, much more of a mature figure. That's always been want of mine and he has to overcome his own personal demons to counter evil once again and maybe he could still be secretly searching for an un-existing entrance to the Twilight Realm.

I'd like to also see the transformation and coming together of Hyrule itself, it seemed slightly disconnected, maybe we could see a more united Hyrule? I'd also love to see the progression o's some characters and Link's relationship with such people, if like to see Colin and maybe what he has become, is he now a noble figure like Link? All of this and so on, a great possible plot line in my opinion.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Twilight Princess easily wins the direct sequel route. I'd love to know what happens with the current characters - maybe even see Colin grow a backbone ;p - but more importantly than anything else I want to see Link's relationship with Ilia. Of course we'll get some stereotypical "blargh evil takes the land!!1eon" plot, but the romance might be nuanced which could be great or not so great. :3

And as always, Zelda has a lot of cleaning up to do. Did Link leave Ilia to help withthe Castle? Or what? Did he go out to find his origins - learn about the Hero of Time from the Queen?? There's a lot fo stuff that a TP direct sequel could explain. :yes:

TP I want to see quite a bit from the characters here maybe like justac00lguy said set it 30 years or so afterwards but not playing as the link from TP maybe Collin grew up got married and named his kid after link (like Darunia in OoT) and link has become the mayor of Ordon. There is also loads of other stuff nintendo could do.

MM is also demanding a sequel there are so many unanswered question that are being speculated over by the zelda community and it is hurting my head.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I agree, a TP sequel would be good, not just to find out what happens with the characters, but to rectify the fact that there was so much more they could've done with TP than they actually did.

That being said, I also think an MM sequel would be good. It would be good to see what happens to child Link when/if he returns to Hyrule. And then maybe we could find out once and for all that him and Malon don't get married (ugh ugh ugh please put that pairing to rest)

I want a TP sequel. It has a lot of things it could continue. I liked Colin as a character. He had a lot of development and though Link was a good role model.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
OoT Adult Timeline sequel!
EDIT: I READ YOUR COMMENT AS YOU WANT AN OoT CHILD SEQUEL, AND THATS WHAT MY COMMENT WAS TALKIN ABOUT I READ IT AS CHILD TIMELINE SEQUEL WHERE THE HERO OF TIME GROWS UP AFTER MM. SORRY I MISS READ WHAT I QUOTED

yes cuz the Heros Shade was definitely a grown up adult Link not to mention the noble armor he was wearing! so the Hero of time had to have grown up after MM. so i think it makes sense to make a sequel to MM that shows him growing up and how his life ended as a noble, I'm not saying he was defeated, im just saying he may have just got old! and the noble armor could be a hint he became royalty for all of you who have been hoping to see Link and Zelda finally get together

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom