• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The "Friendly Looking" Whale in the Overview Trailer

This is neither the Wind Fish or Jabu Jabu. This is still that evil whale. Link gets on top of the whale's head and faces this thing:

382933_213750398694697_125038904232514_485427_2062594241_n.jpg

Keep in mind that we decide whether it's day or night in the game, so this whale can be fought at either time.

We know, we're talking about the difference in the whale's actual eyes in two different scenes. In the one you're showing it's still taken over and its eyes are glowing red. In another scene later on, the sky is calm and its eyes are brown and look like real eyes. I'm sure you've caught the difference. And the reason I said it might be the windfish is because of the similarities. I'm not 100% sure though.

kaimason1

the Wanderer
Maybe both sides are right. Who is to say Jabu Jabu isn't actually the wind fish? There could be some kind of connection, and while the actual location of the sleeping Wind Fish was not stated in game, it easily could have been in water.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
We know, we're talking about the difference in the whale's actual eyes in two different scenes. In the one you're showing it's still taken over and its eyes are glowing red. In another scene later on, the sky is calm and its eyes are brown and look like real eyes. I'm sure you've caught the difference. And the reason I said it might be the windfish is because of the similarities. I'm not 100% sure though.

Ohhhhhhhhhh. Now I get it. How did I not catch that?

Anyway, I'm still skeptical of it being Jabu Jabu or the Wind Fish. Especially the Wind Fish. There's absolutely no reason to bring him in.

Ohhhhhhhhhh. Now I get it. How did I not catch that?

Anyway, I'm still skeptical of it being Jabu Jabu or the Wind Fish. Especially the Wind Fish. There's absolutely no reason to bring him in.

I think so too as it would seem so obscure to involve the Wind Fish. In reality it probably is just a unique and different entity in itself, though I admit it would be nice to hear an orchestrated version of the Ballad of the Wind Fish.

I'm pretty sure it's the wind fish. Link saves him in this game, then during the nightmare he remembers Link and brings him in (I know they're different Links but the King of Red Lions thought WW Link was the Hero of Time so obviously people can get one Link mixed up with another pretty easily). This is just a theory though.

I don't think the Wind Fish actually says anything about remembering Link. I'm pretty sure Link ended up on Koholint by "coincidence" but the Wind Fish certainly didn't bring Link in. By coincidence I mean divine fate that he would show up to save the day.

Djinn

and Tonic
I would not go as far as to call him the Wind Fish or Jabu Jabu. Nintendo for some reason likes to continue creating various god-like or intelligent whales in Zelda. There have been at least four of them now. And from what I can tell each one is a totally different character. From the video released two days ago we see Link step onto his head, and by comparison this one is definitely the largest whale character by far. Link is barely a dot on it's head, much larger than any form of JabuJabu or Jabun. I don't doubt that this is some kind of guardian of the sky realm or the clouds.

Another thing I am wondering is, where exactly is this encounter taking place? It is in the sky but where? So far there have been very few areas revealed when it comes to the sky region and most of what we have seen are only tiny islands that contain a couple octorocks or a treasure chest. I'm wondering if this is what is inside that large cloud dome far from Skyloft and appears on the map. It looks to be some stormy region at night, or very shaded somehow.

If I were to guess, I would say that it would be located in the cluster of clouds that we've been speculating on. I think it would be rather interesting if it flew around the entire sky and we could randomly encounter it, or have the option of avoiding it. Just imagine flying through the clouds and seeing that behemoth looming in the distance. Tell me if that wouldn't give you at least a small case of the willies. And I agree, it looks to be a guardian of some kind. Perhaps to keep things away from Skyloft, but with that being the case... if it was indeed taken over by that parasite, it itself could be the biggest danger to the city in the wrong hands or if something goes awry.

I could be wrong. It's been forever since I last played LA. I thought the wind fish brought him in. But I know it doesn't say anything in game about him remembering link. That was pure theory.

Last edited:
From a developer's perspective, it would make absolutely no sense to bring in the Windfish. It has no bearing on the series outside of LA. The Zelda team just likes to recycle ideas. This can be seen in Ghirahim's similar appearance to Vaati. Aonuma has stated that they are not related in anyway, but he believes Fujibayashi took inspiration from Vaati. Also Malladus's final form in ST looks alot like beast Ganon from Twilight Princess.

A

Andrew.DiMarco

Didn't we have to do that to another sea mammal creature in a past game?

Jabu Jabu had parasites that worked the same way. The Barinade, and the big neon tentacles that had to be cut down with the boomerang...

M

Murasaki

I believe it is just a new character that nods to past Zelda games.

LnktheWolf

The Sacred Wolf of Legend
Here, I have the actual video below. If you skip to 2:27, you'll see Link attacking one of those eye-stalks that was on the Sky Whale. It seems they're some sort of parasytic growth that we'll have to destroy in order to bring back its "friendly" side. :)

[video=youtube;NnJgTKT6YOs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NnJgTKT6YOs[/video]

pause at 4:30 is that a star bit from Super Mario Galaxy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom