• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Fred Movie

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I just saw the commercial today on Nickelodeon and I almost choked on the pizza I was eating! I was astounded at how Lucas could do one small thing to become so popular that a movie was made about his Youtube videos. All he did was speed up the videos and now he makes some of the most popular videos on Youtube. Anyway, what's your opinion on this?

i love fred, don't get me wrong. but a fred movie doesn't sound like a good idea. fred isn't all that funny if you watch him for more than half an hour at a time. I may rent it on DVD though, but if the trailer looks good then i might go see it. HOORAY FOR CONTRADICTING MYSELF!! :D

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Basicly the story of Fred is thousands of fangirls subscribed to him and he became so popular that other people subscribed in hopes of their videos becoming popular as well. Later he appeared on TV (iCarly, Nick News, CNN, etc.), sold tee shirts at Hot Topic, and now he has dolls of himself. What's next? Fred toilets? And if you like him I can respect that, Fred is an original Idea and thats all it takes to be popular. Originality and some hint of being good (or in Fred's case, cheating). But in my opinion Fred is way too overrated and idiotic.

Watch this video to learn how to be popular on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE9nYTAAD4Q&feature=channel

Then maybe you can get your own movie!!!:clap:

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
Are you kidding me?! This is disgusting. Morally degrading. His videos aren't even funny. They just remind me of a little coke head that I want to beat with a baseball bat to shut him up. It's more infuriating than funny.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Well let's just hope its well done.

Usually when stuff like this makes a move to something with higher production values it bombs. I would definitely be more excited if the movie were to be in the same format as all of his other videos... just 1.5 hours long... oh, God, when you say it like that it sounds terrifying :(

I'll wait for a trailer before I make any judgements.

linkman8

True and Noble
Good God. I saw the commercial and I came to the immediate realization that our movie industry has officially lost its mind. That, or they've officially run out of creative ideas.
I can't stand Fred. He's so incredibly irritating that I can't believe they could even stomach his videos long enough to consider it for a movie.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I agree, the movie industry has lost its mind. However, remember, the television industry lost it's mind around 2005 when we started seeing really crappy shows being made...first, it started with Disney Channel, then Nickelodeon adopted it, then Cartoon Network stopped making cartoons, etc.

If I wanted to see high pitched voices for an hour and a half, I would watch Alvin and the Chipmunks. I don't have a problem with them, but that's because they're original (they date to way back in the day) and actually have a decent sence of humor. This guy is just makes me think of someone who did crystal meth and helium at the same time...a very deadly combination for the sanity of any man.

An even better question is what is this movie going to be about? Just ninety minutes of some guy randomly running around? I would get the same effect by letting my cat play with a laser pointer. I'm starting to wonder what this world is coming to...

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
I don't think it will be THAT awful honestly. I might go see it or I might not. It depends on the wrap it gets. It's probably going to be aimed at young children. As most of his videos seem to be.

RamboZelda

bullets of pure awesome
Gah my sister watches Fred, and her computer is in the room next to mine, so I can always hear his high-pitched, nails-on-chalkboard voice that people think is funny. And now a MOVIE? I'll just go soundproof my room if she ever brings that movie home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom