• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Exaggerated Inventory System in Games.

• Thread starter Deleted member 14134
  • Start date

amaterasu

Writer
it is actually said that link has a small pouch that he carries things in, and things shrink down when he puts them in, and grow to full size when he takes them out. note how he seems to literally pull things from his butt.

no lie.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Animal Crossing: You can hold Pianos, Sharks, Huge amounts of money, paintings, Moons, Karts, clothes, etc.
Zelda: Bombs, Masks, Quivers, Bags, Shields, swords, hammers, leaves, etc.
And that's all I can think of.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

They have to keep their inventory somewhere, of course, but it would be impractical to draw it in. I think there's a name for that concept - hammer space? If I remember correctly.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, some ridiculous inventory systems are from any RPG where you can hold X amount of items. Even if you supposedly lend those items to your party members, you have to admit that carrying 100x Ruby, Sapphire, Brownie Stone, and more is going to be extremely heavy even for 8 people. On top of that, you would have to deal with weapons and armor and what not. None of that is ever explained, at least Link has Hammerspace :lol:

D

Deleted member 14134

Well how about the ball and chain? Does it just shrink down as it approaches the pouch? How about the iron bOoTs? in tp doesnt he just kinda jump and they appear on his feet?

MW7

When I first started playing Oblivion the first thing that bothered me about it was that there was actually a limit to what you could carry. I was spoiled by Zelda and wanted to carry every single item in the world at once. Boo realism in fantasy games!

arkvoodle

Diabolical
As said by kemp, Animal Crossing's inventory system is absolutely rediculous! You're literally only wearing a shirt and pants (and maybe a hat or something), yet you can carry bugs, fish, pianos, millions of bells (the currency), huge boxes and many other things. It's ridiculous!

Also, in minecraft, you can lift around 20 stacks of 64 huge piles of bricks. And on top of that, you can carry trees, piles of diamonds, coal and everything else, and still manage to swim and run at the same speed! It's proposterous!

At least pokemon actually has an explanation for items. You have space in your backpack, and the pokemon shrink down into pokeballs. Actually, I think Pokemon is the only series that has an explanation...

Big Octo

=^)
Have you ever played Fallout? You can carry about 280 pounds of equipment, which is all recorded in the P.I.P.B.O.Y 3000

Jedizora

:right:
All of the Paper Mario RPG's. You hold all of your parnters, all of them, in your pants. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom