• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Ending of SS.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.... I finished Skyward Sword the other day and I was wondering what you guys thought about the ending.... Am I the only one who:

1) was about to cry during Link and Fi's (or Link and Zelda's) scene :,(
2) found that the ending was very similar to TP (breaking of the portal/ helper leaving) :/
3) figured out a loooong time ago who Granny was..... :D

So I thought it was a great ending especially since it sets up Link and other skyloft people living in Hyrule. But I wanna know what you guys think :)

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
1. I DID cry. And I wept when Zelda was first imprisoned.

2. Yep, same here.

3. I found out the second I entered the portal and saw the younger version there.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
1. I did not cry during Fi's leaving. I was upset about it because I feel the fourth wall is evil and must be destroyed, but in all honesty this felt force. I really felt no connection to Fi as a Person, not that I didn't like her. I liked her alot but as a robot companion, not as an emotional friend. This Random display of emotions came out of no where and was bad character continuity.

2. I did not think it was too similar to TP but I can see where you're going there. Again, the ending was trying to hard to be deep.

3. Me too. They didn't make it hard.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
1: I didnt cry when Zelda was trapped in that amber, and I didnt cry then either. Both times I wanted to bawl, but the epic kinda overrided the tragic. The only time a game has ever made me bawl, is the end of Spyro Dawn of the Dragon, when I thought the first game character I loved to death died.

2: Didnt notice, but you're right.

3: Honestly, no. I thought Grannie was just some random wise elder, and Impa just happened to be through the gate of time at the same time as Link. It wasnt until I was almost done with the game that a wild spoiler appeared on TV Tropes...funny thing is, TV Tropes uses spoiler tags, but I thought I'd had enough completed...

In response to random person's number 1:
1) I did say or Zelda
2) even though Fi wasn't emotional throughout the game (I agree she was 90% robot) I felt like what she said at the end was appropriate and needed. I don't believe it would have been sufficient for Fi to be like "oK master. I helped you. Goodbye." THE END. Where's the fun ending in that? Although I did find Fi rather annoying, again I felt like what she said was very sweet and kind.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
In response to random person's number 1:
1) I did say or Zelda
2) even though Fi wasn't emotional throughout the game (I agree she was 90% robot) I felt like what she said at the end was appropriate and needed. I don't believe it would have been sufficient for Fi to be like "oK master. I helped you. Goodbye." THE END. Where's the fun ending in that? Although I did find Fi rather annoying, again I felt like what she said was very sweet and kind.

The scenario you described wouldn't be appropriate, but that doesn't make the ending that was giving any less bad. It would've been better if Fi had been building up emotion to that point or had a departure that stuck with her character. You don't have to throw emotion into an emotionless character to make a scene emotional (Star Trek has proven it). There are many other ways that this scene could've been done where Fi stuck to her character yet didn't still created an emotional scene.

And the Zelda scene did make me want to cry. It was my favorite part of the game because it was so emotional! (Totally not joking).

Last edited:

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
I hated the ending to Skyward Sword. It further reminded me that Fi had no character development. It felt very anticlimactic when you defeated Demise due to the gap in between his and Ghirahim's fight. It just was not at the top of my best ending for a Zelda game

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I found nothing wrong with Fi's ending. She did kinda build up emotion toward the final battle, when she said "good luck". A simple "Congratulations on defeating the demon king, kthxbai." would be stupid. She was emotionless through the entire game...I thought her words at the end were good character development.

videogamenerd10

Indigo Child
1. almost cried when saying goodbye to Fi but I am fortunately very good at holding back tears :cool:

2. had a feeling of satisfaction when I finally killed Demise

3. mind exploded when I found out that "Granny" has been Impa this whole time

4. very fascinated with how the ending ended

5. when the game rolled the credits, I thought about every event that happened in the whole game (even throwing a cat off of Skyloft and dropping bombs next to Groose :lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom