• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Forgotten Temple

The Temple of Time on the Great Plateau is called the Temple of Time and looks a lot like the one from OoT but it's obviously not the same temple. The same applies to the Forgotten Temple. Pretty sure that's what @DragonEleven is getting at.
See, that's just dumb. It clearly is the Temple of Time as it exists in this age and can be represented by the Switch. That's what I'm getting at. Just because it isn't a 100% replica of n64 polygons or snes bits doesn't mean that isn't the Temple of Time or that this isn't the Sealed Temple.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
See, that's just dumb. It clearly is the Temple of Time as it exists in this age and can be represented by the Switch. That's what I'm getting at. Just because it isn't a 100% replica of n64 polygons or snes bits doesn't mean that isn't the Temple of Time or that this isn't the Sealed Temple.
You're saying that the Great Plateau's Temple of Time is the exact same one from Castle Town 10,000+ years ago? And that sounds right to you? You can say it was modeled after it (and literally no one has said that it wasn't), but saying that it's the exact same building???

You're saying that the Great Plateau's Temple of Time is the exact same one from Castle Town 10,000+ years ago? And that sounds right to you? You can say it was modeled after it (and literally no one has said that it wasn't), but saying that it's the exact same building???
And you're saying the Temple of Time isn't the Temple of Time and that sounds right to you??? Clearly this is what the game intended for it to be and saying otherwise is just arguing for the sake of arguing. It is pointless and a waste of effort and also totally wrong.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
And you're saying the Temple of Time isn't the Temple of Time and that sounds right to you??? Clearly this is what the game intended for it to be and saying otherwise is just arguing for the sake of arguing. It is pointless and a waste of effort and also totally wrong.
The idea of the exact same building from 10,000+ years ago still standing and in another entirely different place makes more sense to you than it being a new temple that was designed after the original?

The idea of the exact same building from 10,000+ years ago still standing and in another entirely different place makes more sense to you than it being a new temple that was designed after the original?
I already said earlier that it could have been rebuilt or be the same materials moved (or just had repairs over a 10,000 year period changing it slightly). But if you say that the Temple of Time isn't meant to be the Temple of Time you are just wasting everyone's ...time.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I already said earlier that it could have been rebuilt or be the same materials moved (or just had repairs over a 10,000 year period changing it slightly). But if you say that the Temple of Time isn't meant to be the Temple of Time you are just wasting everyone's ...time.
I already said that literally no one is saying that... lol. When you say that it's the exact same building from 10,000+ years ago, that means that it's the same building. not something new designed to look like it. There's a huge difference.

I already said that literally no one is saying that... lol. When you say that it's the exact same building from 10,000+ years ago, that means that it's the same building. not something new designed to look like it. There's a huge difference.
When you say the Temple of Time pertaining to it during Breath of the Wild you would clearly be referring to that building. Do you think this is the first time with thousands of years between games? Some aren't even in the same universe. All you are doing right now is needlessly complicating things for the sake of creating an argument where none should exist. You're wrong. This is the Temple of Time. Get over it.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
When you say the Temple of Time pertaining to it during Breath of the Wild you would clearly be referring to that building. Do you think this is the first time with thousands of years between games? Some aren't even in the same universe. All you are doing right now is needlessly complicating things for the sake of creating an argument where none should exist. You're wrong. This is the Temple of Time. Get over it.
I really don't think you're understanding lol... I never said it wasn't a Temple of Time. I'm saying it's not THE one from OoT, but it IS designed to look like it.

The same exact bricks and stone from the one 10,000+ years ago. That's what you're saying the one on the Great Plateau is. And that is wrong. Because.... that's physically impossible lmao. there's literally nothing complicated about this.

I really don't think you're understanding lol... I never said it wasn't a Temple of Time. I'm saying it's not THE one from OoT, but it IS designed to look like it.

The same exact bricks and stone from the one 10,000+ years ago. That's what you're saying the one on the Great Plateau is. And that is wrong. Because.... that's physically impossible lmao. there's literally nothing complicated about this.

Incorrect.

When you say the Temple of Time pertaining to it during Breath of the Wild you would clearly be referring to that building.

I literally just said what I meant. Try to pay attention. It is the Temple of Time, not necessarily the same one, but it is how this game depicts it and where it chooses to do so. If in your head you want to call it the Temple of Time version 86 be my guest. But every sane person that doesn't want to argue just to get their postcount up will simply say "The Temple of Time". End of story.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Incorrect.

I literally just said what I meant. Try to pay attention. It is the Temple of Time, not necessarily the same one, but it is how this game depicts it and where it chooses to do so. If in your head you want to call it the Temple of Time version 86 be my guest. But every sane person that doesn't want to argue just to get their postcount up will simply say "The Temple of Time". End of story.
"Not necessarily the same one" is exactly what I've been saying the entire time, the exact thing you've been arguing against. And I'm the one who's arguing for the sake of arguing? Lmao I'm done. We've derailed this thread long enough.

"Not necessarily the same one" is exactly what I've been saying the entire time, the exact thing you've been arguing against. And I'm the one who's arguing for the sake of arguing? Lmao I'm done. We've derailed this thread long enough.
I said it could be referred to as the same because it is the Temple of Time as depicted by this game. You said it was not and the name didn't matter. It isn't my fault you argued for the sake of arguing without listening to what I was saying. Don't make me quote myself again to prove the 12 times I said it.

It is theoretically possible for a building to survive for over 10,000 if it's properly maintained, so the ToT on the Great Plateau could easily be the same one as it OoT, as it appears to have been in use until the calamity.

But the Forgotten Temple could not possibly be the Sealed Temple as they are nothing alike... the statues are the most similar thing, but even they are clearly different statues.

It is theoretically possible for a building to survive for over 10,000 if it's properly maintained, so the ToT on the Great Plateau could easily be the same one as it OoT, as it appears to have been in use until the calamity.

But the Forgotten Temple could not possibly be the Sealed Temple as they are nothing alike... the statues are the most similar thing, but even they are clearly different statues.
Yea, the two loftwing statues and giant Hylia statue are clearly different from the two loftwing statues and giant Hylia statue. Clearly not a result of a new system's hardware and game devs taking the opportunity to improve upon the image or well over 10,000 years passing since Ocarina of Time and even more than that since Skyward Sword. Btw ever seen any Loftwings is the tens of thousands of years since Skyward Sword? Yup. Clearly unrelated. No chance in hell it is the same shrine as this game would depict it.

Yea, the two loftwing statues and giant Hylia statue are clearly different from the two loftwing statues and giant Hylia statue. Clearly not a result of a new system's hardware and game devs taking the opportunity to improve upon the image or well over 10,000 years passing since Ocarina of Time and even more than that since Skyward Sword. Btw ever seen any Loftwings is the tens of thousands of years since Skyward Sword? Yup. Clearly unrelated. No chance in hell it is the same shrine as this game would depict it.
The Hylia statue in particular... the size of it was important to it's role in SS, and they would ensure that was preserved in BotW if it was the same statue... if anything they would have used the more powerful hardware to make it even bigger in BotW, not substantially smaller... that would contradict the very argument you're attempting to use.
As for the Loftwings, if you read what I said properly, you'd see I was placing the construction of the Forgotten Temple at an unknown point between SS and OoT, so there could very easily have still been knowledge of Loftwings at the time... plus, I also implied that they would have had the statues from the Sealed Grounds to work from, so they technically wouldn't have needed any knowledge of Loftwings themselves.
And I'm not saying the two temples are unrelated... I'm saying that you can't say anything more than that... they are related, but they're not the same temple.

The Temple of Time on the Great Plateau is called the Temple of Time and looks a lot like the one from OoT but it's obviously not the same temple. The same applies to the Forgotten Temple. Pretty sure that's what @DragonEleven is getting at.
The statues are about the same size. Feel free to look up screen shots if you doubt me. And yea, clearly the giant Hylia statue and two loftwing statues are unrelated to the other giant Hylia statue and 2 loftwing statues. Definitely not the same place. No way that could possibly be a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom