• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Evil Within Quakecon Leak

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
You can check out the three videos in the link below. Although very short videos, it's enough to get anyone who's been aching for a real survival horror fix excited.

It looks very reminiscent of Resident Evil 4, but with a more Gothic and twisted look and feel. Maybe Shinji Mikami is finally making the game he couldn't make before with RE4. I'm ****in' excited!

This was the link I was talking about earlier.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I hope it can strike a proper balance between action and horror, then. Resi 4 did a pretty poor job at that... partially because it wasn't scary at all, but still.

Well, a lot of what the original Resident Evil 4 was going to be, looks to have found its way back to this game in some form. And that game looked scary as hell. This just looks like a modern variation of that, with some new ideas in there. Although Shinji Mikami has stated that there will be action in this game, but even he knows the rules of survival horror.

Last edited:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I really hope this is good, and I'm quite confident it will be! Mikami's a good developer, I know he'll make sure it's a quality product.

I'm skeptical if it'll manage to be a scarier horror game than Amnesia though, that's the only little problem I have in my head for it. Evil Within's got a considerably bigger budget and team, so I think they might be able to nail a better atmosphere and the setting will look a lot scarier, which it does from footage I've seen, but if they can emulate that same sense of suspense and make it so I don't even want to go ahead, I'll be very impressed. And I will both love and hate the game at the same time, just like I did Amnesia.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Well, a lot of what the original Resident Evil 4 was going to be, looks to have found its way back to this game in some form. And that game looked scary as hell. This just looks like a modern variation of that, with some new ideas in there. Although Shinji Mikami has stated that there will be action in this game, but even he knows the rules of survival horror.

Yeah, the RE4 beta looked really creepy. If TEW can manage to be even remotely like that, it should be proper survival-horror.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Doesn't look scary/unnerving at all, but I'm so loving the decapitation. Very much RE4. Anyway I'm pretty much predicting this to be "RE4: Another Story" in the sense that it takes RE4's pre-release ideas and morphs them into a new game. I'm not excited, but it's still interesting.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
RE4 had atmosphere. I don't know if Evil Within will have that kind of atmosphere; it reminds me of RE6 really.

Dafuq you talkin' about Willis? Yeah, RE4 did have atmosphere, but The Evil Within is going even further. This isn't just "ooooh, creepy village, watch out." This game is going for twisted. From those 15 second videos, I can already say that this is miles ahead of RE6, in terms of survival horror. Plus, The Evil Within's background designers are the ones who did Resident Evil REmake. Hell, most of the staff is made up of ex-Capcom guys who've done Resident Evil in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom