• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Funny Jelly Monsters...Chus

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
zeldass25-100x100.jpg

So, am I the only one who thinsk this is rather amazing? Will they split into halves and halves like they did in TP? I wonder if they can suck Link up this time around?

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
I think there's a video showing Link fighting one, and it splits in two halves, well, that's the only amount the player got to do, 'cause they instantly combined again. Seems you have to hack away at them fast.

I don't think these are actually chus. But if they are what I think they are, then yes, they will split into two smaller monsters after a strike. Remember Zols and Gels from the Legend of Zelda? I think that screenshot is actually of a Zol... I mean, even though the sprites of them are 8-bit, I can see the resemblance of shape:
38956_135377213167692_135375563167857_173815_4622102_s.jpg

And they're still as adorable as ever. :3 I bet the gels will be even cuter...

A red variety of the ChuChu was actually shown during Skyward Sword's first unveiling, and no, Ruby Link, it's not as simple as slashing them really fast, because in some of those old screenshots, there's a bunch of the little ones moving all around, not simply instantly reforming with the main body.

What I'm curious about is how this grayish bluegreen variety differs from the red ones. More health? Or do they reform faster like it was suggested? Idk, I'm curious. Lol. I'd be willing to bet they'll give us some kind of jelly spoil for upgrading.

I don't think these are actually chus. But if they are what I think they are, then yes, they will split into two smaller monsters after a strike. Remember Zols and Gels from the Legend of Zelda? I think that screenshot is actually of a Zol... I mean, even though the sprites of them are 8-bit, I can see the resemblance of shape:
38956_135377213167692_135375563167857_173815_4622102_s.jpg

And they're still as adorable as ever. :3 I bet the gels will be even cuter...
I've heard this argument a lot, but I've found it to be baseless. I just don't understand how people can really think it's Zols. ChuChus were clearly invented as a replacement of sort for those creatures; they serve the same basic purpose and have the same concept and design. You should that image of a Zol, but if you look at the original Majora's Mask ChuChu, it's more similar to the Zol sprite than this Skyward Sword creature is.

People use the argument that the Zols split and ChuChus don't, except that's completely false. Twilight Princess ChuChus split. The way I see it, this version is clearly a combination of The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess' different varieties of ChuChu. They even have multiple different colors, something that isn't true of Zols, and they blatantly have the TWW ChuChu's eyes.

They are Zols and gels. Check on tthe ss enemies.
The ZD page for the enemies? I've worked on that page; we pick tentative names for the ones without confirmed names, usually based on previous enemies when possible. These slime enemies have never had their name stated, so whatever is up is purely tentative. We originally had it up as ChuChu, but the other staff changed it to Zol at some point. I still think it's clearly a ChuChu, for reasons stated in my last post.

They are totally ChuChu's
1. They are blobby like a ChuChu
2. They usually come in Green, blue, red, electric gold, and Dark Purple.
3. They split into little pieces just like the ChuChu's in Tp and I bet you anything we get to collect their left overs for potions!
(Which would totally rock!)

All I know is I can't wait to blow one away with the gust bellow. Or watch it jiggle as I repeatedly smack it with the whip.

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
A red variety of the ChuChu was actually shown during Skyward Sword's first unveiling, and no, Ruby Link, it's not as simple as slashing them really fast, because in some of those old screenshots, there's a bunch of the little ones moving all around, not simply instantly reforming with the main body.[/I].

Okay, lemme rephrase that; if you cut them horizontally, like the person in the video was doing, they instantaneously reform because the top half falls on the bottom, making it one being again, what I meant is if you planned to do that, you'd probably have to slash fast in order to defeat both halves. Now if you did it vertically, then they wouldn't reform as fast.

3. They split into little pieces just like the ChuChu's in Tp and I bet you anything we get to collect their left overs for potions!
Actually, it's looking like you just buy the potions at a shop, mixing in the insects you capture, rather than jellies, to change their properties. If the ChuChus drop jellies, they're probably going to be involved in the item upgrade system instead, since that seems to be where enemy spoils are primarily used. Then again there was the mushroom spore item that can be bottled, so who knows how something like that is used.

All I know is I can't wait to blow one away with the gust bellow. Or watch it jiggle as I repeatedly smack it with the whip.
*giggles*

Okay, lemme rephrase that; if you cut them horizontally, like the person in the video was doing, they instantaneously reform because the top half falls on the bottom, making it one being again, what I meant is if you planned to do that, you'd probably have to slash fast in order to defeat both halves. Now if you did it vertically, then they wouldn't reform as fast.
Ohhhhhhhhhh. I get what you're saying. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense and I think you could be right. In different circumstances, perhaps that doesn't happen (like... on an incline maybe?), but I think you're right, and that you'll probably have to cut them vertically. Sharp eye there. It could theoretically differ for different ChuChu species.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I love chus especially those from the wind waker. I'm glad they decided to include them in SS. I hope you can collect the jelly like in previous titles.
If Chus were real I would like to wobble one with a stick, that would be great fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom