• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Father Ganondorf Theory

HyrulePug

You're meeting all of my standards!
As we all know, in each game Link is a different generation of Link, (unless it's in a certain sequel where it stays the same Link) that is why we see Link with so many different ages. Zelda is also like that. Ganondorf isn't like that, though. Ganondorf may look different in the different games but he is always the same Ganondorf, so, I have a theory that Ganondorf is Link's father. Also, throughout the series Link has always either been living alone or living with some extended family member (who ultimately dies) like an uncle or grandfather. Doesn't this suggest that Nintendo doesn't want to talk about Link's family? Doesn't it also suggest that there IS a possibility that Ganondorf could be Link's father? What do you think?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Its highly unlikely Ganondorf is actually Links father or related to Link at all. None of his genetic traits are present in Link. Take a look at them Ganondorf has a natural dark skin colour, yellow eyes and red hair. All characteristics of the Gerudo people which have as far as we know a 100% success rate of being passed down to the next generation. Link is Blonde haired blue eyed and has light skin. Ganondorf is also 7ft 6 and with Link being referred to as Mr Shortpants in SS and being short in every game he is in gives another massive difference between the two of them.
There is no evidence at all for Link and Ganondorf being related and its not worth seriously looking into unless some ever comes along.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
You have no proof for your theory for a start, Link is HYLIAN not GERUDO. A gerudo male is born once every 100 years the rest of the species is female they mate with hylians to produce offspring. The likely reason it's the same ganondorf is the dude got sealed away more times than anything and time wouldn't have passed, not to mention he seems to be highly adept at resurrection that or Twinrova. There is no suggestion of a possibility Ganondorf is links father or even a remote hint. In most of the games we see the fact link lives alone clearly old enough to live alone, in only a few games do we see family of links even mentioned such as OOT. In fact aside from OOT i've only seen Links family mentioned twice once in ATTP where he lived with his uncle and in WW where he lived with grandmother and sister. In all Likely hood WW Links mothers is a resident of Outset though we can't claim it for sure, in ALTTP i am almost certain that links family were descended from the hylian knights who fought in the imprisoning war.

In the case of Link he has always had the hero's spirit passed on from one to another, hell we even have links from TP Link to OOT link. Link (aside from some pottery induced evil) has never shown an inclination to aid ganondorf (heh autocorrect seems to thing ganondorf should be Andorran) at all, Both Links and Zeldas line pass down father to son/mother to daughter and in Ganondorf's case he is supposedly forever reincarnated as a form of Hatred for the original Zelda and Link, so yea somehow i don't think Ganondorf would even allow someone like Link to live if he saw him.

We also see that in a somewhat strange fashion the three triforce bearers will recognize one another as foes, in OOT we actually see that Ganondorf doesn't know of link til the lil idiot gets seen at the castle so yea i think i've just killed this theory as good as.

You can now present your evidence.

HyrulePug

You're meeting all of my standards!
I may have no proof for my theory but I still like the idea of it. It's my friend's theory, anyway. Not mine.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It is true! Lol, more like not true. There is no proof, the theory is quite wild. Link is Hylian, Ganondorf is gerudo - that alone makes it impossible. Second, only one male can be born amoung the Gerudo every 100 years, Ganondorf is that only male. Lastly, if Link was the offspring of Ganondorf I'm sure he'd be evil. What is next Zelda is the daughter of Demise? Majora's Mask is the brother of Yuga? Tingle was the one who made the Triforce?

Just wow...

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
It is true! Lol, more like not true. There is no proof, the theory is quite wild. Link is Hylian, Ganondorf is gerudo - that alone makes it impossible. Second, only one male can be born amoung the Gerudo every 100 years, Ganondorf is that only male. Lastly, if Link was the offspring of Ganondorf I'm sure he'd be evil. What is next Zelda is the daughter of Demise? Majora's Mask is the brother of Yuga? Tingle was the one who made the Triforce?

Just wow...

SHHH last thing we need is the "tingle is god" movement to think he made the triforce

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Doesn't this suggest that Nintendo doesn't want to talk about Link's family? Doesn't it also suggest that there IS a possibility that Ganondorf could be Link's father? What do you think?

No. I'd say this is a non-sequitur. While it's conceivably possible that Ganondorf could be Link's father, considering what we know about the franchise, there's no real logical path to take that brings us to such a conclusion. Link not having a known father in the games does not suggest that Ganondorf, therefore, is probably his father. By this reasoning we could conclude that Beedle is actually Link's father since Link's family is a mystery and it's conceivably possible.

HyrulePug said:
I may have no proof for my theory but I still like the idea of it. It's my friend's theory, anyway. Not mine.

I understand you like the idea of it, and it's a neat thought to fantasize about. But if we're talking about more than fun thoughts and instead about the truth value of the claim in the Zelda canon, there seems to be no good reason whatsoever to accept, or even suspect, it's true.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Well here we go. This theory is false.
First there is the Hylian genetics theory, which debunks everything especially since Hylian traits are recessive genes.
But now I am going to disprove it even further.
SS Link, MC Link, and FS Link were born before Ganondorf was even born.
OoT Ganondorf would have been to young to birth a child for OoT Link, especially with the Hyrulean Civil War going on.
TP Ganondorf was chilling either in Arbiters Grounds or in the Twilight Realm. There would be no possible way for him to have a child.
Ganondorf was downright dead in FSA and he was reborn, likely a decade before Link.
ALttP Ganondorf is trapped in the dark world, and Link has an Uncle on his fathers side(due to him sharing bloodlines of Hylian Knight). No way that can happen.
ALBW Ganon is dead when Link is born.
TLoZ Link wasn't even born in Hyrule, plus Ganon can't really have kids in pig form....
WW Ganondorf is still trapped when WW is born.
Ganondorf remains dead and in flooded Hyrule for all eternity for the rest of that timeline.
So there we go. This theory, 100% false. Not only due to genetics but for the fact Ganondorf isn't there to make a baby with Link's mother.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well here we go. This theory is false.
First there is the Hylian genetics theory, which debunks everything especially since Hylian traits are recessive genes.
But now I am going to disprove it even further.
SS Link, MC Link, and FS Link were born before Ganondorf was even born.
OoT Ganondorf would have been to young to birth a child for OoT Link, especially with the Hyrulean Civil War going on.
TP Ganondorf was chilling either in Arbiters Grounds or in the Twilight Realm. There would be no possible way for him to have a child.
Ganondorf was downright dead in FSA and he was reborn, likely a decade before Link.
ALttP Ganondorf is trapped in the dark world, and Link has an Uncle on his fathers side(due to him sharing bloodlines of Hylian Knight). No way that can happen.
ALBW Ganon is dead when Link is born.
TLoZ Link wasn't even born in Hyrule, plus Ganon can't really have kids in pig form....
WW Ganondorf is still trapped when WW is born.
Ganondorf remains dead and in flooded Hyrule for all eternity for the rest of that timeline.
So there we go. This theory, 100% false. Not only due to genetics but for the fact Ganondorf isn't there to make a baby with Link's mother.

I dont support the Ganondorf being Links father theory but he could have been there to father OOT link, since he was present during the civil war and took an active role in trying to get the triforce during that. In Hyrule Historia it is said Ganondorf swears loyalty again to the king, which means that he was disloyal at some point, obviously the civil war where every race was after the Triforce.
Ganondorfs age is not stated in OOT but if there is a new king every 100 years he can be assumed to be less than 100. He has the appearance of a middle aged man so he would be around 40-50 in OOT Meaning he would have been 31-41 when he planted his seed inside links mother.
Its therefore possible he could have been around to impregnate her but of course with the way link looks, that is seriously unlikely.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I dont support the Ganondorf being Links father theory but he could have been there to father OOT link, since he was present during the civil war and took an active role in trying to get the triforce during that. In Hyrule Historia it is said Ganondorf swears loyalty again to the king, which means that he was disloyal at some point, obviously the civil war where every race was after the Triforce.
Ganondorfs age is not stated in OOT but if there is a new king every 100 years he can be assumed to be less than 100. He has the appearance of a middle aged man so he would be around 40-50 in OOT Meaning he would have been 31-41 when he planted his seed inside links mother.
Its therefore possible he could have been around to impregnate her but of course with the way link looks, that is seriously unlikely.
Ganondorf wasn't part of the Hyrulean civil war though, nor was he old enough either. In the Hyrule Historia it states the progression on how they designed Ganondorf. They made him young in OoT, as WW Ganondorf is designed as older and wiser(probably in the 40s-50s range) whilst TP Ganondorf was made a bit younger(probably 30's). In no way could Ganondorf be part of the civil war. Remember, during the beginning of OoT, no one knew who Ganondorf was. Not even those who lived through those times. Ganondorf was just introducing himself to the royal family during the beginning events of OoT, while also causing mayhem. Remember this as well. Ganondorf barely knew of the Triforce whilst he was in Gerudo valley as well. It was only after befriending the royal family that he learned about it and sought it. Ganondorf also wouldn't have a real reason either. He saw Hyruleans mostly in disgust due to his jealousy.

Not that I'm on board with the OP or anything, but is there anything official on the ear genetics? It always struck me as being a mixed->dominant sort of deal with rounded ears being the recessive. (For example, like with earlobes in the real world, it's not clear cut. There are many variations on how pointy ears are. Not to mention even the monkeys have pointy ears.)

ALTTP could potentially suggest a recessive trait...but then the trait made a crazy huge comeback in the next hundred years or so going by ALBW.

(Somewhere in heaven, Gregory Mendel is laughing at us...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom