• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Ending of an Anime

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Sup peeps, Random Person here. Ever watched an anime all the way to the ending? You get that special feeling in the pit of your gut where you feel happy because you've finally made it. All that time watching the characters develop and seeing the world unfold in front of you is a great feeling. But at the same time you feel sad because all the fun is over. You can no longer find out what will happen and are forced to accept everything that has already been given. I just recently finished an anime called Hunter X Hunter. Fantastic anime with a great plot and beyond excellent action. Can't wait to watch the remake. The ending, however, was unsatisfactory. It left way too many holes. It may have another season in the distant future or maybe the manga explains everything, but the anime really does not satisfy.
Gon finally finds his father, however that's exactly where it ends. They don't exchange dialogue or anything. We don't know what happened to the spiders. Kurapica is still... well... Kurapica. And that mysterious guy who Gon met on the first episode is never seen again.

On the other hand, the best anime ending I've ever seen belongs to Yu Yu Hakusho (Which is actually my choice for best anime ever as well). All the mysteries were filled in and every character seemed fulfilled. Albeit the last couple of episodes seemed a bit rushed, it still worked out. We knew what was happening with every character and where their lives were generally headed.
Yusuke returns to the human world where he and his girlfriend finally kiss and become a couple. Kuwabara and Kurama are living lives as normal humans. Hiei is living a peacful life in the demon world with his love. With the wisdom of Kurama, he will eventually tell Yukina who he really is. And all the gang has inherited Genkai's house and land so that in the future they can take care of any demon who wanders into the human world looking for a peaceful life.

So what do you guys think makes a good and/or bad ending to an anime? Have any examples? What do you think of mine? And be careful of spoilers.

Last edited:
i get sad when an anime is over right now im looking for a new one to watch

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I haven't honestly watched anything anime in quite awhile by this point but I can clearly remember one anime that had a terrible ending for a series.

Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Without going into spoilers, and really even if I did there's very little sense to the ending regardless, the anime just sort of ends. And then they made a film to 'correct' the ending and it just made things more confusing and seemed to leave things at an even more random point.

The series progressed, you saw characters develop, and then at the end there was a lot of 'philosophical' talk and flashing images. It left so many questions.

'Shinji's Rant' effectively summed up everyone was thinking at the end of the series.

Sup peeps, Random Person here. Ever watched an anime all the way to the ending? You get that special feeling in the pit of your gut where you feel happy because you've finally made it. All that time watching the characters develop and seeing the world unfold in front of you is a great feeling. But at the same time you feel sad because all the fun is over. You can no longer find out what will happen and are forced to accept everything that has already been given. I just recently finished an anime called Hunter X Hunter. Fantastic anime with a great plot and beyond excellent action. Can't wait to watch the remake. The ending, however, was unsatisfactory. It left way too many holes. It may have another season in the distant future or maybe the manga explains everything, but the anime really does not satisfy.
Gon finally finds his father, however that's exactly where it ends. They don't exchange dialogue or anything. We don't know what happened to the spiders. Kurapica is still... well... Kurapica. And that mysterious guy who Gon met on the first episode is never seen again.

On the other hand, the best anime ending I've ever seen belongs to Yu Yu Hakusho (Which is actually my choice for best anime ever as well). All the mysteries were filled in and every character seemed fulfilled. Albeit the last couple of episodes seemed a bit rushed, it still worked out. We knew what was happening with every character and where their lives were generally headed.
Yusuke returns to the human world where he and his girlfriend finally kiss and become a couple. Kuwabara and Kurama are living lives as normal humans. Hiei is living a peacful life in the demon world with his love. With the wisdom of Kurama, he will eventually tell Yukina who he really is. And all the gang has inherited Genkai's house and land so that in the future they can take care of any demon who wanders into the human world looking for a peaceful life.

So what do you guys think makes a good and/or bad ending to an anime? Have any examples? What do you think of mine? And be careful of spoilers.

This is funny, because both of those series were written by the same mangaka.
I have to disagree with you about the end of Yu Yu, though, as I found the entire final arc extremely rushed and disappointing. Still a great anime though.

I'd say my favorite ending of an anime would be the ending of Cowboy Bebop (as damned depressing as it is), simply because it wrapped everything up in a way that felt extremely satisfying.
My least favorite anime ending would be Samurai Champloo. I loved the anime to a huge extent, and I thought it was going to end perfectly when
Mugen and Jin were fighting. I figured they would kill each other and that would have been a great (albeit sad) ending. But then they got up and walked away. And I went "Lame."

Starleap

Canadian Girl
I've watched a lot of anime, some of it is still ongoing (Fairy Tail and H.O.T.D). Anyway, I've watched so much, that all the endings I love. Angel Beats had a tragically happy ending, D.N Angels had a pretty alright ending. Card Captor Sakura was cool and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles ended just before the real ending, it freaking sucked.

Code Geass R2 had a ridiculously awesome, but tragic ending. RomeoXJuliet had a sad ending, cause it was an anime adaptation of Shakespear's play. Angelic Layer had a hilarious, but happy ending. Infinite Stratos had a feel good, funny ending.

Alright, I'll stop there... Too many animes... :sweat:

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Depends on what anime I'm watching, but for the most part yes I hate it when an anime ends, especially those ones that it seems like just when it gets goods, it's over.

Nerion

Nerion Saiarion
In Death Note, I kinda didn't like the ending. It was so tragic even though I never liked Light very much, I knew it wouldn't end good.

In Love Hina, I didn't like season two, because it was boring, they only made lightning-like blushes to make them look older, and not everything was cleared out. There were still alot of things unrevealed. And I thought the series was way too short! Only 25 episodes (minus the specials and season two/OVA/Love Hina Again series) Now I'm kinda depending on it. But since I jusrt watched it, it will be kinda tedious to watch it again...

Siniru

Zoldyck family assassin
Your Imagination... Is life real?! Am I real?!
Personally, my fav anime ending is Tales of the Abyss.

It really rips emotion into you and leaves you with a sense of sadness. It is really well thought up in the end, though.

Earlier in the game, after a little problem, the main character, Luke, found out that the fonons binding his body together are slowly dissolving, and he got told to use as little powers using the Seventh Fonon as he can.

However, once he defeats the final boss Van upon the replica land Hod, there is a little cheesy scene where all of the party members nags him to come back alive, because once he uses his power to release Lorelei (the seventh fonon itself) his fonons will dissapear and he will die.

He does die, and later on after Lorelei gets released and after the credits, there is a scene with Tear singing the Grand Fonic Hymn and there is a conversation:
Anise: He did not come.
Guy: I have come to say that you all are invited to Luke's coming of age ceremony at the duke's manor.
Tear: I am not interested... in some ceremony.... He said he would come back alive.
Guy: Yeah. I am not going to sit around all day and listen to some stories.
Jade: We better go back now. These woods are dangerous at night.

They all turn to go, and Tear notices Luke standing quite far away, dressed in dark overalls.

Tear: Why are you.... here?
Luke: This place has a nice view of Hod. And... I promised someone.
Tear: ....!

Yeah. And personally that is my fav ending. It left me crying all night. TOA forever!

I know exactly how it fells! Now I'm already more resistant to it, but I used to actully cry when some anime ended xD
And Hunter x Hunter is not really over!!! The manga is still going on, but I guess we won't be seeing more episodes of the anime that soon...

I cried when Nightmare Inspector ended. It was really said. Yu Yu Hakusho was really good, and had a fitting ending. However, Bleach needs to end. Now. The entire thing is filler now.

The Bleach manga is in its last arc, so it shouldn't be too much longer. I agree, though, it has gone severely down hill.

I hate it when a good anime ends! ;n; I bang my desk, refusing to believe it's finished... Takes me a couple hours to realize that it REALLY is DONE. >_<

I actually just finished an anime the other day that I'd been watching with my friend Lizzie. It's called Rosaio + Vampire and from what I know (which is little), it's a relatively well-known anime. It had a ridiculous plot and it objectified women to a stupid extent and it had that sickeningly sweet element to it, but there was something about it that kept me wanting to stick with it. The characters, while I'll admit were pretty shallow, were juuuust emotionally jarring to make me want to keep watching. As the series progressed, I became more and more intrigued, as things started to be getting deeper. However, when I reached the end of the series, I felt rather... let go of. I felt like it ended without saying a thing at all. There was no real conclusion and it just basically seemed to say "There you have it. Time goes on". I was ... disappointed. It wasn't a bad ending, but it didn't feel wrapped up. But maybe that's life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom