• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The First Zelda Game You Played

Patch

Party Pooper
For me, the first Zelda game I played was The Ocarina of Time. I was hooked ever since. <3
What about you?

MW7

My first Zelda was Link's Awakening. I was really young and it took forever for me to beat it (several years). The game is relatively hard for a Zelda game anyway, and being a little kid and having no Zelda experience made it really tough for me. Ocarina of Time was my 2nd Zelda game, but I actually finished it way before I finished Link's Awakening.

Mine was in the 80s.. it was the original LoZ... it was great.. there wasn't anything like it back then...

My first true playthrough was the minish cap. I have to say it wasn't a very good representation of the core plot. But the Zelda gameplay mechanics were all there full well and I caught the hang of things fairly quickly. I remember it to be a truly fun game!!

Then I got my hands on Ocarina... the rest is history :D

shogun_zidane

将軍 ジタン
My answer is MW7's answer to the fullest. I got my Gameboy Color in 1997 at a pawn shop that was bundled with Pokemon Red Version, Tetris DX and Link's Awakening DX. But of course beat Ocarina of Time first like a year later.

LTTP was mine, and it is the reason it is my favorite game in the series. I will admit OOT is probably the best, but since i beat it a year ago for th first time i don't have the nostalgia in it.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
The original Legend of Zelda. I would play it all the time way before it ever came to be that popular and before there were any cheats and game faqs on the internet. So I had to find all the secrets myself. Man that was fun burning down every single bush just to see if it revealed a secret.

My first Zelda game was Legend of Zelda, but since I didn't really "finish it", and clamed it to be my first Zelda game completed. I played Ocarina of Time second and finished it first :3

Night Owl

~Momentai
My Mom taught me how to play Link's Awakening when I was 5. I've Managed to aquire and beat every canon game in some way or form since then. One thing I never under stood is why we don't have to throw pots at doors or chests to open them more often. :P

MW7

My answer is MW7's answer to the fullest. I got my Gameboy Color in 1997 at a pawn shop that was bundled with Pokemon Red Version, Tetris DX and Link's Awakening DX. But of course beat Ocarina of Time first like a year later.
What an odd coincidence. Or maybe this is the case for a decent amount of people.

LTTP was mine, and it is the reason it is my favorite game in the series. I will admit OOT is probably the best, but since i beat it a year ago for th first time i don't have the nostalgia in it.
Well I definitely have nostalgia for OOT but not ALTTP since I played it much later on, and I would say something almost opposite of what you said. OOT is my second favorite game in the series (behind MM), but I would say that ALTTP is probably the best game in the series. The few things that bothered me in OOT seemed to not be in ALTTP. Over time I think I'll grow to love ALTTP more than OOT just because the game seems so perfectly made to me. I'm still waiting for a 3d game that feels as perfect as ALTTP, and I was one of the people who thought OOT was perfect before I discovered ALTTP.

S

ScottFinni

My first Zelda game, Ocarina of Time. I have so much nostalgia playing with my Grandpa, and I have vivid memories of the Fire Temple and the dreaded Water Temple. It's always been my favorite game ever since. After that, Link's Awakening DX, and from there on, it's history. <3

Wind Waker for me, and thank god it was. I think it's the best game of the series even if the nostalgia wasn't there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom