• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The future of Hyrule?

Which branch of Hyrule's Timeline should Nintendo base their next zelda game on next?

• The Hero is Defeated

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ever since the new zelda games keep coming out, I haven't seen much attention on the succeeding games in the Hyrule Timeline. But I really liked the good ending, when Link didn't open the Sacred Realm in Ocarina of Time, and the last game in that branch was the events of Spirit Tracks. I hope to see Nintendo focus their next game, after Tears of the Kingdom, in any of the three branching outcomes rather than the same ol' pre-OoT crap they work on.

As much as I love the Downfall timeline, I think it'd be interesting to revisit the timeline branch that starts with Wind Waker-- see how far New Hyrule has progressed, or perhaps see the re-emergence of old Hyrule from beneath the waves.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
The downfall timeline feels like the "canon" timeline to me, and based on the focus Nintendo gives it I bet they consider it the same way

Given how far down on the timeline botw is though I think they might start to find ways to push new games into other parts of the timeline

The downfall timeline feels like the "canon" timeline to me, and based on the focus Nintendo gives it I bet they consider it the same way

Given how far down on the timeline botw is though I think they might start to find ways to push new games into other parts of the timeline
Yeah, the fact that it's the original timeline ATLEAST from a meta perspective due to the first four games being on it(before OoT/the timeline split was a thing), the fact that it has the most games, the fact that it's the timeline where Ganon, the main villain of the franchise, appears the most often as a result of him becoming the eternal scourage of Hyrule, etc. makes it a candidate as the ''main'' timeline. I think calling it the ''canon'' timeline isn't the right word, though; all three are canon and valid, hence why they're included in the official timeline. It's interesting that every new game since the unveiling of the full timeline in 2011 seems to be in the DT, though...

I'd like to see a new game set on the Child Timeline, maybe one last game featuring the Hero of Time set after Majora's Mask.

I'd prefer a direct sequel to TP with the same Link, since we didn't get one and TP ends with him leaving Ordon. Maybe a new game between TP and FSA with Ganon I coming back, since he didn't get Triforce'd to death at the end of TP like he did in TWW, there's potental for nearly an infinite amount of games with him returning on the CT, not as the mindless madman like in the DT, but with his wits remaining. Maybe a game can happen down the timeline with Ganon I being killed off permanently in a special way to make it clear he's gone for good so that Ganon II can take over in FSA.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new AT either, maybe with a new recurring villain for New Hyrule being established, as well exploring more of New Hyrule's customs and how they differ from the original Hyrule.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
A grimmer game in the wake of Link's death in the downfall timeline would be nice to see. Make the game about someone else as the world falls to pieces around them. Maybe we could see direct fallout with surviving characters from Ocarina of Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom