• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The future of James Bond (Mild Spoilers no details)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I saw No Time To Die the other day and without ruining the plot of the film. I think most who saw it will conclude there is little chance of the character established in the Daniel Craig bond films, carrying on work as a secret agent recast or otherwise. This leaves the question, how will James Bond move forward?

They could carry on with the same MI6 cast and have the agent Nomi as the main character who takes on the 007 role after Bonds retirement. However I don't think this idea will go ahead. People are attached to the character of James bond rather than characters in his world. I suppose they could make James Bond a codename for a different agent to take the place of the original but this might be odd.

They could reboot the series in the modern world again as though the Craig films never happened and give Bond a different set of missions and origin.

However I think the best option would be to actually try to be more faithful to the James Bond in the books. Rebooting the franchise to take place in the 50's and 60's. I believe the new Batman film is set in the 70s which distances itself from those set in the modern day like Bales and Afflecks Batmen so this is not a groundbreaking idea but still could be a good one. It's the one I'd be most in support of.

Anyway what do you think should happen for the future of bond?

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Matthew Vaughn needs to live his dream of directing a 60's era James Bond flick.

There is no way that James Bond was permanently offed. The property is way too profitable. Either No Time to Die will simply be the end of the James Bond timeline, so to speak, and all other movies are prequels, or they'll bring a way to bring him back. James Bond has always had a loose continuity with only the Daniel Craig movies really being connected, so maybe I'm overthinking things, and they just never acknowledge it, and move on.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Personally, I hope they reboot it. I'm good with the way No Time to Die ended. It was a bold and solid end to his films. I see no reason to tack on more stuff after and make up some nonsense about James Bond being a mantle or replacing 007. 007 dies with James Bond, trying to make it otherwise will be a sure fire flop.

The only thing I can see being a possibility is if Bond somehow survived and they simply joke that Bond looks different now due to the explosion, setting the tone for a sillier film closer to the original series. It's stupid, but I can see something like that happening. I honestly like the idea of rebooting and making the series more of a period piece. It would be a good way to take Bond back to his roots and adapt some of his classic stories for a modern era.

If there's one gripe I have with the Craig films, it's how they dropped the ball with Spectre and Blofeld and failed to incorporate classic Bond villains. Rami Malek's Safin for example had absolutely no reason not to be Dr. No.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom