• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The first time you played Super Mario Bros

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I actually don't really remember, but I keep thinking that it was possibly on a plug n play with all those retro games on it. The strongest memory I have is pulling it up on NSO and trying it a few times though, it's not a game I've spent much time with honestly

ExLight

why
Staff member
ZD Champion
When I was very young (3-4yo) I had a CD with ROMs of a lot of games.
Super Mario Bros. was one of the games. I always found it a bit hard though, never made past the 4th world, lol.

Funny enough a few years later I bought another CD that had a Super Mario World fangame called "Goomba's Revenge" that was much JANKIER and brutal and I preferred that over it.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
ZD Champion
I don't remember exactly when I first played the original game, but my first side-scrolling Mario adventure was Super Mario Advance (the GBA remake of SMB2 - NOT The Lost Levels).

The earliest I can remember playing the actual SMB was on the Wii VC, but I probably played it on the GBA or an arcade version earlier than that.

Still never beaten the game though. In fact I don't think I've ever gotten past world 1 lol

Daku Rinku

ZD Champion
Forum Volunteer
Played it on NES with my brother. He taught me the trick in Level 2 The Sewer how to get to those three hidden warp pipes:

IMG_5155.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom