• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Future of Batman Movies

Bored so thread time,

The Batman films are a weird group of films, from Batman and Robin to Dark Knight Rises, Batman films have pretty much hit the polar extremes in nearly every sense in regards to entertainment value, but in the age of the superhero and reboot culture and given the success of Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, it surely won't be long before Batman returns to the big screen. The gap between Spiderman 3 and amazing Spiderman wasn't too long so it isn't out of the realm of possibility that Batman could be back within the next five years...

But the question is this; given The Dark Knight trilogy's success, its representation of Batman in that it was a more realistic affair than past instalments, the tone and of course the bat-voice, do you think that later instalments when the series returns will be hinged on these factors?
Will we see more Batman incarnations with augmented voices when the don the cowl?
Will later films be more realistic and follow the formula they know works from Nolan's lead?

Would you want to see something similar to the Nolan films or do you want something new?

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
It’s inevitable that my persona will be portrayed on the big screen in the years to come. I’m not sure how long it will take, but Batman’s not going away. I’ve become a cultural icon, and icons don’t die. Supposedly, Christopher Nolan swears he’ll never do another Batman movie, and considering the fact that Nolan’s Batman is very uniquely Nolan, I think the Batman movies of the future will likely take on quite a different tone. Like you said, we’ve seen the extremes of my character portrayed in film, from Tim Burton’s Batman and Batman Returns (generally a kind of Dennis O’Neal meets Frank Miller “comic-booky" portrayal of Batman’s mythos), to Christopher Nolan’s more realistic and Noir approach. Personally, I’d like to see some kind of middle ground in the next installments. Instead of Batman fighting only city-destroying psychopaths, I’d like to see him do a little thug-work around his city too. Show Batman stopping a bank robbery, show him stepping in to beat up a mob of thugs harassing a young woman, show him listening in on a Falcone family meeting to discover information, show him doing DETECTIVE WORK, like his character is meant to do (like what Raimi did with the original Spider-Man trilogy and what Rocksteady did with the Arkham games). Show us a Batman that doesn’t only step up when the lives of millions are at stake. Show us a Batman that's also committed to ridding the city of the kind of crime that took his parents’ lives.

Character-wise, I’d like to see a Batman film with a dark incarnation of me, like Nolan, but have more comic book type scenarios and sub-plots, like Burton and Schumacher. But regardless of the direction the next producers and directors take the Batman, I can’t wait to see it.

Oh, and for goodness sakes, give us a good Mr. Freeze and Riddler. :keese:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom