• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Final End of Zelda

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
I know there are multiple other threads related to this concept but I want this to have specific and original ideas so dredge up that last bit of creativity and throw it out there for us all to criticize, make fun of, and probably feel jealous over afterwards. This thread is the thought of the very end of Zelda. What should the very last game be like?

My idea for the end of the series(whenever that may be) is to have an all out war on evil. The game would bring old links from the past and bring their "spirits" to life to fight in the war. It would bring back old friends and old enemies. Zelda's father would die(Nintendo can use their creativity here) leaving Zelda the throne and the newly starting war to deal with. He might sacrifice himself to save the kingdom but it doesn't work? I don't know but something happens to have him die making Zelda want to rid the land of evil for all eternity. As the war starts, she has Link go on journeys to make alliances and gather friends. They can bring back the Kokiri, the Zoras, the Gorons, the Deku, the Hylians, the Magic Hags, the Sheikah, the Kikwis, the Mogmas, the little robots from Lanayru, and multiple other races and/or characters via time travel. The goddesses would also help to intervene but no one wants to follow them because they let the evil exist for to long. Zelda remains the leader of the races. They could also bring Midna and Twilight back as a new friend to fight the final Ganon and other bosses from previous games. The sages would make an appearance. This final battle would be going well until (insert bad event here). This almost determines the loss of the Hylians and other races. The goddesses intervene again however and open one last portal through time while sacrificing themselves which redeems them in the eyes of the people. This calls the other spirits of Link's past to regain conscienceness and come to their aid. The sages would sacrifice themselves to bring the world of Twilight together with the real world finally merging them all. The past races would travel to the future to fight the war. This is why there were never that many of any race in the past games. Almost all of them die fighting the masses of monsters. The bosses face off as well. The end draws near for the combined races when they catch wind of a closely guarded secret in the world of Twilight. It would be a sort of anti-triforce that appeared when they sealed the Twili away. This is the only thing that can fully eliminate the power of the official triforce. Link finds it and uses it knowing that by doing so he destroys everyone connected with it. This would be himself, Zelda, and Ganon.The people connected with the anit-triforce also are destroyed, Midna being one of them. As their powers weaken, Link fights Ganon finally driving the Master Sword through his heart, shattering it in half and ending the cycle of Demise's Hatred. The end is filled with a longer than normal staff role where the revisit the past and show the fate of Hyrule. It would show the badly damaged world and races. The total annihilation of evil. The friendships formed between the races. The old quarrels forgiven. The repairs staring on a new world with no otherworldly influences. The acceptance of fate and the preservation of the past. The ability to unite against a common foe. They erect statues of Zelda, Link, Midna, Ganon, and all the sages along with the goddesses(even thought they are no longer worshiped). All portals closed. All links to the past eliminated. A new world that rebuilds on friendship.

So what do you guys think? I spent a lot of spare time thinking this through and pulled a lot of inspiration from Smash Bros. Brawl. I like the idea of a final showdown and complete separation from the past on almost every angle. Let me know what you think and post revisions or your own specific thoughts on how the epic last game should end.

Edit: Sorry for the lengthy post guys!

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
...Intense. This would be a pretty good idea. I really like the idea of Zelda obtaining the throne, but I'm not sure how I feel about bringing back Links from other games. Too many Heros at once you know?

I'd have the typical familiar, young lad leaves home theme, and discovers some greater theme. A plot to revive Ganon, and have Ganon completely destroy the world in sort of a suicide mission. It would be extremely long and there would be bosses from previous games as well as new extremely challenging bosses. Plus familiar characters.

The music would be creative and memorable but a HUGE portion of the songs of the game would be some of the greatest songs from previous games, along with new altercations of these songs.

Long story short, Ganon would obtain the triforce and by some divine mistake, it would give him powers of the gods. With the help of the 3 goddesses, Link would challenge and defeat Ganon once and for all and vanquish, NOT SEAL, but obliterate all evil from the world. However the massive battle would take the lives of many and leave the land and terrain of Hyrule completely broken and scarred. Zelda would take the throne, and with the help of Link, give hope and eventually recover a shattered land. A statue would be erected to commemorate The bloodline of the hero, and to prevent any greed or power hunger, the triforce and the master sword would both be destroyed by the goddesses.

The Credits would be very long and while theyd go over the terrain and events of this game, Itd also show clips from every single other Zelda game in the series while playing that game's version of the legend of zelda theme. Then at the end there would be a very simple, slow Zelda's lullaby to finish.

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
Wonderfully said and probably more realistic than mine! And I agree with the long ending in which they show everything that happened and start to show everything that will happen now its over. And they should sort of do a giant recap of all the games by reusing old songs and areas.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
That would be... EPIC! I would love it if it were a massive multiplayer game and each player was a knight in the Hylian army. There could be thousands playing at once!

Pssh... Zelda ending? Proposterous! On a more serious note, you have some pretty epic ideas. The more I think about it, time travel wouldn't really be so out of place. I'm not sure though about the multiple Links. I just don't think that there is enough character definition. Still though, that would be bittersweet to see.

As far as your ending though thats a great story but probably wouldnt be a well received zelda game. However, I dont think zelda will end unless the games stop making money. I actually think this is sad because all great stories have an end.

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
Yes. Now that I think about it I agree about to many heroes and such. And about not being well received I also think that would be the case. I would like to see a sad end to the series where light succeeds but at an extremely expensive cost. I'm also open of course to the idea that there will still be multiple more releases in the plot with new characters to come. This would help make it even more awesome not to mention sad. I hope it ends eventually though because if the game draws out too long it will be horrible.

That sounds EPIC. See, in my mind, LoZ never ends, so that's just not possible. It would be the ending of the best series ever, though...so you're right, it would have to be insanely epic.
I would totally play if they made that into a game...Though I feel like they should do it in a really nostalgic way, you know?
Like different stages with all of the different Link's. Like Gannondorf's Castle from Oot had a section with each different temple, they could have the game made up of levels like that for each of the different reincarnations. Though they would have to make the art the same across the board, and I feel like that might upset some of the fandom if all of a sudden Toon Link was done in a TP style...

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
As long as Nintendo is alive, Zelda will be alive (same with Mario)
But even if Nintendo dies, then another company can buy Link.

That sounds pretty awesome, I like that idea a lot. :p but theres so much going on, I would tweak a few things like organizing the storyline a bit more and I'm not so sure I like the ideas of all the Links from previous games being present.. but it could work. And I appreciate the idea of tying up loose ends and getting rid of evil forever. :p but at the same time, if all evil's gone.. theres no point for another game. Which is really sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom