• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Fire Emblem Series

Claire

The Geekette
While I am shocked I am yet to see anyone bring up this series within General Gaming (within the aspect of a topic, of course) I am not totally surprised. Those who have played any Fire Emblem game and attempted to beat it, finish realizing that completing it is the electronic equivalent to child birth.

I am currently playing Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - which I am incredibly happy with. I am even more pleased knowing it was the only one in stock at GameStop (despite being used). I would highly recommend picking up a copy if able, definitely worth the money.

I am curious to see if there is anyway to play the other Fire Emblem games which were released for the Famicom and only for Japan. Has anyone encountered a way to play the Japanese versions without finding copies and a Famicom?

Amelie

Air Dancer
I remember I tryed Fire Emblem (the german one) on GBA years ago. I think I might have one of the games somewhere in my room.

I remember when I played it it was actually very fun. Much better then FF to me ^^

Claire

The Geekette
The only way I know of is to emulate them.

That is what I thought too, but sadly I am yet to find one with the Japanese-only released Fire Emblem games. If you manage to find one, let me know? ^^

Speaking of the others for handheld, I am so terribly tempted to purchase them off Amazon - but I loathe the shipping fee. I actually saw Fire Emblem for the DS will be released rather soon, which I am incredibly excited for - especially if my local GameStop has it in stock. I am even more pleased with this, because it is a remake of the original Fire Emblem game (which means I am picking it up, that is much better than trying to play another game in Japanese).

mewtwolord

Hello World
eh fire emblem is kind of like final fantasy the only FE game i ever owned was the first one which was really good but the freakin final boss was a dragon it was hard like hell and i had to make a new profile cuz my team wasnt strong enough

Claire

The Geekette
eh fire emblem is kind of like final fantasy the only FE game i ever owned was the first one which was really good but the freakin final boss was a dragon it was hard like hell and i had to make a new profile cuz my team wasnt strong enough

You mean the first Fire Emblem game to be released in North America, correct? The only way you'd be able to play the first official released game would be through emulator (if one exists), somehow had a copy of the new game before release, or played it in Japanese with a Famicom. The games are great, but as I stated prefer, they can be terribly difficult. But that is what makes it fun... the pain filled hours of trying out different tactics and methods to figure out the best route possible... right? :P

mewtwolord

Hello World
CONTAINS SPOILERSyup the first one to be released so many weeks playing it 3 storys main ppl lyn/lynes(something like that)eliwood roys father and hector the dude with the axe that acts cool and starts arguments

hey i found this FE game for 30 dollars on wii is it worth it

Last edited by a moderator:

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I only own and played 3 Fire Emblem games.
Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn and Shadow Dragon.

I'm so glad that i bought Path of Radiance. I had my doubt to buy this, but in the end it was my first fire emblem game. Luckly i bought it because Radiant dawn was direct sequel of Path of Radiance.

Too bad i never got a chance to play the FE games of the GBA.

Claire

The Geekette
CONTAINS SPOILERSyup the first one to be released so many weeks playing it 3 storys main ppl lyn/lynes(something like that)eliwood roys father and hector the dude with the axe that acts cool and starts arguments

hey i found this FE game for 30 dollars on wii is it worth it

I do not understand how you played Shadow Dragon a month before North American release, could you clarify?

Ah, Oni! How was Shadow Dragon? It will not be released in North America until February, and I didn't take the time to look into the reviews given by the Europeans. So, how about you tell me your opinion on the game? :)

Just two day ago, I finally received my copy of Path of Radiance. So far, I've just beaten chapter 7, and I like it a lot. The gameplay works out extremely well, and makes you really think about what to do. Especially since any characters you lose are gone forever. It really makes you think twice before sending one of your soldiers out into the open.
It isn't without flaws, of course. I'd really enjoy it more if there was some type of overworld exploration, instead of reading through all of the speech boxes, and then going directly to a fight. That, and Titania is too good, lol. But otherwise, it's great so far.

So Shadow Dragon is finally out in the US. My friend is renting it and he says that it is a very good game, with good classes, and good attacks. He agrees with me that the 8-bit graphics were better though.

So Shadow Dragon is finally out in the US. My friend is renting it and he says that it is a very good game, with good classes, and good attacks. He agrees with me that the 8-bit graphics were better though.

Indeed, Shadow Dragon is an excellent game. It's probably been my favorite in the series, but it still doesn't compare to Square Enix's RPGs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom