• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Father in Pokemon

MarkaenShoque92

Hero of Hoenn
One of the reasons I greatly enjoy R/S/E was because you actually have a father in the game (made better by having of the toughest battles in the game against him). Sure, B/W has a very, very small mention of your dad when analyzing the TV (to the best of my knowledge, at least), but it is almost always your stay at home mom with no presence of your father. Do you want to see more of a dad in Pokemon games (whether to battle or just to be there) or are you fine with just a mom cheering you on?

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Well, it would be great if you could meet your father sometimes when on your adventure and he challenges you like your rival does. The difference is that his pokémon are so powerful that you lose every time, but afterwards he will heal your pokémon up and give you some trainer tips, maybe accompany you for a small while and be a part of the plot. Then near the end, before the elite four, he will challenge you again, but this time you are able to win because your pokémon would have gotten to the same level now.

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
In the original games it was theorized that maybe your dad along with Blue's parents died in some kind of war beforehand. I won't get into the details here, but might do a post up about it in the future. I liked seeing the fatherly figure in the game. It made more sense, other than the original games which just had 10 year old kids running around in the wilderness. But then again, the presumed war..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom