• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Existence of a Fourth Goddess

Goroganos

My top 3: TP, MM, SS
I don't think there is a fourth goddess to look for. First of all, I don't think the elements Link imbues the Four Sword with should be associated with the goddesses. It would be the same as saying every element from the sages in ocarina of time should have their own god. Instead, I'd look at them like being some kind of crystallized version of different forms of magic, similar to the shadow crystals from Twilight Princess.
Plus, since Din created earth, and it is said in Skyward Sword that "One dark, fateful day, the earth cracked wide and malevolent forces rushed forth from the fissure.", then, if indeed a Goddess did create them, I'd suggest that Din would be the one to have created Demise and the monsters.
Now, for the association of death and earth, I think it would be because Din herself is linked to it. I mean, the monsters came from the earth, the region that is associated to her throughout the games is called Death Mountain, and she lends (consciously or not) her power to "evil".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom