• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda The First Zelda Game You Played

M

Mirgio

I definitely recommend Skyward Sword (it's a modern Zelda game and VERY different from ALttP; it'll give you quite the spectrum as far as Zelda games go), as well as Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time.

Yeah I bought Majora's Mask on the Wii Virtual Console today, and I can already tell I'm going to love this game.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
My first Zelda games is Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. It was really fun playing without knowing what was the plot. Hehe, good times...

My first Zelda games is Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. It was really fun playing without knowing what was the plot. Hehe, good times...
yeah, same for me when I first played Links Awakening. I pretty much I had no idea why I was killing these monsters but I knew if I didn't they'd kill me so i ended up almost beating it, getting frustrated, then retrying about a year later and understanding what was going on and beating it finally.

If you are looking for more Zelda games to play, you should definitely pick up a copy of The Wind Waker.

Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons are coming to the 3DS and all i have to say is they are SO fun. They were the second and third Zelda games I played and I never even knew about the password thing until the very end when i was like "Oh that's what that thing on the menu is for!" and I had so much fun playing the extended one and then the same way with the other game. You can get special items in the linked thing like the master sword (L.3 sword) and bomb-chus and stuff. Then you can link it yet again to have an even more special game. Definitely pick up a copy when they are released on the Eshop.

I first played The Legend of Zelda at a friend's house and I didn't understand it. The next thing I knew, my mom bought me the game for my birthday. I quickly fell in love with it, and thanks to the first issue of Nintendo Power, I finally understood what to do.

Links Awakening, although I never completed it. The first Zelda game I completed was Phantom Hourglass.

Links Awakening, although I never completed it. The first Zelda game I completed was Phantom Hourglass.
I played about 1/3 through and then kinda stopped but I started again about a year later when I understood it more ( I was like 5 or 6). You should definitely finish LInks awakening.

The first Zelda game I ever played was Link's Awakening. It was also the first video game I ever played, It's still one of my favorite games ever. I guess you can see this in my signature too though.

My first Zelda game was Link's Awakening as well. The DX version to be exact. I got to Bottle Grotto and was stuck on the infamous "three enemies" puzzle for forever...I eventually picked the game back up one day and finally figured it out. The game gripped me after that in a way no video game ever had and I enveloped myself in its mysterious quest until the end.

Subsequent playthroughs have only made me love the game more, and to this day, Link's Awakening is my second favorite Zelda game, closely following Majora's Mask (and closely followed by The Wind Waker). I love everything about the game: the mysterious atmosphere, the memorable characters, the story (I think LA is the deepest title in the series, alongside Majora's Mask), the world and dungeon design, the music...everything and more. I could go on and on. :)

L

links-shadow

The first Zelda game that I ever played was Skyward Sword. It's one of my favourites, but I still don't quite know what exactly the "numerical ordering of Zelda games from best to worst" is for me.

Perhaps because of this I may seem like a beginner to the series, but as soon as I fell in love with it all, I started to learn as much as I possibly could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom