• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Ending.

LinkandZelda<3

Knight Academy Student(:
Heyy guys. You remember in the ending when Zelda asks Link, " What about you, Link? What will you do now?" Obviously, he chooses to stay with Zelda. But a few things here. Do you think he'll ever choose to go back into Skyloft? I don't see why he wouldn't, but what about you. ALSO. The birds were underneath the clouds. What the heck? that would've been very useful before. So now that you know the birds can break the barrier, do you think he'll go back ever again?

Last edited:

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
I thought, come on!!! you want to live in a place with tons of living plants and huge slobbering deku babas instead of an amazing community with tons of people to talk to and no problems at all. I mean, its cool that i got to stay with my girlfriend, but seriously!? I LIKE SKYLOFT BETTER

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
He agreed to live with Zelda on the Surface... That doesn't mean that he can't ever go back to Skyloft and just visit. ;) Besides, remember that each resident of Skyloft is only one half of a whole. I don't think Link and Zelda would just leave their Loftwings all of a sudden. Skyloftian life is evidently dominated by Loftwings. Even though we didn't get to see a whole lot of love between people and their birds, I'd imagine that the Loftwings are very, very important.

That said, given how easy it is to go to a Bird Statue and return to the Sky, I don't see why not! :D Link and Zelda could easily just run up to one and visit Skyloft whenever they feel like it.

As for the Loftwings under the cloud barrier... I have no idea. I've been thinking about that, too. :\

Starleap

Canadian Girl
The reason that Loftwings could travel freely down to the surface at the end is because the cloud barrier is gone. Before they were unable to cross down to the surface, even through the paths that Link opened up in his adventure. It's really a simple concept. Since in the beginning the people say that their Loftwings never cross the cloud barrier that blocks the world of Skyloft from the surface...

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
Stay on the ground. why stay on a small rock like that when there's so much on the ground to explore? sure go back to skyloft to visit but, given the choice, i'd stay below the clouds

LinkandZelda<3

Knight Academy Student(:
The reason that Loftwings could travel freely down to the surface at the end is because the cloud barrier is gone. Before they were unable to cross down to the surface, even through the paths that Link opened up in his adventure. It's really a simple concept. Since in the beginning the people say that their Loftwings never cross the cloud barrier that blocks the world of Skyloft from the surface...

hey, thats a really excelent theory!

No, I think he'll run away from zelda and start a new civilization, in the next thousand years the cicilization whould be know as Gureodo vally, and there will be a endles war against the two... jk

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Oh course he wold go back to Skyloft, he could never see Groose again if he didn't. Oh wait that's a good thing :). I loved it nicely raped up the story, love, and creation of Hyrule and the Master Sword were explained in a clear and good way. I did a Thread on this a while back about what Link said he would do and me and everyone else said he would stay, and of course that was what was going to happen. Boy would I be surprised if he told Zelda he was in love with the hand in the toilet and went back for her. It was odd that the birds came through the sky, oddly though I haven't noticed it intill you said it. Since Skyloft is a nice town and he has a lot of friends in bettween building Hyrule and talking to dead robots he would probaly go back to Skyloft. I know if I had my birth town only a quick fly I would go back a lot.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
Oh course he wold go back to Skyloft, he could never see Groose again if he didn't. Oh wait that's a good thing :). I loved it nicely raped up the story, love, and creation of Hyrule and the Master Sword were explained in a clear and good way. I did a Thread on this a while back about what Link said he would do and me and everyone else said he would stay, and of course that was what was going to happen. Boy would I be surprised if he told Zelda he was in love with the hand in the toilet and went back for her. It was odd that the birds came through the sky, oddly though I haven't noticed it intill you said it. Since Skyloft is a nice town and he has a lot of friends in bettween building Hyrule and talking to dead robots he would probaly go back to Skyloft. I know if I had my birth town only a quick fly I would go back a lot.

You've got a spelling error in there that I won't mention but you may want to fix that...heh heh. I'm being immature :3

I liked the ending, and I do think he'd probably at least visit Skyloft, (in my opinion he'd be a total jerk if he didn't.) but maybe try to start a civilisation of sorts on the surface, otherwise how would Hyrule have been created? :P

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Heyy guys. You remember in the ending when Zelda asks Link, " What about you, Link? What will you do now?" Obviously, he chooses to stay with Zelda. But a few things here. Do you think he'll ever choose to go back into Skyloft? I don't see why he wouldn't, but what about you. ALSO. The birds were underneath the clouds. What the heck? that would've been very useful before. So now that you know the birds can break the barrier, do you think he'll go back ever again?

At the end when the birds come to the surface I was mad I was like what the hell, you tell us that loftwings can not break the cloud barrier but they just did HOW!!!!

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Oh, I think Link and Zelda probably will go back to visit Skyloft every now and again, after all, they do need to show people down to the surface to build/re-build the Hylian civilization. It can't all belong to Groose!

In an AIM roleplay I started with a friend that never got of the ground (haha) a post-game scenario went like this: Zelda wishes to create a strong Royal bloodline for the new world, using herself as the residue of the Goddess - and she wishes this line to have the blood of a strong Hero, hence her proposal to Link to "let's make children." Of course, he agrees to this because I am a ZeLink shipper for this particular game...

And maybe Groose goes to Lanayru and pimps out all the lost technology, going so far as to Groose-ify the ancient pirate ship into a full-fledged desert punk mechanical sand-steamer. Or maybe not... I can dream, can't I?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom