• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

...The...end?

FlatxSharp

Music to last through the ages
So! In TP, at the very end, after all that awsome epicness happened...and you beat the game...you ended up stuck at the last place you saved at. I dunno why, but this INFURIATED me! I understand that it was a way to say, "Now, you can go back and collect all the heart pieces, poes, ect." But, it was so...irritating.

I do like going back to beat the boss again, but when I reset my Wii...and see that I'm at Hyrule castle with it raining and monsters flying in the sky DESPITE the fact that I just killed the source of evil...it's unsatisfying.

Am I the only one that feels this way? I understand if I am...I mean, Nintendo can't make everyone happy, and leaving it this way is a good idea.

I'm wondering if they'll do this in SS. I kinda hope not...but at the same time...

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Majora's Mask had the best game ending for Zelda, in my opinion. What I mean is that it made the most sense. You could redo everything and it legitimately made sense. I can understand your frustation, but going back in a game that doesn't require time travel will tend to have moments like this. If you go back after the boss is beaten, the timeline gets a messed up.

@Random Person But that is the point of Major's Mask, a time paradox were the world is redone without Majora. Like, in OoT, in the beggining Ganon did not have the triforce and lived in hyrule, after you beat the game, Link still has the ToC in the past and Ganon is no longer in Hyrule, but the Sacred Realm. So it makes sence. Especialy since it happened in prevouse games. Personaly, not being able to see how hyrule is rejuvinating after Ganon was killed in TP got on my nerves so much!!! Atleast the original had a second quest....

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
It made sense in MM to be able to repeat everything and have everything still be in chaos, with everyone fearing the moon again because that was the point of the game. In my opinion, all other games should be changed once they're completed. You feel no sense of accomplishment when you come back and see that everyone is still in trouble and evil is still crawling throughout Hyrule.

Maybe the creators assumed that once you finish the final boss, you'll move onto something else or start over from the beginning because there's nothing left to do. They could have thought it was a waste of time to do any work on the aftermath since most people don't actually play the game anymore once it's completed.

Kybyrian

I actually really don't like the idea of having a world where all the monsters are gone and everything after you beat the final boss, it just wouldn't feel right. I think that it's fine the way it is, with starting back at the last save point. You have the opportunity to go back and collect heart pieces you miss and whatever else, and do some exploration the way it was meant to be done throughout the game. I think that it would very quickly get very boring without any enemies anywhere to fight.

Vibed

must read before he posts
I actually really don't like the idea of having a world where all the monsters are gone and everything after you beat the final boss, it just wouldn't feel right. I think that it's fine the way it is, with starting back at the last save point. You have the opportunity to go back and collect heart pieces you miss and whatever else, and do some exploration the way it was meant to be done throughout the game. I think that it would very quickly get very boring without any enemies anywhere to fight.

I don't think they want for there to be no monsters, but for there to be a Aftermath after you beat the final boss.

It irritates me too sometimes.....

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I'm with Kyby on this one. If there was nothing else to do, it would seem a little pointless to save afterwards. In fact, I hate it when the game IS saved after you beat the final boss and you can't play it again *coughbanjokazooiecough*. I love just going back and facing the final boss as many times as I want without having to play through the entire game again.
Now, of course, if they added a Boss Replay mode, this wouldn't be quite as big of an issue, but I would still prefer to have the final boss accessible at all times.

i think the reason they do that is because once you beaten the boss the game is over all that is left is the credits and if you watch the credits they wrap everything up they show you that everything is returning to normal. at the end of tp it showed the kids going home. midina breaking the mirror of twilght and returning to the twilight realm. people returning to normal life. i have had one question though. what happens to Malo-mart? the people of castle town really love that store. but would Malo's parent's let him keep it seeing how he is only 4 years old.:huh:

D

Da Bunni Hood

I liked mm's ending because it actually saved after you beat it and it gives you special proof that you beat the game (fierce deity).

What would be a cool idea is if you could save after you beat it, but it gave you some bonus things to do after the game is over. And maybe an option to re-face the final boss. Kind of like how you could go back and fight bosses in Majora's Mask (Though that had to do with the time paradox and everything I know). Maybe throw in a few little miniquests?

Beeker

Wild Card
What would be a cool idea is if you could save after you beat it, but it gave you some bonus things to do after the game is over. And maybe an option to re-face the final boss. Kind of like how you could go back and fight bosses in Majora's Mask (Though that had to do with the time paradox and everything I know). Maybe throw in a few little miniquests?

I think you are still able to beat the boss again(because after the credits are done, you go to your last save spot). Unless you mean the entire final boss fight and other bosses as well, I see what you mean. The idea of a few mini side quests would be neat too, but I don't know if I would want it.

After beating the main story players go back to collect the rest of the treasures and complete any unfinished sidequests.I think I like the way previous games have done it, and Skyward Sword should do the same. Or maybe it could be like Wind Waker and unlock a second quest of sorts with bonus material.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I think it would be a cool idea if after you beat the game there was boss replay, But afterwards it turned Harvest Moon Style Legend of Zelda. But still quests and trouble in Hyrule. Haha. Just an Idea.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
So! In TP, at the very end, after all that awsome epicness happened...and you beat the game...you ended up stuck at the last place you saved at. I dunno why, but this INFURIATED me! I understand that it was a way to say, "Now, you can go back and collect all the heart pieces, poes, ect." But, it was so...irritating.

I do like going back to beat the boss again, but when I reset my Wii...and see that I'm at Hyrule castle with it raining and monsters flying in the sky DESPITE the fact that I just killed the source of evil...it's unsatisfying.

Am I the only one that feels this way? I understand if I am...I mean, Nintendo can't make everyone happy, and leaving it this way is a good idea.

I'm wondering if they'll do this in SS. I kinda hope not...but at the same time...

No, I agree with you! I hope they reward you with something cool at the end of the game...they should let you go back and replay all the boss battles...or give you a sidequest...like finding a girlfriend for Tingle...or something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom