• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Evolution of Gaming Controllers

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
Think about portable consoles too!! To think we started with game and watches! Think about now we have the 3Ds and the vita

Every company is to be lauded, Nintendo especially.

SNES with the shoulder pads, N64 introducing analog control, and Wii motion control. As for portables, Nintendo was the first to pursue touch, gyro, and the like.

Sony should be remembered for introducing a dual analog scheme and the first handhelds with uni and dual analogs.

Microsoft for introducing the first all wireless controller (note: I recognize XBOX, PS2, and GCN had wirless controllers but not all were) and a dashboard button.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Wow. I dug up my dad's old Intellivision a few months ago, and holding that awkward thing made it hard to play video games. We all owe everything to Nintendo at this point, who innovated almost everything that made controllers advance. I also loved how much ScrewAttack accused other companies of copying Nintendo. :rolleyes:

I think my favorite controller design is the Gamecube controller, but the most comfortable for me is a tie between the PS1/2/3 controller and the Genesis 3-button controller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom