• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time The Ending?? (may Contain Spoilers)

Austin

Austin
I just beat OoT for the N'th time. Two things I've realized. 1 the first form of Ganon, its titled Ganondorf, and then when the castle is destroyed. You fight him again, and he is then Ganon. However, I still don't agree with the dual personality theory of Ganon.

The main point I want to get at is the celebration. They're all in the lon-lon ranch celebrating. We can assume this is 7 years in the future, because of Epona and Malon's size. Since they're celebrating, we can also assume they were aware of Ganon's existence and his defeat. That is settled.

Now my point comes up next. You see a scene where Link runs up to Zelda, and shes peering through the window. She turns around in surprised, and end of game! Now, the question is, does she know him? Does she have memories of being Sheik and seven years ahead, or is this the first time shes meeting him.

Remember earlier in the game, you first meet Zelda in the castle garden. Is this just replaying that scene, or did Link decide to pay her a visit since they had an adventure together. I'm going to assume that Link does have memory of it before. Since he had to place the master sword back. Can't blame the guy to visit Zelda, since he is in the region, but does she remember him?

What do you guys think?

I've been thinking about this theory myself.

I'm thinking that it's after Link has opened the door of time and Ganondorf entered the Sacred Realm, hence why he doesn't die in the related event in TP and how he's banished to the Twilight Realm by the Seven Wise Men/Sages. Zelda sends him back in time to warn her former self about trying to save Hyrule that way, warning about the dangers and whatnot. She pleas to her father to listen and of course Ganondorf attacks the castle. The King is ready and soliders die. However he is captured and exiled to the Twilight Realm. That's what seems logical to me, whether the Triforce only gives him real power when he's angry or emotional or something I'm not sure. Or the sages used their magic to supress it until the time he was banished.

Ganondorf is his name as a human form, Ganon is the name given to the beast form that he can transform into thanks to the Triforce of Power.

Zelda will have no memories because basically they are two diffferent Zeldas. The paradox in time causes the split (watch Back to the Future II) and hence there are two different people. However the one person who time travels will have the memories, Link.

Shiek, at this point, only exists in the adult timeline. It's the guise to protect herself from Ganondorf. She has no need to protect herself in the child timeline, hence Impa does not devise the guise for her.

Still a lot of confusion about the exact time of events and when Link returned to Princess Zelda, I'm actually thinking I've got something wrong in my initial paragraph too.

Aki Graham

Secret Finder
Link had no intention to just pay her a visit. He had the intention of telling Zelda that Ganondorf will take over Hyrule in the future, and that Zelda needs to do something about it. After he tells her that, he goes to the lost woods to look for Navi, etc. This making the child timeline, where Ganondorf's plan is prevented on the first day, and he is punished, unlike the Adult timline, where he is just sealed.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I'm am pretty sure than when Ganon is sealed away, Link is the only one that remembers what he did. But what was amazing was the fact the Zelda knew he saved Hyrule because he nightmares ended in Ganon was not through the window. Zelda somehow knew that Link was Hero of Time, and she knew that Ganon, the evil one was gone and never killed her father, the King of Hyrule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom